Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

LGD posted:

iirc you only get a several hundred more credits over the free version, but something like 900 gold (which is something like $13 if you were buying it directly) and in total works out to like $15 in gold/credit value even if you entirely discount the cosmetics/boosters + card for any given month

my understanding is that if you're at all inclined to spend money on the game (for, say, Token Tuesday purposes) and play it enough to hit level 50 it'll basically always be a reasonable buy

Ooh yea that 500 gold chunk at the end is a biggie, I was more focused on credits.

drat maybe I should just get the BP even though I don't care about Nimrod, lol (Even though I'm almost done it already, get all the goodies after the fact)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

First reserve and I get a Rhino avatar :unsmigghh:

Quetzadilla posted:

Are the season pass caches the same as CL caches and if so how do the economics on extra 5 bucks of the premium pass compare to 10 extra caches?

I wouldn't be able to crunch the math on this but as a f2p I earned a bunch of gold last season once I had gotten past 50 in the battlepass.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

One thing I'm curious about, do Variants in bundles ever return/get added to the variant pool later on?

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Rough day of ladder today, down from 96.1 to 94.2. Just couldn't seem to win to save my life.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Pixeltendo posted:

One thing I'm curious about, do Variants in bundles ever return/get added to the variant pool later on?

No

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Kooriken posted:

Rough day of ladder today, down from 96.1 to 94.2. Just couldn't seem to win to save my life.

Same. I was hovering around 87/88 for awhile, pushed to within 4 cubes of hitting 90, but am now back down to a few cubes above 88.

When I switched to Patriot Ultron I started stringing together wins and easily finishing the win a lane with 4 cards mission, but then the brakes were put on and other decks also just not doing it. Probably mostly just not drawing the right cards but also took a rough 8 cube loss as I was thinking about order of play to protect against the changed Aero. If I had swapped my order of the last two cards I would have had the win.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I wasn't having a lot of fun having just broken into pool 3 this week, but then I opened Deadpool and Death and man that is a fun deck! Also I got Aero as my free Pool 3 card a few days ago and she's really spiced up a few of my Pool 2 decks.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

Negative is my favorite deck and most played by a lot.

Crystal is a dead card now. She was playable with Zabu on 3 into Neg + Crystal on 4, but not anymore. You want to ramp into Neg on 3 with Zabu or Psylocke on 2. Ironman + Mystique are your big combo, but Ironheart and Zola are huge plays as well, especially with a Wong down for the Ironheart first. You can fire off +40 power or more if things line up. Jane is a filler slot and mostly Win More card because she's going to be in your hand more often than not, so feel free to swap her with another (Bast is ideal, don't have her yet myself). You can hard drop Negative on 4 and still win thanks to White Tiger/Black Panther -> Zola combo, so don't be afraid to play nothing on the first 3 turns. It's a wildly explosive deck that catches a lot of people off guard. Jubilee is the backup plan if you don't draw Negative. Get something out on 4 with her, then hope for Wong/Tiger or Panther, etc.

Here's what I run currently:

# (2) Psylocke
# (2) Zabu
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Mystique
# (4) Mister Negative
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Wong
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) White Tiger
# (5) Black Panther
# (5) Jane Foster Mighty Thor
# (6) Arnim Zola
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXJOZWdhdGl2ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbmhlYXJ0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJaYWJ1In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKYW5lRm9zdGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJcm9uTWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQc3lsb2NrZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSnViaWxlZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmxhY2tQYW50aGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0aXF1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV29uZyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJuaW1ab2xhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXaGl0ZVRpZ2VyIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.
How do you deal with bad draws, just retreat? I loved playing Mr Neg and really wanted the deck to work, but it is extremely draw dependent. Not only do you need to draw Mr Neg and a ramp card by turn 3, you also need to Not draw your nut cards before turn 4, basically the entire deck only works in very specific orders. The worst thing in the world is playing Mr Neg on 3 and then drawing a 5/8 Jane Foster followed by Zabu. It felt like the deck exploded into mad combos every 1/8 games but the rest were just trying to play the base cards with like a 0/3 ironheart on top, or retreat.

