Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
banme a superstar, or post long enough to see yourself become the saga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Holy poo poo this just keeps getting better

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Mia Wasikowska posted:

im tryin to keep the OP up to date..

nah you're doin good but rhino's made it clear there's gonna be some kinda sagas 2.0 with his powerpoint in the OP, I was just saying we need to make sure that poo poo stays updated

I hope your thread gets goldmined tho

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mia Wasikowska posted:

Edit:

secret confession:
i bought spr the km avatar

o7

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

God drat bravo lmao

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

god drat

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

That DICK! posted:

alright. thats enough jeffrey praising. gently caress you jeffery.

agreed. using this as a distraction on the day an ex-admin was permabanned for roleplay sex weirdness is a cunning and powerful strategy, but he still has grave wrongs to overturn

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Mia Wasikowska posted:

Edit:

secret confession:

i had just refunded the re4 remake because it wouldn't run on my computer. i had noticed spr had their avs changed a whole bunch in just one day. an unusual amount of times. i had never seen an av changed so many times in such a short period of time on these forums.
what was especially odd was a few things - usually if someone already has a demeaning red text av and they go into another thread and piss that thread off, that thread won't buy them ANOTHER demeaning red text av about slightly different subject matter, because they already have a nasty red text av about denying genocides or whatever.

i also noticed a similarity in style between the writing in spr's redtext (the one screencapped in jeff's post) and some of the posts spr made in cspam's "thread for straight up doing misogyny".https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027202
I also thought about a post spr made about how all the mods secretly lover her posts and are pming her encouragement and so forth - that reminded me a lot of KM.
That got me thinking about "forums main characters" and what kinds of things people who love drama on internet sites do. Different types of sockpuppeting and so on.

Would I do it again? well, i had no idea jeff was gonna make that post. but if i hadnt gotten lucky and jeff hadnt posted his take down, i would have just been out $10 and regretted it and felt dumb. don't be like me goons. there but for the grace of god etc. im DONE with forums drama.

:nsavince:

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Goldmine the OP. As in the person

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead
What a day

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Goldmine the OP. As in the person

frankly, the thread can be goldmined too. It has nowhere left to go, we need a new one.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

someone else do something stupid

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That DICK! posted:

someone else do something stupid

Give it a day. There’s always more stupid to be had on this site.

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

:shittypop:
Peak forums experience right here

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Give it a day. There’s always more stupid to be had on this site.
Ain't that the loving truth.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Always a new and exciting day on the Something Awful Forums

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

That DICK! posted:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Mia Wasikowska posted:

secret confession:

I should have finished reading the thread before I replied to you lmfao

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

That whole quoted bit is amazing

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
If Jeff sees his shadow the forums vanish in a puff of smoke, never to have existed at all

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

IGgy IGsen posted:

frankly, the thread can be goldmined too. It has nowhere left to go, we need a new one.

But I haven't beaten the # of edits record yet with the summary post

Grassy Knowles posted:

edit10: all this editing fuckin sucks y'all i'm trying to understand other posting cultures but i just don't get it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

That DICK! posted:

now hold on. has long been since said "good things come in threes". jeffrey this would be quite an auspicious moment to free synthy and have a lol about it with all us folx. lets heal these forums thusly. ball ins in your court champ.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Stux posted:

now hold on. has long been since said "good things come in threes". jeffrey this would be quite an auspicious moment to free synthy and have a lol about it with all us folx. lets heal these forums thusly. ball ins in your court champ.

It's really the smart play, if you think about it.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
(in big smoke voice) all you had to do was click buy for someone else CJ!!!

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Stux posted:

wisdom

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the great wheel is turning. samsara dictates those unjustly punishedw ill rise anew. may the hand of karma guide you

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
A lot of people on this forum seem to have the specific mental illness where apparently when they're having an episode they post dumb poo poo on an internet forum.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Stux posted:

namaste

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This is a wonderful birthday present. A little early but thank you Some Plague Rats.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

A lot of people on this forum seem to have the specific mental illness where apparently when they're having an episode they post dumb poo poo on an internet forum.

Content is queen, homey.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Stux posted:

[banging fists on table] damnit..... we'll play this one your way....

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Wormskull posted:

This is a wonderful birthday present. A little early but thank you Some Plague Rats.

Happy birthday, guy

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

i dont think you trust

in

my

self righteous avatar buys

;p;

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
lmfao at the last 10 pages

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
ABP

ALWAYS. BE. POSTING.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Content is queen, homey.

This

Yesterdays Latte
Nov 14, 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

makes me think of this classic dwarf fortress moment

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Jeffrey your approval levels are at an unprecedented high, you should continue this wave of goodwill and wins by freeing synthy and larry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Makes sense. How many forums are there left to post on?