Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Robot daily is the worst since you can't mindlessly auto it. All the others I can without any problems but the way the fight works just makes you waste too many actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Discovered this game while randomly checking the gacha thread and I'm hooked. The only other gacha game I played was FGO and this compares favourably in pretty much all aspects, including character design and writing, which I considered to be FGOs strengths.

I have no idea about the wider Project Moon world, as the only other Project Moon game I played was one unfinished playthrough of Lobotomy Corp that I abandoned when I saved my progress after getting a certain train and that was apparently a horrible mistake, but I like what I see from the setting so far.

Friend code is 0897637071, although I genuinely don't understand how the whole "support" thing works in this game. :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Discovered this game while randomly checking the gacha thread and I'm hooked. The only other gacha game I played was FGO and this compares favourably in pretty much all aspects, including character design and writing, which I considered to be FGOs strengths.

I have no idea about the wider Project Moon world, as the only other Project Moon game I played was one unfinished playthrough of Lobotomy Corp that I abandoned when I saved my progress after getting a certain train and that was apparently a horrible mistake, but I like what I see from the setting so far.

Friend code is 0897637071, although I genuinely don't understand how the whole "support" thing works in this game. :v:

Welcome! We always have room for another Train Disliker here.

As for supports, the way they work is like this: when you’re going to go into a stage or dungeon, you can tap the “edit team” button to edit your team. From there, tap a sinner and there will be a “support button” in the top center over your list of identities. Tapping it will let you use the identities of your friend list instead. There’s a limit of one support ID per battle, so pick wisely!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Useful if you are an identity short of some build you want to try, or if you just want a max level top tier 000 identity your friend has to carry you.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I got 2 kromer Faust and the Heathcliff on my second 10 pull. Apparently, I don't have any id's great at generating gloom, though.

She seems strong, but I don't have any content to run her through that won't be a curbstomp.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
So I did a 10 pull on the N-Corp one and I got two 000 identities! Kurokumo Rodion and Rabbit Heathcliff! I only have Rodion's N-Corp Identity, though.

EDIT:
Did the E.G.O.s light up before the update or did they change that?

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 23, 2023

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Had some mechanics questions:

- Passives trigger once every time you collect the required number of symbols from using attacks, yes?
- Support is the same but for whatever IDs are currently selected in the Sinners list but not in battle, yes?

- Ego passives... Are always on? Trigger on the turn after the Ego is used? Are on for the rest of the battle after the Ego is used? I can't tell.
- Ego resistances and weaknesses are calculated how exactly?

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Can provide some help - passives trigger the turn you collect of the required color, and for that turn only. You can see which passives will be active on the left side of the screen after selecting attacks, but before you start clashing.
Support passives are as you guessed.
EGO passives turn on once you use that EGO, for the rest of the battle.

No idea how EGO resistances worked, can't say I've had to use it much.

On a side note, as a mostly F2Per who's only got the battle pass, I've managed to rack up 400 Faust shards. The question now is, do I burn them on her new 000, or on Hex Nail? I've heard great things about the new identity, but I know the moment I use these shards, my dupe luck will kick in and she'll drop on a pull. I've already landed 5 Kurokumo Rodion's, and I can feel the game sharpening another nail to stick in me...

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

KobunFan posted:

So I did a 10 pull on the N-Corp one and I got two 000 identities! Kurokumo Rodion and Rabbit Heathcliff! I only have Rodion's N-Corp Identity, though.

EDIT:
Did the E.G.O.s light up before the update or did they change that?

They always lit up but it was a lot more subtle before this patch. They amped up the brightness a TON which is great, a lot clearer.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

vector_to posted:

On a side note, as a mostly F2Per who's only got the battle pass, I've managed to rack up 400 Faust shards. The question now is, do I burn them on her new 000, or on Hex Nail? I've heard great things about the new identity, but I know the moment I use these shards, my dupe luck will kick in and she'll drop on a pull. I've already landed 5 Kurokumo Rodion's, and I can feel the game sharpening another nail to stick in me...

