Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Just going to say that I suggested SPR shouldn't have buttons ages ago. I can empathise with personal struggles, but like with anyone else, if you struggle so much you can't post normally here, you most likely shouldn't post at all. Forums fuckery that involves directly and wrongly accusing someone of transphobia that you yourself did on yourself should result in a prolonged break from forums for everyone's good.

But also, the biggest lmao of the forums-related nature this year, right here, thanks to the thread that admins wanted to take from us. The irony!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Maybe I do have a moral aversion to making money because here goes. You could have continued doing this forever if you weren't trying to pin the blame on another user. I read your posts in the GBS thread and thought to myself "drat - who would be dumb enough to buy that avatar in response to those posts?" It seemed to good to be true from your perspective, and well, it was. Why the gently caress would you buy this avatar for yourself? I know you are aware of the ongoing discussion about avatar traceability. The part that has gone unsaid is that I can look up when someone buys an avatar for themselves, and that's what you did here. You log in to the forums to do so and they are associated with your account.

link here:https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4027239&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post530681135

I guess I can see why you said this:

I wish I could say this is the first time you've done this, but it's not. You seem to have used the avatar system to direct death threats at yourself and tell yourself to kill yourself repeatedly and even said that you, yourself should "join the 41%". Why? Why the gently caress would you do that? Mirror universe Koala's March where she sockpuppets negative attention at herself instead isn't any more fun. I maybe get it a little bit up until the point where you start blaming other people for them and manipulatively pretending you don't know what they're referring to.

So yeah, I am averse to making money if it's from someone buying hateful avatars for themselves and trying to pin it on other people.

fake edit: lmfao I swear on my forums life I'm not responsible for that KM avatar - it wasn't there when I started typing this post. Someone else must have puzzled it out.

Jesus Christ lmao

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

watching stux lol at the thread in real time, and remembering when i was lolling at the same things 2 hours ago. ftw

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm attending a conference today and I'm going to look like an idiot giggling about something I can't for the life of me explain. That's as opposed to any of the normal reasons I look like an idiot.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
Like I think I’m the only person who has ever said anything good about KM ever, but well, she saved me from horrible starvation so I’ll tally her her one good deed.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

watching stux lol at the thread in real time, and remembering when i was lolling at the same things 2 hours ago. ftw

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

That Little Demon posted:

SPR should be banned solely for giving Jeff an easy win when the things like synthy and Larry being freed should be a top priority and now this will let him coast for the next few months. Thanks SPR!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

e:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

jeffrey angrily throwing his blanket off and stomping out of bed as a cover of no chance in hell plays in the background before falling right into another bed

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Mar 24, 2023

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What the gently caress

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Kchama posted:

Like I think I’m the only person who has ever said anything good about KM ever, but well, she saved me from horrible starvation so I’ll tally her her one good deed.

Were you a vendor at Wakanda-con? I kid, poverty is awful, I hope you're in a better situation now

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Marcade posted:

Were you a vendor at Wakanda-con? I kid, poverty is awful, I hope you're in a better situation now

I was the least popular vendor, and she took pity on me.

Jokes aside, that was years ago, I’m in a much better situation.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Well ain't that some poo poo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

I just remember an admin telling me about a time they looked into a slapfight in dnd and discovered it was two fishmech accounts arguing at each other

lol

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Red texting yourself is something. But false flag transphobic violent threats? Making it look like someone is telling you to kill yourself? Come on... It's always such a fight against people who genuinely do that to other human beings and you're loving faking it?

I hope your voluntary break from the forums is helpful for you, SPR. I highly encourage you take all the time you need for yourself.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

To Whomsoever Just Purchased Me Many Wicker Chairs and Lined My Home With Fireplaces:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
wow.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Zesty posted:

Red texting yourself is something. But false flag transphobic violent threats? Making it look like someone is telling you to kill yourself? Come on... It's always such a fight against people who genuinely do that to other human beings and you're loving faking it?

I hope your voluntary break from the forums is helpful for you, SPR. I highly encourage you take all the time you need for yourself.

I'd encourage them to never return to a place where they did that to themselves multiple times over the course of years, because obviously it is not a healthy environment for them; especially considering how aggro they were about everything.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Kchama posted:

She actually did help me when I was in real trouble (gave me money for food when I was homeless), so even though was she did was really embarrassing, I have trouble hating her.

i don't think i really hate any of the posters here, but there are a bunch i wish were more normal, pleasant people to deal with. KM went down during my forums exile, so i have none of the trauma associated with her and all of the "i can't believe people fell for this, lol".

