Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

lmfao knew something juicy was up when suddenly there was over 700 unread posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

hahaha

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Maybe I do have a moral aversion to making money because here goes. You could have continued doing this forever if you weren't trying to pin the blame on another user. I read your posts in the GBS thread and thought to myself "drat - who would be dumb enough to buy that avatar in response to those posts?" It seemed to good to be true from your perspective, and well, it was. Why the gently caress would you buy this avatar for yourself? I know you are aware of the ongoing discussion about avatar traceability. The part that has gone unsaid is that I can look up when someone buys an avatar for themselves, and that's what you did here. You log in to the forums to do so and they are associated with your account.

link here:https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4027239&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post530681135

I guess I can see why you said this:

I wish I could say this is the first time you've done this, but it's not. You seem to have used the avatar system to direct death threats at yourself and tell yourself to kill yourself repeatedly and even said that you, yourself should "join the 41%". Why? Why the gently caress would you do that? Mirror universe Koala's March where she sockpuppets negative attention at herself instead isn't any more fun. I maybe get it a little bit up until the point where you start blaming other people for them and manipulatively pretending you don't know what they're referring to.

So yeah, I am averse to making money if it's from someone buying hateful avatars for themselves and trying to pin it on other people.

fake edit: lmfao I swear on my forums life I'm not responsible for that KM avatar - it wasn't there when I started typing this post. Someone else must have puzzled it out.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
To help folks catch up, The story so far:

The context:

rodbeard posted:

Rust has his own history of being lovely towards women he disagrees with especially trans women which is why his thread got gassed and remade without him to let some women speak for themselves. The reason neither thread lasted was because nobody had any actual examples of misogyny going unpunished.

Since this thread is supposed to be about GBS feedback I think this guy has a good idea on how to handle mega threads to make them more newbie friendly: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027765&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

SPR gets new transphobic av with pic of blair white

some plague rats posted:

Could someone please tell me who this is in my avatar because I don't get it. Rust looking at you here buddy

Smugworth posted:

This is the GBS feedback thread not that "what's this avatar" thread please find somewhere else to ask

Mods, do the thing

some plague rats posted:

It's all good, someone in the saga thread told me. Please disregard my last post

Jeffrey enters

Maybe I do have a moral aversion to making money because here goes. You could have continued doing this forever if you weren't trying to pin the blame on another user. I read your posts in the GBS thread and thought to myself "drat - who would be dumb enough to buy that avatar in response to those posts?" It seemed to good to be true from your perspective, and well, it was. Why the gently caress would you buy this avatar for yourself? I know you are aware of the ongoing discussion about avatar traceability. The part that has gone unsaid is that I can look up when someone buys an avatar for themselves, and that's what you did here. You log in to the forums to do so and they are associated with your account.

link here:https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4027239&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post530681135

I guess I can see why you said this:

I wish I could say this is the first time you've done this, but it's not. You seem to have used the avatar system to direct death threats at yourself and tell yourself to kill yourself repeatedly and even said that you, yourself should "join the 41%". Why? Why the gently caress would you do that? Mirror universe Koala's March where she sockpuppets negative attention at herself instead isn't any more fun. I maybe get it a little bit up until the point where you start blaming other people for them and manipulatively pretending you don't know what they're referring to.

So yeah, I am averse to making money if it's from someone buying hateful avatars for themselves and trying to pin it on other people.

fake edit: lmfao I swear on my forums life I'm not responsible for that KM avatar - it wasn't there when I started typing this post. Someone else must have puzzled it out.

Edit9:

TheSlutPit posted:

naptime is over lol

some plague rats posted:

I'm genuinely sorry I implied you were responsible for it, that was hosed up of me. I'm also genuinely sorry I gave you a win because you're still a piece of poo poo though for a whole bunch of other reasons and I stand by what I said about how you should have been banned.

Never bought an av for anyone else. And yeah I'm going to take a break because clearly I really need one

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You woke up this morning, bought yourself an av

Mr Teatime posted:

Lolling extremely that spr owned themselves just because they wanted to save $5.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

five. five dollar. five dollar terf av.

