Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Gildiss posted:

Oompa Loompa, do-ba-dee-dest,
You denied my vacation request

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Remember that simpsons where Bart was supposed to go to the chocolate factory but he didn’t remember his permission slip and then he thought he got skinnier murdered by fat tony

Tv used to be about things

Also condolences to the fallen

A shame

rotten way to die

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Getting killed at work is cringe ngl

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Xaris posted:

nah stewart et al also spent most of that era making fun of OWS

perhaps the most depressing thing is OWS was also the most successful 'protest' in like 30+ years. all the floyd and blm poo poo was a joke and rich just played along or ignored it letting it fizzle out after people got bored, but they were actually bonafide scared of OWS which is why they mustered all the armaments to blow it away asap and have the media jerk off about how bad it is, they have no message, etc etc 24/7

police literally murdered most anyone who was involved in the ferguson protests, right in front of everyone.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

i like how tweets about the economy are always in all caps for some reason so it's like a guy hysterically screaming at you that everything is fine

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

biceps crimes posted:

someone could be profiting from those archives, it doesn't make sense to just give it all away for free

listen you loving tankie, you can't just BUILD A LIBRARY. how would you pay for it???

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Vox Nihili posted:

https://twitter.com/RadioGenova/status/1639187461577363456

Watch probably isn't actually quite that much but lmao

If could be but apparently this was debunked and it’s only $2-3k still more than what the average French person could afford.

A lot of these rich assholes wear really expensive Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet etc.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Glumwheels posted:

If could be but apparently this was debunked and it’s only $2-3k still more than what the average French person could afford.

A lot of these rich assholes wear really expensive Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet etc.

Well yeah. I mean watches are just jewelry for guys. It's like making fun of a female politician for wearing a 3k necklace

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

NeonPunk posted:

It's like making fun of a female politician for wearing a 3k necklace

a female politician wearing a 3,000 dollar necklace while telling people to suck it up and deal with austerity would also be worthy of condemnation, yes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Vox Nihili posted:

https://twitter.com/RadioGenova/status/1639187461577363456

Watch probably isn't actually quite that much but lmao

RadioGenova frequently posts misleading, inaccurate, or completely fabricated events or videos.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

RadioGenova frequently posts misleading, inaccurate, or completely fabricated events or videos.

im sure they do, it's still really funny that he reached under the table and took off his watch in the middle of an interview

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Jaxyon posted:

police literally murdered most anyone who was involved in the ferguson protests, right in front of everyone.

yeah 'fizzled out' lmao

the fizzling sound coming from the barrels of guns maybe

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

sugar dust i assume

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

here is a "reputable source" on Watchgate

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/mar/24/emmanuel-macron-takes-off-luxury-watch-pensions-tv-interview

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mr Hootington posted:

Macron is a bitch tho

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

super sweet best pal posted:

Your economic system is a POS.

[Doomecon/YESPOS] Somehow, Ea-Nasir has returned.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Willa Rogers posted:

Having a laugh thinking about people saying the boomers should've "done something" when reagan & congress raised the retirement age here, even though we were in our 30s and p. powerless to do anything about the changes that first affected our generation in subsequent decades.

A high percentage of Boomers voted for Reagan in the first place too, so expecting them to "do something" is kind of silly.

https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/how-groups-voted-1980

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
praise jupiter!

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
According to a BBC article on Macron's watch shenanigans...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65069823

quote:

The exact cost of the watch was debated online, with some of Mr Macron's critics suggesting it was worth €80,000.

But the Élysée Palace told French media the president was wearing a Bell & Ross BR V1-92 model, which is personalised with a coat of arms.

Prices online for this watch, without the personalisation, are between €1,660 and €3,300 (£1,460 and £2,900).

"He has been wearing it very regularly for more than a year and a half," the palace added in a statement.

I know watches are a "sky's the limit" thing price-wise, but that still seems expensive to me.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

gotta say france is constantly owning itself by voting in little napoleons like macron, hollande, and sarkozy

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

:rip: to the second best site on the internet

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
holy moly it doesn’t matter how much the watch costs

he fuckin sleight of hand removed it during an interview because he thought it was too much

fuckin goons man

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

RealityWarCriminal posted:

:rip: to the second best site on the internet

the second best site isnt going anywhere, zombocom is still up

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

Definitely not good.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

NeonPunk posted:

Lol

Sorry buddy, but your lawyer know that you got screwed and he's trying to come up with something to tell you without out right saying that.

probably.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Eric Cantonese posted:

I know watches are a "sky's the limit" thing price-wise, but that still seems expensive to me.

It's funny people are trying to correct this. Lying about the rich is good because they don't care about us.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

This sets the stage for libraries being illegal

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

zetamind2000 posted:

This sets the stage for libraries being illegal

libraries do pretty clearly authorized lending. its a slippery slope but its not stage setting.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Rexicon1 posted:

what does the egg do

A bunch of stuff. The main two:
It's got proteins in it that have one part that can grab water-soluble stuff (sugar, salt, etc) and another part that can grab water-insoluble stuff (oil, fat, etc) and so let those things mix and combine smoothly rather than separating.
It has proteins that can be persuaded using heat and surrounding chemical environment to unfold and form big linked nets that can grab and disperse bubbles of stuff (including, say, air, in fluffy cakes).

You could achieve these effects with other ingredients, but it'd be expensive / fussier / less healthy.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

the incredible, edible, egg

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
eggs are honestly one of the most incredible foods and they do so much stuff its insane

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

anime was right posted:

eggs are honestly one of the most incredible foods and they do so much stuff its insane

CyprianLatewood
Feb 27, 2023

by Pragmatica
egg's got everything you need to go from embryo to functional life form, of course they good

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

faiiiiil. At least there's still annas archive

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Eric Cantonese posted:

Look up the price of some Omegas. Macron was practically wearing a poor mans entry level luxury watch. A daily beater.

Whether he was wearing a very expensive watch or not doesn't matter while his suit probably cost more anyway. He should have worn a slightly crumpled white shirt with a slightly loose tie and rolled up sleeves, and the cheapest casio digital watch.

DancingShade has issued a correction as of 05:06 on Mar 25, 2023

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

apple spent like $999 bazillion bucks on their stupid new ugly campus, and by god, they need to get their moneys worth!!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mirthless posted:

The internet in general sucks now. Thanks capitalism!

internet was always bad but it's objectively far worse than it was even 6 years ago. even a jaded cynical goon like me is actually shocked how fast it's degraded

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
the internet was a commons, and then they enclosed it

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

DancingShade posted:

Look up the price of some Omegas. Macron was practically wearing a poor mans entry level luxury watch. A daily beater.

Whether he was wearing a very expensive watch or not doesn't matter while his suit probably cost more anyway. He should have worn a slightly crumpled white shirt with a slightly loose tie and rolled up sleeves, and the cheapest casio digital watch.
he should have been stark naked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

gradenko_2000 posted:

the internet was a commons, and then they enclosed it

yep