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

UCS Hellmaker posted:

literally yes, it just is spending the extra five dollars, especially because I dont think IP addresses are verified at all on that aspect (or maybe even documented in a way that matters for this)

paying the ten dollars and none of this might have been caught

the irony being that jeff likely was the only one that knew this existed

"Just one more thing... did you know that when you buy yourself an avatar, a receipt is connected to the account that purchased it? Now everyone knows that redtexting another user is anonymous. You can buy someone else an avatar and no one would even know. But that costs money. A whole :fivecbux: more than buying one for yourself."

"Now a smart woman would spend the :10bux: and stay completely anonymous. But you're a frugal woman, not a smart woman."
_________________________________________________/

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
if anyone wants their own entry on SAclopedia created by a not-alt let me know

fair warning that the description will just be the word oval office :twisted:

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Kchama posted:

On the flips side when I was homeless she was using the same tmr help thread to get money to buy a laptop to do gamer poo poo on.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

hmm, lmao

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Heath posted:

How much of the weird drama on this site is completely drummed up by the people claiming to be victims of it. Like ballpark. 99%??

I think this is really why this behavior so hosed up. the next time someone gets a hateful redtext av, people will probably assume they did it to themselves because of this moment.

Kchama posted:

thank you for adding this detail

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Maybe I do have a moral aversion to making money because here goes. You could have continued doing this forever if you weren't trying to pin the blame on another user. I read your posts in the GBS thread and thought to myself "drat - who would be dumb enough to buy that avatar in response to those posts?" It seemed to good to be true from your perspective, and well, it was. Why the gently caress would you buy this avatar for yourself? I know you are aware of the ongoing discussion about avatar traceability. The part that has gone unsaid is that I can look up when someone buys an avatar for themselves, and that's what you did here. You log in to the forums to do so and they are associated with your account.

link here:https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4027239&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post530681135

I guess I can see why you said this:

I wish I could say this is the first time you've done this, but it's not. You seem to have used the avatar system to direct death threats at yourself and tell yourself to kill yourself repeatedly and even said that you, yourself should "join the 41%". Why? Why the gently caress would you do that? Mirror universe Koala's March where she sockpuppets negative attention at herself instead isn't any more fun. I maybe get it a little bit up until the point where you start blaming other people for them and manipulatively pretending you don't know what they're referring to.

So yeah, I am averse to making money if it's from someone buying hateful avatars for themselves and trying to pin it on other people.

fake edit: lmfao I swear on my forums life I'm not responsible for that KM avatar - it wasn't there when I started typing this post. Someone else must have puzzled it out.

Lmao

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Fantastic.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Kchama posted:

I was the least popular vendor, and she took pity on me.

Jokes aside, that was years ago, I’m in a much better situation.

It's fine to remind people that even the worst posters are a land of contrasts, and I'm glad you're in a better place.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Fluffdaddy posted:

On the flips side when I was homeless she was using the same tmr help thread to get money to buy a laptop to do gamer poo poo on.

I did say it was her one good deed.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Fluffdaddy posted:

jfc

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It's fine to remind people that even the worst posters are a land of contrasts, and I'm glad you're in a better place.

but also

Fluffdaddy posted:

lol. KM was a bit different than spr losing they drat mind and false flagging themselves.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Kchama posted:

I did say it was her one good deed.

Look I thought she was my friend for years and then when the troubles went down I was blown away at how she quickly turned it into a war while lying to me privately. Absolutely insane behavior.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

That DICK! posted:

To Whomsoever Just Purchased Me Many Wicker Chairs and Lined My Home With Fireplaces:

Lumbermouth posted:

"Just one more thing... did you know that when you buy yourself an avatar, a receipt is connected to the account that purchased it? Now everyone knows that redtexting another user is anonymous. You can buy someone else an avatar and no one would even know. But that costs money. A whole :fivecbux: more than buying one for yourself."

"Now a smart woman would spend the :10bux: and stay completely anonymous. But you're a frugal woman, not a smart woman."
_________________________________________________/

lmao, at these and the whole situation in general

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

the true crime here is giving some of the worst posters on the site a chance to gloat

Got here as quick as I could

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Fluffdaddy posted:

Look I thought she was my friend for years and then when the troubles went down I was blown away at how she quickly turned it into a war while lying to me privately. Absolutely insane behavior.

Yeah I’m not gonna say she doesn’t deserve the shittalking she gets, she does, no argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

some plague koalas