Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lmao at the last several pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Goldmine this thread, appoint a new ik that is less likely to buy themselves an av, open a new sagas thread with an active op to catalogue the good poo poo imo

Still lollin

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Maybe I do have a moral aversion to making money because here goes. You could have continued doing this forever if you weren't trying to pin the blame on another user. I read your posts in the GBS thread and thought to myself "drat - who would be dumb enough to buy that avatar in response to those posts?" It seemed to good to be true from your perspective, and well, it was. Why the gently caress would you buy this avatar for yourself? I know you are aware of the ongoing discussion about avatar traceability. The part that has gone unsaid is that I can look up when someone buys an avatar for themselves, and that's what you did here. You log in to the forums to do so and they are associated with your account.

link here:https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4027239&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post530681135

I guess I can see why you said this:

I wish I could say this is the first time you've done this, but it's not. You seem to have used the avatar system to direct death threats at yourself and tell yourself to kill yourself repeatedly and even said that you, yourself should "join the 41%". Why? Why the gently caress would you do that? Mirror universe Koala's March where she sockpuppets negative attention at herself instead isn't any more fun. I maybe get it a little bit up until the point where you start blaming other people for them and manipulatively pretending you don't know what they're referring to.

So yeah, I am averse to making money if it's from someone buying hateful avatars for themselves and trying to pin it on other people.

fake edit: lmfao I swear on my forums life I'm not responsible for that KM avatar - it wasn't there when I started typing this post. Someone else must have puzzled it out.

:magical:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
SPR should be banned solely for giving Jeff an easy win when the things like synthy and Larry being freed should be a top priority and now this will let him coast for the next few months. Thanks SPR!

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

thank you sagas thread for making my morning commute very entertaining, was trying not to laugh in public.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

That Little Demon posted:

SPR should be banned solely for giving Jeff an easy win when the things like synthy and Larry being freed should be a top priority and now this will let him coast for the next few months. Thanks SPR!

before we delve into the larger meta consequences of this we should all share a laugh because it’s very funny

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

seems like nobody actually thought(or could, outside of astral and jeff) to check if she was buying them for herself until jeffrey did. and there you go

It's such a hosed up and weird thing to do, I would never even have considered it. But then again, we are on the chihuahua skull smasher/charity scammer/healthcare fund scammer forum

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

HopperUK posted:

A lot of folk weren't awake for it, give the admin team a day to work out what to do.

you know the world has really gone topsy-turvy when jeffrey is the one who's awake

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
love the post-lowtax arc

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

UCS Hellmaker posted:

I sometimes wish radium would appear and post stories to really give an inside look at the whole hosed up decisions he made

that and tell his side of basically ghosting the gently caress out of lowtax for years at a time while collecting a paycheck to literally ignore him and demand to only be contacted by email, then aim, then some obsucre method all to avoid talking to him

He would talk to Lowtax. The trick was that he would never actually answer Lowtax on anything resembling a date something would be finished, Lowtax had no idea how to code, and he didn't want to trust anyone else with it. iirc logs of Lowtax and radium went like this (and I'm going entirely off memory/paraphrasing):

quote:

lowtax: hey bud
radium:
lowtax: have you worked on the feature i wanted where the forums dont crash if someone clicks on a dog at the top
radium: i made it so if you remove the slur the code crashes
lowtax: thats great can i get an eta on the dog crash
radium: no
radium: i made the cats crash too but i'm fixing it by september. not sure which
lowtax: thank you radium have a good easter
radium: no

also the people coming in to try to snipe at spr over past stuff not succeeding makes me happy. not because spr deserves defense, but because the incredibly weak little slaps still aren't being humored. they're like morrowind characters with empty fatigue bars trying to bunnyhop in and pass hard checks

MS Paint posted:

because just like km she has a cadre of dipshits she whips into a frenzy

ooohhhhh noooo ive gotten a bad av im so sad lets go demod kit

folks get pied pipered constantly on this site lol lmao

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oh my loving God lmao at everything this morning.

fun hater posted:

lieutenant jeff talking about mrs jeffrey of yospos but the more he talks, the clearer it becomes that hes describing a 1998 ibm

Especially this.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
This place rules

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

Oh drat didn't know Jeff made a post about you too, link that poo poo

ahahaha

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

He would talk to Lowtax. The trick was that he would never actually answer Lowtax on anything resembling a date something would be finished, Lowtax had no idea how to code, and he didn't want to trust anyone else with it. iirc logs of Lowtax and radium went like this (and I'm going entirely off memory/paraphrasing):

also the people coming in to try to snipe at spr over past stuff not succeeding makes me happy. not because spr deserves defense, but because the incredibly weak little slaps still aren't being humored. they're like morrowind characters with empty fatigue bars trying to bunnyhop in and pass hard checks

