Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My formal hoodie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

haveblue posted:

My formal hoodie

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
"Wouldn't it be funny if I pulled the trigger and killed us all?"

edit: was Reagan left handed?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

edit: was Reagan left handed?

Of course this exists

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rappaport posted:

Of course this exists

Five out of the last eight? :thunk: seems sinister.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Not all lefties do everything with their left hand. Also he might be left handed but right eye dominate which prompted him to learn to shoot right handed.

zoux posted:

Five out of the last eight? :thunk: seems sinister.

forcing left handed people to become right handed used to be much more common in the past

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/abrahamjoseph/status/1638904225349636097?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Postal inspector.

e: googled that just because and what the gently caress?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I would buy this if I was still a mailman.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Postal inspector.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCjG78McFxQ

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Postal inspector.

DO NOT do any crimes involving the USPS.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

cat botherer posted:

DO NOT do any crimes involving the USPS.

I think they only go after petty crime, like real cops. Massive crime involving the USPS is just fine.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Mail cops only good cops

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

jeebus bob posted:

Mail cops only good cops

:wrong:

There are no good cops.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

The United States Punisher Service

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from loving you up

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Garrand posted:

The United States Punisher Service

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from loving you up

He WILL get those shoes back.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

3D Megadoodoo posted:

He WILL get those shoes back.
:lol:

Jaxyon posted:

:wrong:

There are no good cops.
This dude is pretty cool imo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYlmWYv9LWU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

No.

Also Ram Charan's character in RRR is bad.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I think they only go after petty crime, like real cops. Massive crime involving the USPS is just fine.

The only time I've had a positive interaction with law enforcement is when Postal Inspectors called me to tell me that they'd intercepted a mail bomb targeting me, and shortly thereafter the worst members of my community stopped posting.

Postal Inspectors do NOT gently caress around.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

What the hell community was that

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Nah, it's the opposite. You basically never see the postal inspectors unless someone has hosed up bigtime. Mail bombs, drug trafficking via mail, and money laundering all fall under their prevue.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

owl_pellet posted:

What the hell community was that

A mod for Starcraft 2 called NOTD, which was in the top 10 most played mods in the Starcraft Arcade for several years. That wasn't even the first incident, either - prior to that I'd been mailed knives and syringes full of liquid.

All because I reduced the damage of the Engineer's X-1 robot by 5%. Gamers are often very rational and healthy people, you see.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

why the hell did you post your physical address to these people??

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

were they good quality knives?

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Kith posted:

A mod for Starcraft 2 called NOTD, which was in the top 10 most played mods in the Starcraft Arcade for several years. That wasn't even the first incident, either - prior to that I'd been mailed knives and syringes full of liquid.

All because I reduced the damage of the Engineer's X-1 robot by 5%. Gamers are often very rational and healthy people, you see.

Lol wow Starcraft 2 is serious

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Serious-ly lame

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

KoRMaK posted:

why the hell did you post your physical address to these people??

Didn't! Got doxxed. Not sure how, but all the same, I wasn't stupid enough to share personal information like that voluntarily.

KoRMaK posted:

were they good quality knives?

Dunno. Turned them over to the cops every time I got them.

Kith fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 24, 2023

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kith posted:

Jesus. Hope it stopped by now.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Jesus. Hope it stopped by now.

I never got anything else after I was questioned and I've moved several times since then anyways, so I'm good. Nowadays it's just a fun story about how Postal Inspectors absolutely don't gently caress around.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The engineer depended on that robot for damage and furthermore,

Yeah gamers are batshit crazy and there's definitely a dickwaving contest to outcrazy the rest.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kith posted:

I never got anything else after I was questioned and I've moved several times since then anyways, so I'm good. Nowadays it's just a fun story about how Postal Inspectors absolutely don't gently caress around.

Good to hear. I remember when I worked for USPS and they showed us a bunch of videos of things Postal Inspectors do and there was some crazy stuff you’d you’d expect more out of a SWAT team.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Kith posted:

Didn't! Got doxxed. Not sure how, but all the same, I wasn't stupid enough to share personal information like that voluntarily.

Dunno. Turned them over to the cops every time I got them.
drat sorry bud. unnerving, creepy as hell

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kith posted:

This is pretty crazy.
I imagine explaining this to normal people is interesting

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

KoRMaK posted:

drat sorry bud. unnerving, creepy as hell

It's fine! :) If nothing else it was a good lesson about online safety.

EoinCannon posted:

This is pretty crazy.
I imagine explaining this to normal people is interesting

I honestly love telling the story because I get excellent :stonk:s out of the audience every single time. My dad used to work with a guy who had this reputation for being an utterly-stone faced, unflappable badass and seeing his composure break was awesome.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Kith posted:

The only time I've had a positive interaction with law enforcement is when Postal Inspectors called me to tell me that they'd intercepted a mail bomb targeting me, and shortly thereafter the worst members of my community stopped posting.

Postal Inspectors do NOT gently caress around.
Every story I've heard about USPS inspectors has been like that.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Let's face it, if you're the sort of person who wants to go into law enforcement for the right reasons, that's a pretty tempting position. It's pretty much all dealing with actual, serious crimes, and much less of the bullshit.

I can see why they'd be exceptionally good at their job compared to most law enforcement organizations.

I don't know if we have a similar thing in Canada, but I do know that the railway has its own police force, for historical reasons, and they still exist today. I saw them yesterday.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Bobby Jindal Arc

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

ELDEN RING TEA PARTY DENIAL: "I HAVE NO RELATION TO THE FLAME OF FRENZY"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TallBart/status/1639304876042899456