Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

nexous posted:

I’m just doin meta reality tv where I judge those who judge reality tv. Gonna be a good season

Honestly? Hell yeah. This judgement is hosed up

and i'll continue to judge everyone on reality tv :coolfish:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Studio posted:

This is actually pretty light for reality TV judging. It's not 90 day "bet which guy will abuse his wife" fiance

Summer House has a group of women who the fans have started to call the bedsore bullies, because they bully the rest of the cast while laying in bed all day everyday.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Honestly Carson really gave me a dbag impression by trying to sell merchandise before the season even started, so I am in agreement. But I also put him and the couple on my fantasy team because that implies they’ll be on there long enough to be memorable and score points

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Carson seems like a nerd and also a bit to a tool and these are hardly mutually exclusive because being socially awkward or having niche interests doesn’t make you a good person.

I definitely feel like he’s gonna be the big heel turn on the season when he gets himself all worked up to make some cutthroat play against someone who trusts him entirely. He’ll destroy the dork couple or Caroline/Jam Jam and the survivors will have to ally to defeat his evil.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

nexous posted:

Lol some weird posts judging someone you’ve seen on tv for an hour.

4 hours*, but scroll through his instagram, which is the same one he had before tv.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

nexous posted:

Honestly Carson really gave me a dbag impression by trying to sell merchandise before the season even started, so I am in agreement. But I also put him and the couple on my fantasy team because that implies they’ll be on there long enough to be memorable and score points

His merch store now says "under construction" and has nothing on it beyond links to all of his socials. No idea when he took it down.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Watching on a plane so I get cool East Coast Viewing Time. Carolyn is owning

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Studio posted:

Watching on a plane so I get cool East Coast Viewing Time. Carolyn is owning

Shoutout to Carolyn’s boobs

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Stupid dvr didn’t record the episode!!!!

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Lying about your job is the most unnecessary self own lmao

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Manta Ray puzzle big

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

I was hoping to see that idol get played too.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I love Carolyn so much. She's perfect for TV. Even if she doesn't win the game, I hope producers manipulated votes to keep her around until the final 5.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Carolyns great tv

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Studio posted:

Lying about your job is the most unnecessary self own lmao

It's so dumb. The only people who ever had a reason to do that were the athletes who were either on older season (Gary Hawkins, landscaper) or were very well known/paid/both (John Rocker, Jeff Kent). Even then, it never helped.

NFL guys don't even have guaranteed contracts the way MLB players do, so if they get cut they don't get. They're not all these hyper-rich guys.

Anyway good job to Survivor for showing us the most obvious outcome of a one-person tribe swap. At least we were saved the awkwardness of Sarah playing a fake idol and feeling extra embarrassed on the way out.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHLicE9hG1Y

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

6 immunity idols is too many immunity idols

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

SteveVizsla posted:

Yes. Jeff needs to stop promising that the new era is back to basics. He's a liar!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

SteveVizsla posted:

It's been too long since one of us suggested a season where every player starts with an idol and no other advantages exist.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

It's been too long since one of us suggested a season where every player starts with an idol and no other advantages exist.

There needs to be 1-2 or there needs to be one for everyone, no in between. Instead of shot in the dark, everyone gets an idol, but no one knows everyone has one. There's drama for one episode, people discovering they all have one. Then when to use them, more drama every episode.

Then just never have them ever again.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
I think they should give everyone more idols and also specifically Carolyn should get a super idol she can use infinite times

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Jeff "Oprah" Probst. "You get an Idol, you get an Idol!"

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Spokes posted:

I think they should give everyone more idols and also specifically Carolyn should get a super idol she can use infinite times

This x1000

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm getting my poo poo rocked in the tribal council league this season. Probably because Carolyn would be my worst nightmare as a tribe mate. She’s so unpredictably chaotic and good at it too. She’s somehow running circles around these people.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Shneak posted:

I'm getting my poo poo rocked in the tribal council league this season. Probably because Carolyn would be my worst nightmare as a tribe mate. She’s so unpredictably chaotic and good at it too. She’s somehow running circles around these people.

They underestimate her so they don't even consider her a threat, and the entire time she's like, you really can't see that it's me all along? I love it

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

how dare you crop me out of that screencap!

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Pretty impressive with half your bench out of the game

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

nexous posted:

Pretty impressive with half your bench out of the game

All The Pieces Matter

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Chaos Kass wishes she was Carolyn. Lady rules and I’m ashamed to admit I had also written her off as a ditz early on

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
This season is definitely starting to wear down on me a little. I think it's this season that's hitting New Era Fatigue for me which is a shame because there are some really fun people (Danny, Carolyn, etc.) but the sheer number of magic sticks and advantages is just getting silly.

Someone pointed out that it's the fourth tribal council and yet the first one where everyone voted.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

I was feeling pretty good about this season until that summit. The Birdcage twist works, and 'Swap Screwed with an idol' could maybe work, but not on the same goddamn pre-merge.

Also Lol that both times this season they've tried to vote off a guy he idoled out a woman instead.

On the other hand I like this cast way more than I was expecting pre-season.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I think this cast could have been brains vs brawn vs beauty 3 with some mild rearranging

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I have hated Carolyn since episode 1 and didn't see what you all crazies saw in her. I was wrong Carolyn owns

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I didn't like her either, like to me someone shrieking and flailing constantly who's also unable to control the pitch of their voice is not inherently "good TV," so not only didn't I like her to start with, I also was going full Zoolander Mugatu over everyone fawning over her. Listened to her preseason interview ahead of time and it was more of the same, just grating and bad to me. These last few episodes, though, she's proved she's more than just a goofball and that's nice. One more quibble since I'm already fessing up to being a grump, but her throwing the fake idol out there to just disappear on her was bad and so pointless, even if those X sticks obviously really tickled the producers and some fans.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I would have liked to see at least one of the fake idol holders deciding to hold on to the fake idol and replant it at a later time when they see strategic value to it. I agree that Carolyn just throwing it to the wind like that was probably not the best move.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Fast Luck posted:

I didn't like her either, like to me someone shrieking and flailing constantly who's also unable to control the pitch of their voice is not inherently "good TV," so not only didn't I like her to start with, I also was going full Zoolander Mugatu over everyone fawning over her. Listened to her preseason interview ahead of time and it was more of the same, just grating and bad to me. These last few episodes, though, she's proved she's more than just a goofball and that's nice. One more quibble since I'm already fessing up to being a grump, but her throwing the fake idol out there to just disappear on her was bad and so pointless, even if those X sticks obviously really tickled the producers and some fans.

In Sarah's exit interview with EW, she was saying that everybody knew that Carolyn was the biggest fan out there and she told them she plays in the online groups, but because of her personality, nobody saw her as a threat.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

ApplesandOranges posted:

This season is definitely starting to wear down on me a little. I think it's this season that's hitting New Era Fatigue for me which is a shame because there are some really fun people (Danny, Carolyn, etc.) but the sheer number of magic sticks and advantages is just getting silly.

Someone pointed out that it's the fourth tribal council and yet the first one where everyone voted.

The 3 free idols is what gets me. I mean sure, you're forced into a tribe swap, but you're immune if you don't get greedy.

I feel like we're getting the season where everybody gets an idol to start with before Season 50.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I played in an online Survivor game that gave everybody an idol at the beginning. It was terrible, hth.

So of course CBS is doing it soon.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Oh noooooo the New Era sucks!

The worst, dumbest swap since China

mp5 fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the survivors walk out to a challenge beach, and there's no obstacle course set up beside a circle of coloured plastic chairs facing outward with a boombox on a fold-out table "everyone, drop your buffs"