Handwich

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Maybe I do have a moral aversion to making money because here goes. You could have continued doing this forever if you weren't trying to pin the blame on another user. I read your posts in the GBS thread and thought to myself "drat - who would be dumb enough to buy that avatar in response to those posts?" It seemed to good to be true from your perspective, and well, it was. Why the gently caress would you buy this avatar for yourself? I know you are aware of the ongoing discussion about avatar traceability. The part that has gone unsaid is that I can look up when someone buys an avatar for themselves, and that's what you did here. You log in to the forums to do so and they are associated with your account.

link here:https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4027239&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post530681135

I wish I could say this is the first time you've done this, but it's not. You seem to have used the avatar system to direct death threats at yourself and tell yourself to kill yourself repeatedly and even said that you, yourself should "join the 41%". Why? Why the gently caress would you do that? Mirror universe Koala's March where she sockpuppets negative attention at herself instead isn't any more fun. I maybe get it a little bit up until the point where you start blaming other people for them and manipulatively pretending you don't know what they're referring to.

So yeah, I am averse to making money if it's from someone buying hateful avatars for themselves and trying to pin it on other people.

fake edit: lmfao I swear on my forums life I'm not responsible for that KM avatar - it wasn't there when I started typing this post. Someone else must have puzzled it out.

lmfao

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Doctor Goat posted:

I really need to deep dive and find the chooch hiring thread, lowtax posted about it in there and it still was amazing how blatent it was that radium didnt give a gently caress

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Good morning sagas thread that's a lot of posts what did I miss?

Holy loving poo poo lmao

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

happy friday everyone

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

:stare:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Is spr fishmech?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
no but fishmech should be unleashed

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Good posters and bad posters together, forums grudges cast aside joining hands in one golden shining moment brought together by how incredibly funny this is.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Mr Teatime posted:

forums grudges cast aside

lol are you sure

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

lmfao

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

I want to believe, this could be our Christmas on the western front.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
i really want to know who bought her the km avatar. thats the real forums columbo.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

she's been doing this for years? am i reading this right? jfc lol

it's pretty amazing.

Mr Teatime posted:

Good posters and bad posters together, forums grudges cast aside joining hands in one golden shining moment brought together by how incredibly funny this is.

whichever side of the sa divide you might be on, you have to admit this is one of the all-time great obliterations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I'd have been fine with just a ban if she was buying AVs and not blaming anyone else. But trying to dump someone else in the poo poo (regardless of what you think of them as a poster) is loving scummy.

There's also no way she would have copped to it if she hadn't been caught.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Sisal Two-Step posted:

i really want to know who bought her the km avatar. thats the real forums columbo.

gonna lol if she did it herself

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Mr Teatime posted:

Establish a permanent major posting crimes investigative unit that will deliver more content

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Lima posted:

*sad ka-ching noises*

John Lewis Christmas advert acoustic cover of Harry Enfield's Loadsamoney

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Mr Teatime posted:

I want to believe, this could be our Christmas on the western front.

this was more like a war crime escalation than a truce

Sisal Two-Step posted:

seriously. step forward, susser outer

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Just read her recent posts about the avatar and have decided that she either gets banned or nobody ever for a second let’s her forget about it. Smug rear end….

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

drat all we need now is some third party to explosively self immolate over nothing and this really will be an inaugural saga for the new thread

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

real wire season 5 vibes today.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I carry no forums grudges. Because 95% of the time I have no posting object permanence.

5% of the time something lodges in my idiot brain that makes me LOL.

This is gonna take up a LOT of that 5% now.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Psycho Landlord posted:

drat all we need now is some third party to explosively self immolate over nothing and this really will be an inaugural saga for the new thread

someone is typiung a 5000 word defense of spr right noiw, standby.......

Beatwad
Jun 18, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWMx3eBmXc4

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

UCS Hellmaker posted:

I sometimes wish radium would appear and post stories to really give an inside look at the whole hosed up decisions he made

that and tell his side of basically ghosting the gently caress out of lowtax for years at a time while collecting a paycheck to literally ignore him and demand to only be contacted by email, then aim, then some obsucre method all to avoid talking to him

I would love to hear the tale of how the code became the way it is, because that is one of the unsolvable mysteries of our age, and any elaboration on the matter could only serve to deepen the mystery.

Not sure "why would someone ghost lowtax" is much of a puzzle, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Psycho Landlord posted:

it’s true, would anyone like to confess to some weird crimes for no reason