Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

DRINK ME posted:

I finally did something I’ve been thinking about for a long time

6kg (13.2lb) bulging box covered in tape

Tsar Wart was right there… but we got Satr Wrat instead. A 222 page manual, with some stickers between the pages

Unpacked on an unclean floor

Which will eventually become this Millennium Falcon + stand

I’ve been looking at it for so long and know all the practical reasons why I shouldn’t have bought it but after the recent ali lego I made and really enjoyed, I decided to go for it. Plus I got a bonus from work which may be the last one ever since another 80 people were made redundant this month.

Odd: the one I bought was AU$396.87 which is on the cheaper end of the many available but it shows as “no longer available” today, and if I go to the store it shows a little “Store on vacation” note and you can’t do anything except press Go Back. They also had free shipping and it came via DHL, which is usually a premium for ali orders here.

That's cool as - I've got a collection of Ali Legos I've been slowly working through before I move. I finally had a set (a succulent) come missing pieces, as well as one piece that was like, half melted from the manufacturing process I guess. I ordered it a year or two ago so it'd be kind of ridiculous to hit the seller up with a complaint, cost of doing business. :china:

I've been eyeing the B-Wing for a while. Maybe after the move...

Ethics_Gradient fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Mar 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
That’s a nice b-wing, I saw y-wing on ali too. Maybe once I’m finished the big build I’ll get a fleet to go with it but I’m going to hold off buying more until then.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Double posting:

The name plate sticker is accurate except the first couple of lines. I think I know someone who does stickers so I might see if he can print me a real one.

Space Wars posted:

Millnneium Fcloan
Corellian Light Freighter YT-1300 Series (modified by Han Solo )
Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corparation
Length: 34.75 meters
Engines: Girodyne SRB42 sublight drives
Maximum Speed: 1050 km/h in atmosphere
Hyperdrive System: Class 0.5 Isu-Sim SSP05 Hyperdrive
Weapons: 2 CEC AG-2G Quad Laser Cannons, 1 BlasTech Ax-108 "Ground Buzzer" blaster cannon, 2 Arakyd ST2 concussion missile tubes
Capacity: 2 Pilots, 6 Passengers, and 100 metric tons of cargo

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
“Han Solo “ is legally distinct from “Han Solo”

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'd definitely watch a shoestring budget series of sci-fi called "Tsar Wart"

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Sartre Wars

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

DRINK ME posted:

Unpacked on an unclean floor

buddy, if you think it was packed on a clean floor...

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Ali knockoff legos are rad considering they’re mostly good quality for like a quarter of the price of Lego. Just don’t tell a Lego fan that….or do cause it’s funny when they have a fit about it.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

:denmark:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

DRINK ME posted:

Double posting:

The name plate sticker is accurate except the first couple of lines. I think I know someone who does stickers so I might see if he can print me a real one.

No definitely keep the insane name plate.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Invalid Validation posted:

Ali knockoff legos are rad considering they’re mostly good quality for like a quarter of the price of Lego. Just don’t tell a Lego fan that….or do cause it’s funny when they have a fit about it.

There are literally huge communities dedicated to
Lego fans buying bricks from alternative sources. It’s not all cloned sets, there’s tons of original designs too from the multitude of companies that manufacture bricks.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

NoMas posted:

I would hate to get fake Lego though, would go straight in the bin

NoMas posted:

Sorry you cause you offense.

But giving fake Lego to some Lego fans can be seen as a hostile action

A hostile action you monster

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

Lego fans buying bricks from alternative sources. It’s not all cloned sets, there’s tons of original designs too from the multitude of companies that manufacture bricks.

Oh I know just Lego fanboys are fuckin weird. A Facebook group I’m in had a months long meltdown when someone said plural of Lego is Legos.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Join us in the Lego thread if you want. We are mostly tolerable.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3328496

Baron von Eevl posted:

No definitely keep the insane name plate.
:hmmyes:

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Invalid Validation posted:

Oh I know just Lego fanboys are fuckin weird. A Facebook group I’m in had a months long meltdown when someone said plural of Lego is Legos.

it's obviously not Legos, but TBF there is legitimate dispute as to whether the correct plural is Legoii or Legolas.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

thepopmonster posted:

it's obviously not Legos, but TBF there is legitimate dispute as to whether the correct plural is Legoii or Legolas.

If you buy the Rivendell set multiple times, you can get Legolas Legolas.

mystes
May 31, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

If you buy the Rivendell set multiple times, you can get Legolas Legolas.
Legos (binomial name: L. Legolas)

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

mystes posted:

Legos (binomial name: L. Legolas)

Seriously though, the Lego Group insists upon saying Lego, since Legos might genericize their trademark.

I still say legos

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Does anyone here own an XRF gun or ever otherwise test their clothes or goods for toxic stuff? Not just referring to Ali here or even fast fashion.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

deoju posted:

Seriously though, the Lego Group insists upon saying Lego, since Legos might genericize their trademark.