Mr Teatime posted:

Hooting all over again remembering that it was the gbs feedback thread of all loving places that drove spr to this.

Mr Teatime's avatar changes to Koala's March's old av

Mr Teatime posted:

Could someone please tell me who this is in my av because I don’t get it. Rust looking at you here buddy.

Arivia posted:

Mr Teatime posted:

It’s all good, someone in the sagas thread told me. Please disregard my last post.

Mr Teatime posted:

I believe it’s actually called a ‘Wakanda con’.

edit: missed a few

Captain Invictus posted:

makes me think of this classic dwarf fortress moment

edit2: more stuff

edit3:

edit4:

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

wake up

transphobic avatar that you made up

Paladinus posted:

I'm waking up to ash and dust
I buy an av and I pay five bucks

edit5:

edit6:

edit7:

copy posted:

lol

why'd you pick "for your account" from the menu? (she wanted to!)

lobster shirt posted:

i dont think you trust

in

my

self righteous avatar buys

edit8: CHECK THE OP - Mia's a hero

Mia Wasikowska posted:

Edit:

secret confession:
i bought spr the km avatar

i had just refunded the re4 remake because it wouldn't run on my computer. i had noticed spr had their avs changed a whole bunch in just one day. an unusual amount of times. i had never seen an av changed so many times in such a short period of time on these forums.
what was especially odd was a few things - usually if someone already has a demeaning red text av and they go into another thread and piss that thread off, that thread won't buy them ANOTHER demeaning red text av about slightly different subject matter, because they already have a nasty red text av about denying genocides or whatever.

i also noticed a similarity in style between the writing in spr's redtext (the one screencapped in jeff's post) and some of the posts spr made in cspam's "thread for straight up doing misogyny".https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027202
I also thought about a post spr made about how all the mods secretly lover her posts and are pming her encouragement and so forth - that reminded me a lot of KM.
That got me thinking about "forums main characters" and what kinds of things people who love drama on internet sites do. Different types of sockpuppeting and so on.

Would I do it again? well, i had no idea jeff was gonna make that post. but if i hadnt gotten lucky and jeff hadnt posted his take down, i would have just been out $10 and regretted it and felt dumb. don't be like me goons. there but for the grace of god etc. im DONE with forums drama.

edit9: added theslutpit's quote too

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

/
and you're probably wondering who bought spr the km avatar. as for me, well

edit10: all this editing fuckin sucks y'all i'm trying to understand other posting cultures but i just don't get it

edit11: closing in on the record here

lmao OP, well done. For the record, she also bought the "ASK ME ABOUT DENYING GENOCIDES" title. That one seems much more in line with her trolling style, at least as I understood it before yesterday, but it's funny that it's what made you suspicious.

Baller Ina posted:

I don't think there's rust
In
Myyyyy
Self-transphobe av buyyyy

WarpDogs posted:

per the timestamps literally 5 minutes separates the OP's avatar purchase from Jeffery's post

that's insane. like hitting a home run and it lands in the cup holder of a car in the parking lot

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I think you'll find it was actually 55 minutes. 6:43 UTC to 7:38 UTC. And if they were the same hour, the avatar would have been purchased five minutes later.

edit12:

edit13: beat legitimate edit record here

HonorableTB posted:

this is the posting equivalent to some plague rats throwing a pass on the one yard line when she has marshawn lynch in the backfield and losing the super bowl to an interception

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its like dying to the first goomba in super mario brothers and blaming it on your little brother so he gets in trouble

Psycho Landlord posted:

You see me now a veteran

Of a self-bought transphobe av

TheSwizzler posted:

it's like cheating at cards playing against a squirrel monkey

Sham bam bamina! posted:

It's like rain on your wedding day.

TheSwizzler posted:

it's a mean av, and you've already paid

edit14:

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

It's like ten thousand posts when all you need is a life

edit15:

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

How would you even explain this to someone outside of something awful?

haha what posted:

i'm not terfy! (self-bought red text)
you're the one that's terfy! (self-bought red text)

edit16: future note for spr parachute: if you read this i hope you're doing well and laughing along

skeleton warrior posted:

The enemy that you just couldn't break
and who would've thought or figured

edit17: hopefully calling it a rest here

Lumbermouth posted:

Wait so presumably SPR bought Roth and Lady Radia the Mean Girls avs?

