Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Crazypoops posted:

She's Yellen but I ain't listening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

"The parents of 'Murica! :qq:"

Oh gently caress off. Your precious white kids aren't being brainwashed by the Yellow Peril because of pink sauce.

They're absolutely being brainwashed by exposure to Tik-Tok, just not in the way they're saying

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

euphronius posted:

she’s 76 god drat

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
if yellen was 36 we'd be putting government money behind crypto, lets be real

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

starting to think its a huge problem that the people who run this place are all 70+ years old and super wealthy, like 300 million folks without representation

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Wait don't those February revisions make up for the exceeded expectations elsewhere ? On that home sales tweet that is.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
It's only a financial crisis when rich people are affected, otherwise it's just sparkling class war.

And since all rich people schemes are backed by the government they'll never be affected.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

skooma512 posted:

Everytime I try to make bread the dough is very sticky, takes forever to clean up after, and never seems to form the correct structure no matter how much I work it.

I suspect it's because I need an entire day to do it correctly and I get maybe one of those a week.

Even use the hydration ratios that are easier to work with, but kneading it takes 15 minutes and the dough never changes and mostly just sticks to my hands and the boards and everything else

Sounds like you aren't kneeding it enough.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

agreed. also there is a path for me to become rich and famous from posting, and i would ideally like to take that path

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Crazypoops posted:

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

man the donuts at Dunkin have almost doubled in my recent memory. I also feel like I pay a different price for my coffee literally each time I stop by. still gonna drink that garbage

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
no you fool you'll trigger a coffee derail

in before aeropress

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

the easy way to curb inflation is a massive wealth tax and government injection into key areas for inflation, namely building housing

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Thx to this thread I just came home with Rhodes rise-n-bake bread; 3 loaves for $5 is a p. good deal.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

skooma512 posted:

Everytime I try to make bread the dough is very sticky, takes forever to clean up after, and never seems to form the correct structure no matter how much I work it.

I suspect it's because I need an entire day to do it correctly and I get maybe one of those a week.

Even use the hydration ratios that are easier to work with, but kneading it takes 15 minutes and the dough never changes and mostly just sticks to my hands and the boards and everything else

try it the opposite way - start with less water and push it together into a clump then stick your hands in a bowl full of water then knead with them then do it again then again and so forth until it’s all nice and *smooth* is the texture you’re looking for - should be much cleaner

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

skooma512 posted:

Have you tried adding a bit more flour to it? Like it seems like if it's "always" sticky when you try to make it then at some point you'd try and have a dough that's too try, then you just find the middle ground.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Jaxyon posted:

in before aeropress

I have an aeropress and a cheap hand grinder. It takes me a solid five minutes to grind my beans and make my coffee but I enjoy the little ritual.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Mean Baby posted:

the easy way to curb inflation is a massive wealth tax and government injection into key areas for inflation, namely building housing

Why would you blaspheme against number in this way, here in its temple?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/postblu62037535/status/1638998924903043087?t=KEeQP7y2q2_EzbvVRjKGCQ&s=19

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Nix Panicus posted:

I have an aeropress and a cheap hand grinder. It takes me a solid five minutes to grind my beans and make my coffee but I enjoy the little ritual.

im a huge sicko and run water through an empty keurig into a cup filled with instant cafe bustelo

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Jaxyon posted:

in before aeropress

it aint 2018

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Crazypoops posted:

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Interesting. This would be saying the "banking crisis" is self inflicted because rates aren't being passed on to depositors so depositors are pulling cash to chase better yields.
https://twitter.com/Kathleen_Tyson_/status/1638936614150840321?t=7y9dRAyivw4RqUw9b9tfOA&s=19

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Cuttlefush posted:

it aint 2018

ok what's the latest coffee hardware nerds want

prosumer level expresso machines?

Morbus
May 18, 2004

NeonPunk posted:

No outrage over it all? What? Lmao

Just because the news isn't talking about it doesn't mean that people aren't upset about it

outrage means the rage needs to come out

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Jaxyon posted:

caffeine pills

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

Here's the thing about baking: It's chemistry. If you're bad at chemistry, you're bad at baking.

This is what happened when I tried to make buttermilk biscuits a while back:

*me, helplessly flipping through the CRC handbook*

"Oohhhhh, this is why my cookies suck poo poo!"

Morbus
May 18, 2004

like my dude they were baking bread 3000 years before the most sophisticated idea about chemistry was "maybe wood is made of rocks and fire and if u drink mercury u live forever"

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Jaxyon posted:

I've gone back to a bialetti Venus and it was only like 45 bucks. Rules.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Justin Tyme posted:

im a huge sicko and run water through an empty keurig into a cup filled with instant cafe bustelo

my machine broke and while i was waffling about what kind of device i wanted to get, how much money to spend, blah blah, i read a comment somewhere where they talked about how their fancy maker just collects dust because all they drink is instant cafe bustelo.

now it's all i drink too. lmao

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Animal-Mother posted:

literally laughable

Technically true tho, it's because we're not going to solve the current one.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Vox Nihili posted:

They're absolutely being brainwashed by exposure to Tik-Tok, just not in the way they're saying

the brain-washing is fine; tik-tok won't sell the brain-washing machine and data it collects to american political factions like facebook/instagram and twitter so it must be destroyed

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

My wife came home last night with a tube of sausage from the grocery store by the train station and demanded I make biscuits and sausage gravy from scratch for dinner. It was pretty good. This is my biscuit story.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

silicone thrills posted:

it is! I've posted the recipe and how i do it in the food thread here in cspam before

is it this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_OkBy9REAI

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Nix Panicus posted:

My wife came home last night with a tube of sausage from the grocery store by the train station and demanded I make biscuits and sausage gravy from scratch for dinner. It was pretty good. This is my biscuit story.

Post the biscuit recipe, coward

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Crazypoops posted:

a true post

a poster's post

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

for the loving love of god people get a bialetti Moka Stovetop Espresso Maker and use cafe bustelo in that poo poo and you just get really good coffee really economically

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 01:38 on Mar 24, 2023

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Making dough does not require a special kitchen set up.

I make an aged pizza dough (sits in the fridge 48 hours) and it’s pretty good with limited ingredients but if you’re lazy Trader Joe’s has a decent pizza dough too. I do use a kitchen aid mixer for it but you don’t have to and you don’t need any other special equipment for it. I put the dough balls in ziploc bags vs plastic containers the recipe calls for.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Egg Moron posted:

for the loving love of god people get a bialetti Moka Stovetop Espresso Maker and use cafe bustello in that poo poo and you just get really good coffee really economically

i was gonna get one but i couldn't find it in cobalt blue like i wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morbus
May 18, 2004

nexous posted:

can you tell us what it is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSu_laq2Fl8&t=44s