I'd say just hold onto them. Faust is great but unless the new endgame stuff releasing soon is extremely tightly tuned to needing the best units, you don't really need her and can wait and see if you manage to get lucky as the season progresses, then cash out a day before it ends on whatever you don't have.

e: Especially since so far every unit added has gone to the general pool so you'll have a chance of grabbing them every banner until the season ends at least.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 23, 2023

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Got Gripfaust in 20. Don't have N Corp. Meursault, so I can't run the 4-man N Corp. squad, but Kurokumo Ryōshū fills a spot well, thanks to being pure Pierce, benefitting from the copious amounts of Bleed coming out, and both her and Faust appreciating Lust-heavy teams.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Infinity Gaia posted:

They always lit up but it was a lot more subtle before this patch. They amped up the brightness a TON which is great, a lot clearer.

I agree. Especially since now you can instantly see if using an E.G.O. means not using another one.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Are we sure the unoppossed numbers aren't just a damage estimation? Although they do feel high.

Also did a MD run just to scrounch up enough for a 10pull... got NEETFaust and Heathcliff first try :toot: Totally compensates my bad luck on Mr. Salt's. I guess I do have to use my boxes on him then...

they are definitely a damage estimation. the min number is "base power * coin count * enemy vulnerability" and the max number is "(base number + power per coin) * coin count * enemy vulnerability"
you'll see the numbers double if you aim at a part that's +100% fatally weak.
That said they're not completely accurate, or maybe there's some variance or something, because yesterday the YTGBH adds were displaying damage ranges of 1-3 but hitting for 5.

on an unrelated note: graust's skill 3 seems a lot less crazy strong than it did at first look, after trying it out in a mirror dungeon. the damage buff seems to only last for 0.5 turns, i.e. it lasts for the remainder of the combat phase Faust triggered it in but disappears before your next turn. so its value is gonna vary a ton based on her speed. meanwhile the gripping is insanely good

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 23, 2023

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Blew 9k Lunacy and 30 single pull tix on the grippy banner and all I got was the Gregor EGO. Used all my selector boxes I've been saving to grab her from the dispenser. Pretty rotten luck but can't complain since I've been decently lucky with the freerolls they gave out earlier. Still so many people to uptie but her skills look good enough to use even at base level.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

KazigluBey posted:

Had some mechanics questions:

- Passives trigger once every time you collect the required number of symbols from using attacks, yes?
- Support is the same but for whatever IDs are currently selected in the Sinners list but not in battle, yes?

- Ego passives... Are always on? Trigger on the turn after the Ego is used? Are on for the rest of the battle after the Ego is used? I can't tell.
- Ego resistances and weaknesses are calculated how exactly?

Somebody answered the other three already (Yes, yes, on for the rest of the battle after a single use and they stack from DIFFERENT EGO but not reusing the same one), and I can answer the fourth one:

Your EGO / Sin resistances at the start of every fight are "whatever it says on your lowest-tier EGO", which currently should always be a ZAYIN because there's no way to equip an empty slot.
Once you use an EGO your resistances change over: It used to be "take any values that would be improvements for the player and slap them onto your current list".
That got out of control very quickly, so they announced a change to make it "just switch to the new EGO's list entirely".
This means you can switch back and forth between different resistance tables by using different EGO repeatedly.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Thank you for the replies, it's been very helpful. Followup question tho:

What does the game mean when an effect states that the enemy's Power value is reduced by, say, "Gluttony Res. / 4"? Whose Gluttony Res. counts for this effect, the Sinner's or the target's? And how does High Res vs Low Res affect this calculation? If the Res. in question is Normal, does it even do anything? EDIT. And what is "Abs."? Seen an effect that runs off of "Gluttony Abs. / 2"

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Mar 23, 2023

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Res isn't resistance, it's Resonance. That should immediately answer all of your other questions.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Infinity Gaia posted:

Res isn't resistance, it's Resonance. That should immediately answer all of your other questions.