I still say legos

All the more reason to say "Legos"

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

EL BROMANCE posted:

My Treebeard and Johnny 5 agree. Iron giant up next and Balrog on the way. And a whole shitton I bought for my family for gifts. And the LOTR armies. I’ve slowed my roll a bit.

Also super tempted to get this:

US $2.75 60% Off | Summer Men's Outdoor Military Style Short-sleeved Lapel T-shirt Casual Button Casual Business Men's Solid Color Polo Shirt
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNvFUWm

Who could refuse those patches?

I got some rip-stop tactical pants but they’re a bit too tight/restrictive. I’ll keep them in hopes I slim down a bit and can use them for whatever. My 5.11s have been indestructible but alternatives at 1/4 the price is hard to skip.

Bowling shirt collection is coming along nicely. I can proudly wear them in my WFH office where no one ever sees me.

E: or you can just establish yourself in the ‘hood:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 24, 2023

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Some of the designs from 'lego' sets on Aliexpress are stolen from individual, small time creators. If you want to go that route, maybe kick the real creator a few bucks?

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-29014/Dasadles/blade-runner-2049-ks-spinner/#details
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...id=xV3YgcJ2dOvx

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

“Han Solo “ is legally distinct from “Han Solo”

It's a distinct character named Solo who is Han Chinese.

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

E: or you can just establish yourself in the ‘hood:

Would you post a link to these? I must have one

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

SonOfGhostDad posted:

Would you post a link to these? I must have one

US $0.27 96% Off | Spring Autumn Men's Polo Shirts Long Sleeve Business Casual Tops Lapel Pullover T-Shirts
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNNojB8

There is a lot of Nazi-adjacent apparel out there too. Unsurprisingly found down the rabbit hole of pseudo-military -> punisher -> ugh

I thought they had the swastika and all but stop just barely shy of it.

DINGSHITE store is the one I found most recently.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Goddamnit, I’ve been avoiding aliexpress due to being broke. But, like an idiot, I opened it up and ran into the 1.99 free shipping anniversary thing. A tiny dog lamp and an animal on a motor cycle are on their way, now.

My 3rd item is a “bone conducting” earphone. Since I mainly will be using it to listen to audiobooks, it doesn’t have to sound great.

I think the “pussy wagon” keychain sold out before I checked it. I do have a lot of cats.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Bored posted:

Goddamnit, I’ve been avoiding aliexpress due to being broke. But, like an idiot, I opened it up and ran into the 1.99 free shipping anniversary thing. A tiny dog lamp and an animal on a motor cycle are on their way, now.

My 3rd item is a “bone conducting” earphone. Since I mainly will be using it to listen to audiobooks, it doesn’t have to sound great.

I think the “pussy wagon” keychain sold out before I checked it. I do have a lot of cats.

show to me the dog lamp

mystes
May 31, 2006

Bored posted:

If you want bone conduction earphones just get aftershokz

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

I think I probably goofed on using the anniversary deals aside from the $5 per $30. Oh well.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Bored posted:

Bone conducting earphones on AliExpress? Sounds like a great way to get boneitis :colbert:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bored posted:

Just FYI, I've ordered some "bone conducting" earphones for my dad and some of them aren't actually bone conducting at all. They look like it and are called that on the site, but instead there's just a little hole for the speaker to make noise in the general direction of your ear. The others are legit though, so just double check the description and reviews.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I got these for $17 from Amazon and they're fine

ZKAPOR Premium Bone Conduction Headphones, Open Ear Headphones Sports Bluetooth Earbuds, Bluetooth Headphones with Built-in Mic,Up to 8 Hours Playtime,Waterproof Headset for Running Workouts Cycling https://a.co/d/7KCBbVX

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

deoju posted:

I still say legos

is this legoloss

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Temu just hit me with a $5 credit that I didn't ask for because my order wasn't delivered before the projected date of the 24th. Thing is, it was delivered on the 22nd! Thanks Temu, I think I might be done with Aliexpress if they maintain this level of customer service. They ship way faster to Canada too.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Temu just hit me with a $5 credit that I didn't ask for because my order wasn't delivered before the projected date of the 24th. Thing is, it was delivered on the 22nd! Thanks Temu, I think I might be done with Aliexpress if they maintain this level of customer service. They ship way faster to Canada too.

Exact thing happened to me too back in November, used the credit on Christmas shopping for family members I don't actually like.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Temu is unmatched for shipping speed and service, they just don’t have the wildly esoteric selection that a weirdo like me delights in. Also don’t let me haggle and come up with custom buys from vendors.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Yeah I keep meaning to try Temu but none of the stuff that I occasionally buy from aliexpress is on there

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
What actually is on temu then?

mystes
May 31, 2006

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

I guess essentially the least niche 10% of aliexpress stuff? It's probably fine if you just want clothes or something rather than very specific esoteric stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

Think of it as a curated list of the better Amazon drop shippers without Amazon taking their cut