Arrrthritis posted:

wait, did she picture herself as regina george in this situation?

SPR isn't reading this thread, but FYI since some accusations are growing that should be nipped:

some plague rats in private posted:

Also btw if you're chronicling it: I never bought any of the mean girls avs. Never bought an av for anyone else either. And I didn't buy the Dasha av but I did add the red text because I thought it was funny

edit18:

Grassy Knowles posted:

I don't like the idea of certain people waving away every instance of transphobic avs with this when it's definitely been and will continue to be an issue outside of her actions until some sort of account restrictions are put in place

Endorph posted:

yeah lol you can already see people revving up their 'everything bad thats ever happened can be pinned on this' engines because how dare you imply these forums have a problem with transphobia whenever a trans person disagrees with people

if youre speculating anything remotely in that direction, shut the gently caress up

FirstnameLastname posted:

i reached out to spr last night and asked why because, well, why, and she gave an explanation that seemed very genuine for both the previous av buy, and especially the v. recent ones that weren't excusing anything and is deffo (unless she's lying, idk her outside the forum at all but even in the context of all this behavior, it seemed legit) going through some immediate and serious IRL poo poo that still doesn't excuse acting like that, but does explain it in a way that isn't "lol just bein insane n wicked" or sidestep-handwavey sociopath 'no see it's okay because" kinda poo poo, she owned it and seemed to be pretty torn up and ashamed over it

the stuff she told me makes what she did it all come off as much less malicious or planned, and much more like someone struggling to cope and kinda spinning out trying to distract themselves and impulsively doing poo poo they know they shouldn't and wouldn't normally do. if it all turned out to be lies then lol jfc, that's what i get for believing anything ever, but i really don't think it was

she didn't ask me to say anything and I'm saying this stuff mostly because she said to me that she wanted to explain to everyone itt, but i suggested just Loggin Off for a while & not reading anything cuz she just isn't in a good place atm

but at the same time until she is able to explain things herself n decides to, i want to give at least that much info cuz as fuckin mad dumb and bad as this all was to do, with context imo it's not deserving of becoming known as koalas march jr and being university reviled or perma'd or whatever

ofc nobody has to believe this because it's just my own view of what i was told, plus I'm being vague and giving info secondhand from someone who's just burned everybody's trust hard; I'm not asking people to give it a full pass or even forgive her, just saiyan that it's prolly worth holding out on totally hating her forever over this before she can let people know what was going on, bc there's some hugely extenuating circumstances involved

edit19: this post revision process is such a stupid loving thing

edit20: (Sunday, Mar 26, 15:54 EST)

Grassy Knowles fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 26, 2023

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

this is GBS country

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

columbo of yospos

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Cthulu Carl posted:

It was perfectly engineered to look like a red av bought in anger because it actually WAS bought in anger.

*jrpg monologue voice* the person who i was truly mad online at....was myself

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
lols all around

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

SPQQR

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lol

rox
Sep 7, 2016

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Fuckin' :lol:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

gently caress

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

well that's pretty loving funny

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Mr Teatime posted:

I believe it’s actually called a ‘Wakanda con’.

Lmfao

Mock Turtle
Jul 19, 2022

lol at everything

1000 more years of sagas

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

lmao holy poo poo

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Cuttlefush posted:

no but fishmech should be unleashed

i see its been too long since people had undiluted purestrain fishmech. perhaps its time

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Grassy Knowles posted:

To help folks catch up, The story so far:

The context:

SPR gets new transphobic av with pic of blair white

Jeffrey enters

edit: missed a few

nice

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

do not release fishmech

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

no, do it, I'm ready, let the end times begin.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Jesus christ

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

waking up and seeing hundreds of posts in this thread is my favorite morning treat.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Lol, what a website.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lolling now at the part where she pretended not to know who Blaire White was.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Famethrowa posted:

waking up and seeing hundreds of posts in this thread is my favorite morning treat.

The forums pwn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
wake up

transphobic avatar that you made up