Ahh, so something running off of Res. looks at your total chain length and then divides the value by X, and for Abs. it looks for your chain of similar color and then divides that by X. Am I right?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Gluttony Resonance is the count of all green gluttony skills you've used that turn, regardless of position.
Gluttony absolute resonance is the count of the longest chain of adjacent gluttony skills.

If you have 10 actions and end up with something like G R G Y B G G G R G, you will have a resonance of 6 G but an absolute resonance chain of 3.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It is insanely hard even with 8 Lust attacks in my party comp to ever get 5 in a row for N. Faust's passive but drat is it good.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

KazigluBey posted:

Ahh, so something running off of Res. looks at your total chain length and then divides the value by X, and for Abs. it looks for your chain of similar color and then divides that by X. Am I right?

Yes, apart from (as RPATDO said) the first part only looking at the correct color in your total chain length, and the Abs. only looking at the consecutive chain of the correct color.

Unrelated note for anybody wanting to absolutely speedrun / build up a lot of spent Enkephalin for the event: Just bring Kurokumo Rodion to the Thread Luxcavation today. The rest of your team barely matters, although other Slash Pride users who can fuel What is Cast are great. I've gotten a sub 2-minute clear on the Level 30 version playing 100% manually, and our girl Rodya literally cannot fail the stat check. It's free real estate Thread. :v:

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Lt. Lizard posted:

Hey there, fellow former FGO Goon!

Event is a little too chill, if anything. Guess I really am just gonna be slow-rolling up to maxing everybody out for a while.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 24, 2023

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Been running 4 N-Corp + Sinclair BL and it is a fun team and doesn't feel OP. Really liking Limbus, so glad it came out

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:

Theantero posted:

Despite all my pulls, I still have neither of the 000 identities of the Clerical Fash meta :negative:

My third 10-pull on the banner had a 000 in it

It was yi sang

I am convinced the game is loving with me at this point

(N Corp Meursault has also been dodging me for something like 100 pulls at this point)

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
smh, shoulda raised your sanity before pulling for the luck boost

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

VinnyDonuts posted:

My third 10-pull on the banner had a 000 in it

It was yi sang

I am convinced the game is loving with me at this point

(N Corp Meursault has also been dodging me for something like 100 pulls at this point)

me :handshake: you
pulling 3* yi sang when going for faust who grips

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think my only concern with the game is that there's nothing really to work towards. I don't think that the game needs some insane treadmill grind like GBF but there's no little incremental thing to work towards between events and chapter releases, just dailies.

I know that the upcoming abormality thing is going to be the 'endgame' content but like, what is it going to give, just some lunacy I guess? Which isn't that interesting of a reward to me, I didn't bother with the Abyss in genshin for the same reason for the most part.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I, on the other hand, am extremely glad to have a gacha without an endless tiny treadmill. I can play the game without it having to consume my life. The fact that there's not a single aspect of character growth that's random besides getting the characters in the first place is so nice, it's almost like a real game rather than a gacha.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think my only concern with the game is that there's nothing really to work towards. I don't think that the game needs some insane treadmill grind like GBF but there's no little incremental thing to work towards between events and chapter releases, just dailies.

I know that the upcoming abormality thing is going to be the 'endgame' content but like, what is it going to give, just some lunacy I guess? Which isn't that interesting of a reward to me, I didn't bother with the Abyss in genshin for the same reason for the most part.
The real treadmill is levelling the battle pass via mirror dungeons. Every Mirror Dungeon run after the weekly bonuses run out gives you 7 BP, and after you hit level 60 you start getting nomination shard boxes for every extra level - 1 per level for the free pass and 3 per level for the paid pass. You can skip the gacha completely with enough grinding.

I bought N Faust this way, and I'm about to buy Don's Telepole too.

I just wish all content gave you a little BP, not just MD.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

GilliamYaeger posted:

The real treadmill is levelling the battle pass via mirror dungeons. Every Mirror Dungeon run after the weekly bonuses run out gives you 7 BP, and after you hit level 60 you start getting nomination shard boxes for every extra level - 1 per level for the free pass and 3 per level for the paid pass. You can skip the gacha completely with enough grinding.

I bought N Faust this way, and I'm about to buy Don's Telepole too.

