Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

That DICK! posted:

To Whomsoever Just Purchased Me Many Wicker Chairs and Lined My Home With Fireplaces:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Maybe I do have a moral aversion to making money because here goes. You could have continued doing this forever if you weren't trying to pin the blame on another user. I read your posts in the GBS thread and thought to myself "drat - who would be dumb enough to buy that avatar in response to those posts?" It seemed to good to be true from your perspective, and well, it was. Why the gently caress would you buy this avatar for yourself? I know you are aware of the ongoing discussion about avatar traceability. The part that has gone unsaid is that I can look up when someone buys an avatar for themselves, and that's what you did here. You log in to the forums to do so and they are associated with your account.

link here:https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4027239&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post530681135

I guess I can see why you said this:

I wish I could say this is the first time you've done this, but it's not. You seem to have used the avatar system to direct death threats at yourself and tell yourself to kill yourself repeatedly and even said that you, yourself should "join the 41%". Why? Why the gently caress would you do that? Mirror universe Koala's March where she sockpuppets negative attention at herself instead isn't any more fun. I maybe get it a little bit up until the point where you start blaming other people for them and manipulatively pretending you don't know what they're referring to.

So yeah, I am averse to making money if it's from someone buying hateful avatars for themselves and trying to pin it on other people.

fake edit: lmfao I swear on my forums life I'm not responsible for that KM avatar - it wasn't there when I started typing this post. Someone else must have puzzled it out.
:five:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
strap in for Jeffrey's Wild Ride

Maybe I do have a moral aversion to making money because here goes. You could have continued doing this forever if you weren't trying to pin the blame on another user. I read your posts in the GBS thread and thought to myself "drat - who would be dumb enough to buy that avatar in response to those posts?" It seemed to good to be true from your perspective, and well, it was. Why the gently caress would you buy this avatar for yourself? I know you are aware of the ongoing discussion about avatar traceability. The part that has gone unsaid is that I can look up when someone buys an avatar for themselves, and that's what you did here. You log in to the forums to do so and they are associated with your account.

link here:https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4027239&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post530681135

I wish I could say this is the first time you've done this, but it's not. You seem to have used the avatar system to direct death threats at yourself and tell yourself to kill yourself repeatedly and even said that you, yourself should "join the 41%". Why? Why the gently caress would you do that? Mirror universe Koala's March where she sockpuppets negative attention at herself instead isn't any more fun. I maybe get it a little bit up until the point where you start blaming other people for them and manipulatively pretending you don't know what they're referring to.

So yeah, I am averse to making money if it's from someone buying hateful avatars for themselves and trying to pin it on other people.

fake edit: lmfao I swear on my forums life I'm not responsible for that KM avatar - it wasn't there when I started typing this post. Someone else must have puzzled it out.

some plague rats posted:

lol drat

yeah. I was in the grip of an absolute loving episode brought on by some personal poo poo this morning and was essentially just acting out, and I should have blanked it or bought a new one instead of continuing to bluff it when I started to come down. Same with the 41%, that was a real low point. Sorry all, I can be a real loving dickhead in exciting new ways when the mood takes me. I will now hear about this forever, go

ArfJason posted:

[doing high pitched voice out the corner of my mouth] FAAAGGOT [looks back and forth] WHO SAID THAT???

some plague rats posted:

I'm genuinely sorry I implied you were responsible for it, that was hosed up of me. I'm also genuinely sorry I gave you a win because you're still a piece of poo poo though for a whole bunch of other reasons and I stand by what I said about how you should have been banned.

Never bought an av for anyone else. And yeah I'm going to take a break because clearly I really need one

Captain Invictus posted:

makes me think of this classic dwarf fortress moment

Endorph posted:

i assume jeffrey meant 'repeatedly in the past few days' since shes gotten a bunch of avs in the past few days

sebmojo posted:

There's one from mid 2021.

Harrow posted:

What's making me lmfao the most about this is that it sounds like spr would've gotten away with it indefinitely if she'd just used this option in a private tab. poo poo maybe even not in a private tab, I imagine the "someone else's account" option doesn't track if you're logged in like the "my account" one does

Lumbermouth posted:

"Just one more thing... did you know that when you buy yourself an avatar, a receipt is connected to the account that purchased it? Now everyone knows that redtexting another user is anonymous. You can buy someone else an avatar and no one would even know. But that costs money. A whole :fivecbux: more than buying one for yourself."