Would love to be able to tutor for Mr Neg, like a card that draws the lowest power card from your deck.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Bisse posted:

How do you deal with bad draws, just retreat? I loved playing Mr Neg and really wanted the deck to work, but it is extremely draw dependent.

No more than other decks honestly since you can drop Negative on 4 with nothing on the board and still win. That is usually 4+ big card drops on 5 and 6 that they didn’t see coming.. As I was kinda explained, the deck has multiple win combos regardless of Negative that just get better with him in the Wong/Panther/Tiger/Zola package. When I do get Negative off, it’s just off to the races combining the cheap stuff with whatever was in my hand at normal cost. It’s surprisingly consistent thanks to the good curve even without Negative and natural combos. And yeah Jane is not great but I haven’t really found a better card for her slot since the Zabu nerf made Crystal bad here. I’ve toyed with a Lockjaw idea but not really came to anything yet.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Dehumanized myself and faced to Shuri, and had a somewhat smooth ride up to 100 once I stopped swinging between 94-96.
Now for the true reward: being able to play horrible jank for the rest of the season without worrying.

e:

vvv This is the list I used. Chavez would be Polaris if I had her.

Odysseus S. Grant fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Mar 24, 2023

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
ugh

fine

Anyone able to share the Shuri deck du jour? I really want to try for that card back this season.

edit: ^^^ Thank you!

My Second Re-Reg fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Mar 24, 2023

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Wow that looks great, let me try that, I also like winning.

Ahaa, I don’t have Taskmaster or Red Skull.

DeathWave it is, then.

Hyped
Jan 28, 2004
Hit Infinite for the first time yesterday as a 100% F2P player. Anything to do after that point or just play casually until next season?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bottom Liner posted:

Crystal is a dead card now. She was playable with Zabu on 3 into Neg + Crystal on 4, but not anymore. You want to ramp into Neg on 3 with Zabu or Psylocke on 2. Ironman + Mystique are your big combo, but Ironheart and Zola are huge plays as well, especially with a Wong down for the Ironheart first. You can fire off +40 power or more if things line up. Jane is a filler slot and mostly Win More card because she's going to be in your hand more often than not, so feel free to swap her with another (Bast is ideal, don't have her yet myself). You can hard drop Negative on 4 and still win thanks to White Tiger/Black Panther -> Zola combo, so don't be afraid to play nothing on the first 3 turns. It's a wildly explosive deck that catches a lot of people off guard. Jubilee is the backup plan if you don't draw Negative. Get something out on 4 with her, then hope for Wong/Tiger or Panther, etc.

# (2) Psylocke
# (2) Zabu
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Mystique
# (4) Mister Negative
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Wong
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) White Tiger
# (5) Black Panther
# (6) Arnim Zola
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXJOZWdhdGl2ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbmhlYXJ0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJaYWJ1In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKYW5lRm9zdGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJcm9uTWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQc3lsb2NrZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSnViaWxlZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmxhY2tQYW50aGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0aXF1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV29uZyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJuaW1ab2xhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXaGl0ZVRpZ2VyIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Hey, thanks for this! Negative was my first purchase and my only real regret. I tried several negative lists but never got him to work. I have everything except Black Panther. I'm thinking Thor or Sera. Thoughts?

Also Stature is now pinned in my shop. Card looks like fun.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Quetzadilla posted:

Are the season pass caches the same as CL caches and if so how do the economics on extra 5 bucks of the premium pass compare to 10 extra caches?
No. Season pass caches are basically worthless. Do not spend money for them.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Haven't seen Negative in weeks. Inspired by thread, create a Negative deck.

Three Negatives in a row.

gently caress this noise.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I managed to get Negative Jane Thor on the second attempt. Tried three games but I had Wolfsbane in the first.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

CitizenKeen posted:

Haven't seen Negative in weeks. Inspired by thread, create a Negative deck.

Three Negatives in a row.

gently caress this noise.

I've never once seen sauron played in a deck but I just picked him up in a cache and I am 100% certain if I put him in a deck I will see a bunch of sauron decks all of a sudden

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Pixeltendo posted:

Never say never, but adding them to the variant pool wouldn't make much sense.

Returning in other bundles seems a teensy bit more likely but I wouldn't bet on it either. I would like it though, and it would be nice for people who start later to be able to buy older variants. I guess if you want something like this, your best bet would probably be to straight out ask for a specific variant/bundle on Twitter or their Discord. If they see there's demand for something they might consider it.

Personally, I already want something similar, in that the Dan Hipp Iron Man variant was an iOS thing at the launch. They said they would make it available later, I hope they actually will do that because I want all Dan Hipp variants.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

uXs posted:

Personally, I already want something similar, in that the Dan Hipp Iron Man variant was an iOS thing at the launch. They said they would make it available later, I hope they actually will do that because I want all Dan Hipp variants.

I’m very close to a Dan hipp deck and that’s really the only variant type I consider buying.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think Dan Hipp variants have improved a lot. I dont care for a lot of the launch ones but all of his new ones (carnage, venom, helicarrier, cosmo especially) look very good. I guess it's easier to make variants that really suit the game now that the game is actually released.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
I just had a 128 power human torch I didn't get to screencap because it got shang-chi'd after I moved it t6. God it feels nice playing bad decks again.

Still won the match, though.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
shang chi is a cowards card

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just unlocked Red Skull and Steampunk Yellowjacket! Now I finally have a use for Sauron.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
Earned what I needed to pick up Kang. Makes the game really unstable. Opponent snapped on T6, I dropped Kang, snapped, reset... and it disconnected me. And continued to dump me out every time I tried to reconnect, costing me an extra 3 cubes as I could not retreat.

Please give me your best Kang tips.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

psychopomp posted:

Earned what I needed to pick up Kang. Makes the game really unstable. Opponent snapped on T6, I dropped Kang, snapped, reset... and it disconnected me. And continued to dump me out every time I tried to reconnect, costing me an extra 3 cubes as I could not retreat.

Please give me your best Kang tips.

this has been my experience every time kang is used against me

i just immediately hard quit the app and reload to rejoin

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

I was primarily running a Dino deck that included Quinjet, Taskmaster, and She-Hulk. Between the nerfs and edging over $10 in google rewards credits, I bought the season pass on Wednesday and decided to try out a Nimrod deck. After a couple of iterations, what I currently have:

Nova
Carnage
Psylocke
Venom
Electro
Wave
Jubilee
Absorbing Man
Nimrod
Death
Zola
Destroyer

The general goal is 3: ramp, 4: Nimrod, 5: Destroy, 6: Destroy some more! The ideal play is something like Wave/Psylocke, Nimrod, Carnage on Nimrod's lane and Venom on a different lane, then Zola on Venom. That can spray a whole lot of power onto the board on turn 6. It's pretty reliant on drawing Nimrod by turn 4, but there's enough beef there and old Wave/Death to provide some other paths to a win. The three cards that see the least play/functionality are Nova (he almost never gets to boost Nimrod), Jubilee (she's basically a lottery ticket at getting Nimrod out if he's not in hand), and Absorbing Man (mostly a duplicate Venom). If I make any more changes, I might ditch some of those to get some cheap power to swing the deck more towards a Venom/Zola deck with some ramps and Nimrod.

Pros: I'm having fun playing it, I once threw out over 50 power on turn 6. Great counter to the combo I hate the most, Wong/Mystique/Gambit.
Cons: Bites it hard against Shuri decks that lead with Armor and Cosmo.

I was at 65 when I started with this deck...and I'm still at 65. It's not amazing due to it's inconsistency and inability to beat Shuri, but it's fun to play and it's a little easier to win 8 cubes than some of the other decks I've played.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I still have never seen Kang once

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Hobo Clown posted:

I still have never seen Kang once

when you do you'll say 'ah poo poo, really?'

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

when you do you'll say 'ah poo poo, really?'

Can he cancel retreats? Because that'd be funny

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

# (2) Psylocke
# (2) Zabu
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Mystique
# (4) Mister Negative
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Wong
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) White Tiger
# (5) Black Panther
# (6) Arnim Zola
#
#

I've been running this deck to great effect! I just did a match earlier where both lanes got a 300 power black panther on them thanks to The Peak shenanigans.

Currently I've got Blue Marvel replacing Jane foster as well

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
nothing makes a negative deck sadder than dumping a bunch of rocks into their deck with korg and rockslide (and abs man)

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Bottom Liner posted:

# (2) Psylocke
# (2) Zabu
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Mystique
# (4) Mister Negative
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Wong
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) White Tiger
# (5) Black Panther
# (6) Arnim Zola
#
#

I never played with Mr. Negative and have been hoping to try him but didn't feel like theory-crafting from zero foundation. Thanks for this!

edit: other ones I haven't used: Zabu, Jane Foster

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Been running into a lot of Galactus decks the past few days.
Wouldn't be so bad except they keep seeming to draw exactly what they need while my stuff is buried or in a different deck.

Like, yeah, one seamlessly played T5 Galactus T6 Knull is reasonable, but 5 in a row?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Wow. I feel like good Snap etiquette is to Snap on Ego. I try to encourage people to do so and I don't mind so much when they don't--but I just had a person wait until T6 to Snap and I feel like that's hosed up. idk

the_steve posted:

Been running into a lot of Galactus decks the past few days.
Wouldn't be so bad except they keep seeming to draw exactly what they need while my stuff is buried or in a different deck.

Like, yeah, one seamlessly played T5 Galactus T6 Knull is reasonable, but 5 in a row?

I posted recently regarding it, but for me Galactus was just goofy but when I got Knull I hit Infinite in a couple days (from mid-70s). I really can't see playing him without Knull.

Youremother posted:

I ran into a perfect Galactus into Death and Knull combo earlier and well, Shang-Chi is the most important card in the game

This is why I use Doc Oc. I often enough will pull Shang-Chi out earlier than they want it out. Otherwise, I'll play Aero on T6 if I feel they might have a Shang-Chi in their hand. I know that she got nerfed recently but it hasn't affected my deck negatively.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 24, 2023

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I ran into a perfect Galactus into Death and Knull combo earlier and well, Shang-Chi is the most important card in the game

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Youremother posted:

Sadly he didn't deign to be one of my draw cards in any of my games.

I did put Debrii back into my Patriot deck though for when I run it.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Jordan7hm posted:

I’m very close to a Dan hipp deck and that’s really the only variant type I consider buying.

I've been indiscriminately buying all Dan Hipp variants and I have 32 of them now (some were in reserves or season pass variants):

Adam Warlock
Attuma
Bast
Beast
Black Panther
Blue Marvel
Crystal
Drax
Giganto
Goose

Hawkeye
Hobgoblin
Killmonger
Korg
Lady Siff
Leech
Lockjaw
Luke Cage
Mantis
Medusa

Mysterio
Nakia
Nick Fury
Nimrod
Onslaught
Spectrum
The Collector
Vision
Wasp
Wave

Wong
Yondu

Still quite hard to make a reasonable deck.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The Sean posted:

Wow. I feel like good Snap etiquette is to Snap on Ego. I try to encourage people to do so and I don't mind so much when they don't--but I just had a person wait until T6 to Snap and I feel like that's hosed up. idk

I immediately snap on Ego, and it's the only time I will spam any emotes. If my opponent doesn't snap, I retreat the next turn. I'm not sticking around if they're not playing along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
double snapping ego and watching as he drops everything into deaths domain