Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ArfJason posted:

[doing high pitched voice out the corner of my mouth] FAAAGGOT [looks back and forth] WHO SAID THAT???

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol christ alive

Autisanal Cheese posted:

this is absolutely one of the worst parts lol, how do you allow Mr. Get-On-A-Train-to Birkenau a moral victory

but absolutely this

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Autisanal Cheese posted:

this is absolutely one of the worst parts lol, how do you allow Mr. Get-On-A-Train-to Birkenau a moral victory

yep

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Lmao

Autisanal Cheese posted:

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Babe Magnet posted:

you bring shame and dishonor to the mean girl avatar havers.

shaking my head solemnly as i cover my shame by uploading the only 150*150 image i have on my computer: a skin texture from morrowind

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Maybe I do have a moral aversion to making money because here goes. You could have continued doing this forever if you weren't trying to pin the blame on another user. I read your posts in the GBS thread and thought to myself "drat - who would be dumb enough to buy that avatar in response to those posts?" It seemed to good to be true from your perspective, and well, it was. Why the gently caress would you buy this avatar for yourself? I know you are aware of the ongoing discussion about avatar traceability. The part that has gone unsaid is that I can look up when someone buys an avatar for themselves, and that's what you did here. You log in to the forums to do so and they are associated with your account.

link here:https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4027239&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post530681135

I guess I can see why you said this:

I wish I could say this is the first time you've done this, but it's not. You seem to have used the avatar system to direct death threats at yourself and tell yourself to kill yourself repeatedly and even said that you, yourself should "join the 41%". Why? Why the gently caress would you do that? Mirror universe Koala's March where she sockpuppets negative attention at herself instead isn't any more fun. I maybe get it a little bit up until the point where you start blaming other people for them and manipulatively pretending you don't know what they're referring to.

So yeah, I am averse to making money if it's from someone buying hateful avatars for themselves and trying to pin it on other people.

fake edit: lmfao I swear on my forums life I'm not responsible for that KM avatar - it wasn't there when I started typing this post. Someone else must have puzzled it out.
holy loving poo poo

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

incredible that someone got outed for buying false flag bigoted avs for themselves before anyone who has ever bought a genuine one for someone else

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

fun hater posted:

shaking my head solemnly as i cover my shame by uploading the only 150*150 image i have on my computer: a skin texture from morrowind

this you? :grin:

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Amazingly a drama elemental is someone who tries to cause drama and get attention for themselves!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

No ring :imunfunny:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Switch the R and G and you'd be flaming me but also right

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Amazingly a drama elemental is someone who tries to cause drama and get attention for themselves!

main character kramering into a thread, elementally, and y'alling avatars all over the place

e:

Jonah Galtberg posted:

incredible that someone got outed for buying false flag bigoted avs for themselves before anyone who has ever bought a genuine one for someone else

yeah this ain't great

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i get it

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Makes sense since self-boughts only cost $5

fun hater
May 24, 2009

you should step down and take a long break, this is livejournal behavior

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I just had a chat with spr, unfortunately she's in a pretty bad place irl which led to the recent avatar purchase, and she's stepping away from the forums for a while.

I know emotions are high, but please do not throw vitriol her way as I believe she's going through a lot as at the moment (and not from the avatar thing and getting caught).

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

fun hater posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
im not going to throw vitriol her way but im going to keep loling like tim the toolman taylor out of confusion

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

some plague rats posted:

I said someone else bought me an av dude. Its immensely loving gay and an unbelievably embarrassing way to act out but come on can you not just lol like everyone else
itd be one thing if youd just kept it at insults but the self-transphobia thing is disguting cause it A) exposes other users to transphobia and B) puts future accusations of transphobia in a shameful light

ive gone through it sometimes too so im sympathetic but theres a difference between sympathetic and excusing the behavior. sorry to ruin the lols by caring but as someone whos had stuff like that actually bought for me, gently caress you. and in a more sympathetic light, you really need to take a long break.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

lmao. thats hosed up spr

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

fun hater posted:

Endorph posted:

itd be one thing if youd just kept it at insults but the self-transphobia thing is disguting cause it A) exposes other users to transphobia and B) puts future accusations of transphobia in a shameful light

ive gone through it sometimes too so im sympathetic but theres a difference between sympathetic and excusing the behavior. sorry to ruin the lols by caring but as someone whos had stuff like that actually bought for me, gently caress you. and in a more sympathetic light, you really need to take a long break.

these. it cant slide. glad she perceives the need for an immediate extended break, hope the irl stuff is non catastrophic

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh shes taking a long break so, mission complete ig. sorry that post came in as i was typing

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I just had a chat with spr, unfortunately she's in a pretty bad place irl which led to the recent avatar purchase, and she's stepping away from the forums for a while.

I know emotions are high, but please do not throw vitriol her way as I believe she's going through a lot as at the moment (and not from the avatar thing and getting caught).

its extra important to show sensitivity to people who couldnt show it to anyone else

fun hater
May 24, 2009

lieutenant jeff talking about mrs jeffrey of yospos but the more he talks, the clearer it becomes that hes describing a 1998 ibm

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

blamegame posted:

its extra important to show sensitivity to people who couldnt show it to anyone else

how much sensitivity should spr have shown to this dude?

Rust Martialis posted:

It's a shame you didn't get to Birkenau sooner, really.

Mid-1944, by train, preferably.

everyone agrees that what she did was wrong but I promise you that nobody is crying any tears for his sake

e:

lol

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

lol gently caress i love crusader kings

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

now give roger a muirebe great big tits

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

ArfJason posted:

[doing high pitched voice out the corner of my mouth] FAAAGGOT [looks back and forth] WHO SAID THAT???

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

im not going to throw vitriol her way but im going to keep loling like tim the toolman taylor out of confusion

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Jonah Galtberg posted:

everyone agrees that what she did was wrong but I promise you that nobody is crying any tears for his sake

e:

lol

No one is talking about sensitivity for his sake.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Thread is going to be fire when the east coast computer touchers get to work

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

This website.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Thats not nice to hear. This whole situation is a baffling thing to wake up to but hope she takes care of her rl poo poo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the sex ghost posted:

Thats not nice to hear. This whole situation is a baffling thing to wake up to but hope she takes care of her rl poo poo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
trying to play resident evil 4 here and all this poo poo happens to distract me from it??? hosed up

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, I hope SPR is okay IRL and can take some time to take care of herself, but... dang

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Jonah Galtberg posted:

i wasn't being ironic or joking, i meant it.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

blamegame posted:

i wasn't being ironic or joking, i meant it.

fair enough

Vicks
Aug 13, 2014

There's nothing you could put in the mod queue that would be more of a punishment than what she did to herself. My stomach still hurts from laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
makes me think of this classic dwarf fortress moment