"Now a smart woman would spend the :10bux: and stay completely anonymous. But you're a frugal woman, not a smart woman."
_________________________________________________/

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

some plague rats posted:

actual same. loving hell

LMAOOOOOOOOO

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

the u nholy trinity : km, slashie, and now... spr.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The sad part is that if someone wants to do the same again, they will know to pay 10 bucks and won't be as easily found out. It's a once in a lifetime lol.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

jesus loving christ, what the gently caress

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Best 10 dollars of my life

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Paladinus posted:

The sad part is that if someone wants to do the same again, they will know to pay 10 bucks and won't be as easily found out. It's a once in a lifetime lol.

i think you underestimate how dumb goons can be, friend.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:allears:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Paladinus posted:

Just going to say that I suggested SPR shouldn't have buttons ages ago. I can empathise with personal struggles, but like with anyone else, if you struggle so much you can't post normally here, you most likely shouldn't post at all. Forums fuckery that involves directly and wrongly accusing someone of transphobia that you yourself did on yourself should result in a prolonged break from forums for everyone's good.

But also, the biggest lmao of the forums-related nature this year, right here, thanks to the thread that admins wanted to take from us. The irony!

definitely having a good lol but also yeah if you're buying slur avatars for yourself and implicating other posters explicitly you should be ban+30'd at minimum, imo

lol christ

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lol

sube
Nov 7, 2022

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

some plague rats posted:

lol drat

yeah. I was in the grip of an absolute loving episode brought on by some personal poo poo this morning and was essentially just acting out, and I should have blanked it or bought a new one instead of continuing to bluff it when I started to come down. Same with the 41%, that was a real low point. Sorry all, I can be a real loving dickhead in exciting new ways when the mood takes me. I will now hear about this forever, go

dont believe you

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

lol gently caress

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

lol i have been thinking about this aspect in particular all morning

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

some plague rats posted:

I said someone else bought me an av dude. Its immensely loving gay and an unbelievably embarrassing way to act out but come on can you not just lol like everyone else

and is this somebody else in the room with us right now?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

so were the skeleton titties self-bought or what. that's the big question here

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

lol i have been thinking about this aspect in particular all morning

:same: was it a mistake or just next level poo poo? we'll never know

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Obscure Risk
Feb 23, 2009

TASed losers
Cya dopes

Jazerus posted:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Jazerus posted:

some plague rats posted:

lumpentroll posted:

did you buy the big titty skeleton
Not originally no but I bought it back cos I grew to love it

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I'm prepared to believe it really was a mental health episode because it's so obviously stupid and counter-productive, and she's never struck me as stupid.

But I literally can't think of a better way for someone with her particular posting history and style to ensure she's never taken seriously ever again. Whether why other shenanigans are under, looooots of folks are going to assume they're there. At this point, it's academic whether she's been doing this since 2021, or just doing it again.

Jazerus posted:

If so, then what about rhinoboobs?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
i think, but don't care, that spr's mod actions should be reexamined in light of this

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

I've never posted on the sagas thread or seen the virtue of the sagas thread until now, I see the light holy poo poo

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

RealityWarCriminal posted:

i think, but don't care, that spr's mod actions should be reexamined in light of this

she was an ik but yes every un-approved action she made should be overturned

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I seem to remember she submitted a ban that went through but searching the lc is tedious

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Lmao

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Cuttlefush posted:

she was an ik but yes every un-approved action she made should be overturned

I'm pretty sure most of those 6ers are over by now

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Green Wing posted:

I've never posted on the sagas thread or seen the virtue of the sagas thread until now, I see the light holy poo poo

sagas does the dirt so the rest of the forums kinda work.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

henkman posted:

when the forums are shut down those posters will be given 6 extra hours

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

henkman posted:

Jeffrey must now add extra hours in each day to allow those posters the 6 hours of posting that was taken from them.

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
i am just catching up with the latest. incredible

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

RealityWarCriminal posted:

I seem to remember she submitted a ban that went through but searching the lc is tedious

i think that was on one of lollontee's garbage alts, and possibly a second one later on lollontee's main account. trust me, that one does not need review.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

:five: