Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

stopping facebook from taking over the country and spreading antivax bullshit and/or inciting an ethnic cleansing while snuffing out all domestic competitors is exactly what westerners mean by totalitarian anti-freedom censorship that the evil CCP does to brainwash their citizens and desperately cling onto power though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i assume zerohedge is operating like a lot of other outlets and just stealing everything from social media

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

anime was right posted:

zerohedge sucks but i lolled. the prolly stole the image

:same:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

drat, that's some awesome overturning of democracy. Too bad we'd get 5-year stints in federal prison for doing the same here. :wink:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Atopian posted:

Cooking is part craft and part art and I'm bad at all of those.

Baking is chemistry and I'm good at both of those.
Not the fancy modern "we have a cabinet full of analytical grade reagents", the traditional "come up with a working theory, run some experiments that get closer to your goal by trial and error, refine your theory (and your knowledge of the quirks of your apparatus and reagent supplier)."

Also chemistry helps when substituting ingredients and quantities in baking. Knowing what butter, egg, and flour actually do in mixtures and why lets you know how to adapt the rest of the recipe to your change.

what does the egg do

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

drat, that's some awesome overturning of democracy. Too bad we'd get 5-year stints in federal prison for doing the same here. :wink:

french police are some of the worst so ultimately some part of it here is pure cowardice

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Shear Modulus posted:

stopping facebook from taking over the country and spreading antivax bullshit and/or inciting an ethnic cleansing while snuffing out all domestic competitors is exactly what westerners mean by totalitarian anti-freedom censorship that the evil CCP does to brainwash their citizens and desperately cling onto power though

Yeah but China bad. They only have one party instead of pretending to have two and that's called authoritarianism.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

After all those bread-excuse posts here’s two loaves of no knead bread I mixed together last night in 2min, left covered overnight, then dumped in these pans and left covered in loose plastic film in the gently warmed oven an hour ago.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

"Relax, " said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"

good

Morbus
May 18, 2004

In Training posted:

is the current strategy to just hold out for 5 market days, collapse Friday night and get bailed out by Sunday.

NO

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

"Relax, " said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"

i hate the loving eagles man

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Rexicon1 posted:

what does the egg do
He wrote a book about how there should be a billion people in America

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

i am harry posted:

After all those bread-excuse posts here’s two loaves of no knead bread I mixed together last night in 2min, left covered overnight, then dumped in these pans and left covered in loose plastic film in the gently warmed oven an hour ago.

i see three loaves

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

In Training posted:

is the current strategy to just hold out for 5 market days, collapse Friday night and get bailed out by Sunday.

we need a balance patch jay plz nerf

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/CramerTracker/status/1639299379482836993?s=20

I can't find if he actually said this, but I want to believe

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Nothus posted:

https://twitter.com/CramerTracker/status/1639299379482836993?s=20

I can't find if he actually said this, but I want to believe

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1639295425000751104?s=20

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Still 3 and a half hours left in the day. Thanks jim

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Haha, I love him

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

I never thought the capitalists would eat MY face, the crime bank wailed

https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1639263158668783616

How is your bank losing money you're laundering poo poo for terrorist groups and cartels! You are doing max crime and loving it up!!! How are you this bad at this?!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If db collapses a bunch of cartels in Mexico will 100% go down with them lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Grapplejack posted:

If db collapses a bunch of cia ops in Mexico will 100% go down with them lmao

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Deutsch bank loans money to Donald trump

Morbus
May 18, 2004

step 1.) gain student's trust

step 2.) convince them to borrow dad's credit card

step 3.) cut him in

Morbus
May 18, 2004

shrike82 posted:

the discourse about China versus US economic warfare is pretty abstract because the only effect the average person is going to see is cheapish midrange electronics :shrug:

tell me you have no idea what china does without telling me etc

Morbus
May 18, 2004

quote:

They live in a 13-room Victorian house they purchased in 1997 for about $37,000

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

He wrote a book about how there should be a billion people in America

lol

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
So I should be putting all my 401k into bitcoin right now, right?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Mr. Modell is using his retirement to pursue his long-held dream of being a landlord to low-income tenants. About seven years ago, a year after he retired, he withdrew about $600,000 from his portfolio and bought five houses in lower-income areas of New Jersey. The Section 8 rentals generate about $80,000 a year after taxes in income.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Lpzie posted:

anyone itt that makes money in America should be exporting it to Americas enemies all the time.,..

--Dr. Peter Albert Crack Pinger

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Grapplejack posted:

If db collapses a bunch of cartels in Mexico will 100% go down with them lmao
I was watching a longplay of the splinter cell games earlier to I hope instead the cartels invade europe. It won't happen but I need some entertainment.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

spacemang_spliff posted:

Mr. Modell is using his retirement to pursue his long-held dream of being a landlord to low-income tenants. About seven years ago, a year after he retired, he withdrew about $600,000 from his portfolio and bought five houses in lower-income areas of New Jersey. The Section 8 rentals generate about $80,000 a year after taxes in income.

Well landlords don't really pay much in taxes anyway

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

The cartels should free Florida

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

spacemang_spliff posted:

Are you serious

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

sullat posted:

Well landlords don't really pay much in taxes anyway

lies, they pay property taxes every year, which is the most devastating tax to exist and just keeps going up up up, according to landlords.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

It is also my dream to make $80,000 a year in passive income while an underlying asset just goes up and up in price.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Kitchen Nightmares taught me to hate the word "dream." All these people's dream is to make someone else work for them while they sit around collecting checks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Shear Modulus posted:

Are you serious

i lived in a flat owned by a rich old lady who rented out flats to people at enormously sub-market prices during her retirement

my impression was that it gave her, basically, a hobby which put her in regular contact with much younger people who had a baseline of sympathy for her. i paid basically nothing for a small but very well-situated flat, so it certainly worked with me