I just wish all content gave you a little BP, not just MD.

Hmm alright that makes sense.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg
Impending update / overhaul to passives!

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1639118458142228482

> Many passives will have cost adjustments.
> Other passives will now care about PASSIVELY how much stored Sin Resource you have.
> Some passives will be basically unchanged.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

I’m reaching the end of the battle pass - will probably finish next reset - and did a little math to figure out what this means for how many choice shard boxes I’ll have for the end of the season. Assuming I do one mirror dungeon a day for the rest of the season, between that and dailies/weeklies I expect to pull in around 400 boxes off levels (54 days left over 7 more weeks, 17/day plus 59/week) I’ve got 180 on hand, plus there’s some more in the mini event and presumably later events/the endgame thing will also give out some.

So basically expect to be able to select three or four EGOs/000 IDs at the end of the season assuming you’re in around the same place. Maybe more if you get a lot of dupes, maybe less if you roll really lovely on boxes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the rateup 2* rates seem really high, ive gotten a ton of heathcliff shards while rolling for faust

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Endorph posted:

the rateup 2* rates seem really high, ive gotten a ton of heathcliff shards while rolling for faust

Yeah, I noticed the general rate of 00s as well and did some noodling the other day myself: Specifically, I wanted to know how good (or bad) the value was on the daily "Paid Lunacy only" 90% discounted single-pulls.

TL;DR they're excellent value if you're looking for general shards or if you want Thread.

To be more specific (and I am very much not a math guy so I might have gotten the numbers wrong), I came up with an average of 5.86 shards for any single pull, with a very obvious floor of 3 shards per pull. This assumes that getting an actual new EGO or Identity you don't already own is strictly better than Shards and doesn't factor them in: They're just gravy. It also assumes you're literally DOING single pulls, and not 10x, as the rates would be better there. At 13 Lunacy per daily pull, that's close to 2:1 conversion between the two resources. You have no control over where those Shards land of course, but if you're using them for Thread or just building up over time? It means that doing one month of pulls this way, when there's usually 2-3 banners to pull from, would get you around 500-600 shards spread across all the Sinners.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Endorph posted:

Assuming you still have EGOs left to roll (since exhausting them changes the rates), you have a roughly 71% chance of rolling the banner 2* on any given 10 roll (the guaranteed 2*+ slot has a 47.9% chance of being the banner 2*, and the remaining 9 rolls have a combined 44.85% chance).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

actually, another question. when you've exhausted the gacha EGOs, what do the rates look like? do those odds just get added to 1* sinners, or?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Endorph posted:

actually, another question. when you've exhausted the gacha EGOs, what do the rates look like? do those odds just get added to 1* sinners, or?

If you click the Probabilities on the Extract screen and scroll down it tells you.

000 becomes 0.2500% from 0.2417%
00 becomes 0.7222% from 0.7111%
0 becomes 7.000% from 6.9167%

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MotU posted:

If you click the Probabilities on the Extract screen and scroll down it tells you.

000 becomes 0.2500% from 0.2417%
00 becomes 0.7222% from 0.7111%
0 becomes 7.000% from 6.9167%

oh the 3* odds actually go up? badass, that rules. im only missing one of the gacha EGOs (faust's) so i honestly might buy that with shards

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Endorph posted:

oh the 3* odds actually go up? badass, that rules. im only missing one of the gacha EGOs (faust's) so i honestly might buy that with shards

They're adding more EGOs so the rates will go back to the first set and honestly if you are not spending you may want to wait til either a Must Have for you releases that you can Shard, or close to the end of the Season and get things that are Useful/Cool To You

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Infinity Gaia posted:

I, on the other hand, am extremely glad to have a gacha without an endless tiny treadmill. I can play the game without it having to consume my life. The fact that there's not a single aspect of character growth that's random besides getting the characters in the first place is so nice, it's almost like a real game rather than a gacha.

I kind of wish there was something you could do to spruce up your faves.

That being said I might be completely unhinged, because I also enjoy planning out what order I'm going to upgrade my characters in.