Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

coelomate posted:

markets closing. banks not failing. bread and coffee weekend in pittsburgh thread.

gently caress

Every thread i post in is the Pittsburgh thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

it's at least slightly more diluted in this thread on weekdays :sun:

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
on the one hand deutsche bank's financials were already terrible before this all started iirc so it's entirely possible this brings them down. on the other hand, they've already survived so many events that by all accounts should have brought them down that i'm not sure even the curse of cramer will be enough

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

goddamn the french loving rule

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

In the US those police would have executed the protestors and half of America would be cheering about how awesome it was.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

In the US those police would have executed the protestors and half of America would be cheering about how awesome it was.

cnn would all have visible erections and dampness if cops opened fire on "antifa troublemakers"

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Yeah that van would have killed 27 protestors in the states and there wouldn't even be a pretend investigation

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

on the one hand deutsche bank's financials were already terrible before this all started iirc so it's entirely possible this brings them down. on the other hand, they've already survived so many events that by all accounts should have brought them down that i'm not sure even the curse of cramer will be enough

arent they neck deep with trump? imagine the lols if they go down

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

Trump should pull his assets out of there.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

they actually willingly loaned money to trump. this should tell you everything you need to know about their balance sheet and the sort of high quality assets on there

SteepPollTax
Mar 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

PostNouveau posted:

Oh no, not Deutche Bank! What a tragedy

uh my 1990s computer bank just collapsed

SteepPollTax
Mar 23, 2023

by Pragmatica
but with a rubber stamp that reads BANKRUPT

SteepPollTax
Mar 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

"send in the airplanes!"

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

everyone should be planning vacations out of the country and aiming to spend 70%+ of their savings 💰 money.....

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
meanwhile, at Deutsch Bank hq
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwB83H7VoN0&t=41s

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
What's everyone having for lunch?

I hit up a Mexican cafe and got a mole burrito and torta. Little more than I like to spend on lunch but hey, this is the cheapest food is ever gonna be from now on so YOLO.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

funny to think that only a few years ago everyone had trump brain and they thought he was going to be the catalyst for DBs destruction

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

skooma512 posted:

I hit up a Mexican cafe and got a mole burrito and torta. Little more than I like to spend on lunch but hey, this is the cheapest food is ever gonna be from now on so YOLO.

a couple of hot links on slices of brown bread with mustard

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
https://twitter.com/5thrule/status/1639363588287520792

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I tried the hip new thing of setting boundaries with my employer since they are adding another job to my other 5 jobs and when I said I wanted compensated for doing more work I was told they will not be held hostage for ransom demands, that my job description is "Literally Anything" and now I have to have a meeting with one of the chief officers

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

would could imagine that saying "big banks get all deposites insured, small banks don't" could be harmful to small banks

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

americans can protest too. don’t ever loving forget th

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Der Meister posted:

sure they can, and they will be murdered for it

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I tried the hip new thing of setting boundaries with my employer since they are adding another job to my other 5 jobs and when I said I wanted compensated for doing more work I was told they will not be held hostage for ransom demands, that my job description is "Literally Anything" and now I have to have a meeting with one of the chief officers

They sound desperate in the "appear strong when you are weak" sense. Keep pushing.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

skooma512 posted:

I’ve never eaten a mole

I had squirrels and raccoons though so I guess it’s like that?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Der Meister posted:

lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

they just charged like 22 people with domestic terrorism charges for attending a music festival on the other side of a park from a protest and theyre almost all having their bond denied. one guy was not even near the park, he was just eating at a taco truck and they nabbed

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
'mericans cna protest too, you wusses

*does chalk art on sidewalk, using environmentally friendly chalk, gets a felony on his record and can't find work*

americans are so docile!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Der Meister posted:

yeah we totally don't live in a fascist police state armed to the teeth or anything

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Wrong it's the Cincinnati thread, bitch

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i dont think non americans understand that once you have a felony for anything you will never be able to find well paying work again

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Der Meister posted:

https://theintercept.com/2023/03/21/fbi-colorado-springs-surveillance/

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

You should send them this article: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/prescriptions-life/201304/if-you-set-boundary-expect-deal-anger

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Al! posted:

they just charged like 22 people with domestic terrorism charges for attending a music festival on the other side of a park from a protest and theyre almost all having their bond denied. one guy was not even near the park, he was just eating at a taco truck and they nabbed

Who could've ever predicted that criminalizing protest would be used against the left as well as against the right?

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

French kick rear end. I always laugh when people mention Americans rioting if X occurs. Americans can't protest for poo poo.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That's why they always add the "and other duties as required" clause to everyone's job description.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Al! posted:

literally a minor plot line of the new climate speculative fiction book "the deluge" but it happened in like 2032 instead of 2023.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Willa Rogers posted:

Who could've ever predicted that criminalizing protest would be used against the left as well as against the right?

its pretty tragic that libs think the reason capitol police didnt stop j6 was that they didnt have enough resources lol

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Al! posted:

its pretty tragic that libs think the reason capitol police didnt stop j6 was that they didnt have enough resources lol

My mother in law still just refuses to process the video clips of the capital cops showing people around and being friendly with them. Surely they must be edited, or the cops were actually terrified, or they were using lessons learned about de-escalation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

seriously that sounds pathetic. go to the boss meeting and be super nice but stand your ground. or better yet go in with a specific raise amount and lead with “id be happy to take on this work for you for x$ per hour 😃”