Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Rectal Placenta posted:

There is a high of 40 today and we're getting 8" of snow, gently caress off with that garbage

It was upper 40s to lower 50s yesterday and we're getting the same storm.

gently caress off winter I want spring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
We are back to great weather - clear skies, 60 rn and a high of 80.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

SundayMoney posted:

So my son is going to prom today, he is a sophomore but his girlfriend is a senior. It definitely makes me feel old though seeing him in a tux.

Our oldest is a junior and she’s going to prom next Saturday. I took her shopping for a dress last weekend and it’s surreal. How is my baby old enough to do this?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Sunrise, sunset

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Braksgirl posted:

Our oldest is a junior and she’s going to prom next Saturday. I took her shopping for a dress last weekend and it’s surreal. How is my baby old enough to do this?

When I picked up my prom date for the first time, I thought she looked gorgeous. Absolutely amazing. Her giant of a father saw me with my googly eyes, tightly gripped my shoulder, and pulled me aside and told me extremely sternly "Don't go hot dogging in that rocket of yours!" I immediately relaxed...

Anyway my point is make sure SB practices what he tells The Boy in front of a mirror or something.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

It was upper 40s to lower 50s yesterday and we're getting the same storm.

gently caress off winter I want spring.

I swear every significant snowfall this winter has had the density of a neutron star. Garlic and onion shoots were popping up in my garden yesterday and I had to cover them with extra straw for protection. Annoying!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

I'm loving crying

I forgot Bama lost and this reminded me and made me happy all over again

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Rectal Placenta posted:

I swear every significant snowfall this winter has had the density of a neutron star. Garlic and onion shoots were popping up in my garden yesterday and I had to cover them with extra straw for protection. Annoying!

Agree, a majority of our snow fell when it was about 31F, and it is just wet poo poo that freezes pretty much solid.

Today, however, I will be taking the snow tires off of the cars, because we have zero snow and 40's in the forecast.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Yeah I did not look at the forecast and didn’t know we were getting snow overnight let alone getting 8” dumped on us. And it’s starting to snow more again.

Honestly though, lousy Smarch weather and all, I don’t ever expect Spring to fully rear its head until like end of April because I know I’ll be disappointed if I expect it any earlier

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

One of my longest and deepest friendships ended yesterday, this feeling sucks.

Also I'm doing a virtual course on conflict management today and can't help but be amused at the irony.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MakaVillian posted:

One of my longest and deepest friendships ended yesterday, this feeling sucks.

Also I'm doing a virtual course on conflict management today and can't help but be amused at the irony.

My oldest friendships withered on the vine once we all grew up and got married and had kids, because minimal time made petty slights and old conflicts much more apparent and unlivable.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t still mourning their absence in my life nearly a decade later.

Good luck, internet friend.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The difficulty of maintaining IRL friendships in our current era, especially for dudes, is thing that's been well-documented over the last several years. Even before COVID it was a rough time, every time I move to a new city I've lost touch with like 90% of the people that I knew in the previous one. Good luck.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I feel really lucky that I’ve managed to stay in good contact with most of my closest friends from high school/college. We all make an effort to get together once a year and the only time that’s been derailed was the first COVID year. It probably helps, actually, that most of us moved and went to new places because it meant we kinda clung to those relationships as a lifeline. The people who are still kicking around back home are the ones that we’re least connected to now.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
The group chat is always lit and keeping the homies together. Also meeting up at least once a year for a weekend to get hosed up, watch the college football season kick off, and do our fantasy football draft.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

All of my old friends keep moving away. I’ve just been slowly shedding friends ever since we all started having kids. First to the burbs, and now out of state. We’re still friends I guess, but if i only see them like once a year now, so it’s hard to call that an active friendship. I’ve been lucky enough to pick up a few new friends lately, but it’s not the same as hanging with people you’ve known for 20+ years.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/MuskTillDawn/status/1639664688895262720 he's still got it folks

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

lol that felt like a message to Junior and Eric

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I mean Donald Trump is a joke and loathsome person but I’d be lying if I said I can’t wait for him to eviscerate that sniveling worm Desantis in the primary. Desantis is so outmatched and he really has no idea.

Also, Biden sucks and he very may well lose, but Trump losing to Biden twice would also be very funny.

It sucks that “funny” is kind of our best hope in politics anymore.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Today, however, I will be taking the snow tires off of the cars, because we have zero snow and 40's in the forecast.

Don't do it man. It was 40s and zero snow on the ground yesterday, and now ... Welp ...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'm going to love every second of Trump eviscerating DeSantis and hate every second of his second presidential term

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

When I picked up my prom date for the first time, I thought she looked gorgeous. Absolutely amazing. Her giant of a father saw me with my googly eyes, tightly gripped my shoulder, and pulled me aside and told me extremely sternly "Don't go hot dogging in that rocket of yours!" I immediately relaxed...

Anyway my point is make sure SB practices what he tells The Boy in front of a mirror or something.

Haha, yeah boys are not a problem here. She is fully Team Sappho. And she’s going with a group of friends so no date to terrify.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Desantis is already kicking his own rear end. His own team can't get poo poo straight, leading to all kinds of embarassing situations like a "crowded" hall of 14 people.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

Haha, yeah boys are not a problem here. She is fully Team Sappho. And she’s going with a group of friends so no date to terrify.

Good for her. I had so much more fun going without a date my junior year than having a date senior year. (Turns out she's not a nice person!)

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

swickles posted:

Desantis is already kicking his own rear end. His own team can't get poo poo straight, leading to all kinds of embarassing situations like a "crowded" hall of 14 people.

Ol’ Pudding Fingers doesn’t exactly have a knack for public relations it seems. I think once he starts getting outside of FL he’s going to tank fast.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Freaquency posted:

Ol’ Pudding Fingers doesn’t exactly have a knack for public relations it seems. I think once he starts getting outside of FL he’s going to tank fast.

not even literal genocide will turn the tide

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

bobjr posted:

Wouldn't the transfer portal hurt mid majors the most, where a player can leap to a Big 5 team without less issue?

That hurts them, but they and the lower end power conference teams get to drain some depth from the would-be elite teams, which leads to the overall increase in parity.

The teams at the top can harvest talent from everyone else, but for every elite player they get in, another starter is leaving rather than riding the bench.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Mar 25, 2023

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Don't do it man. It was 40s and zero snow on the ground yesterday, and now ... Welp ...

I know, it's always a risk, but I hate driving with snows to and from work on a random 70 degree spring day.

Also for anyone not paying attention to the superior NCAA tournament (hockey), in first round the four Big 10 teams outscored their opponents by a combined 36-4.

e: And for anyone else who did the Hulu/Disney/ESPN bundle, it seems like all the games except for maybe the final will be streaming on Hulu.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I know, it's always a risk, but I hate driving with snows to and from work on a random 70 degree spring day.

Also for anyone not paying attention to the superior NCAA tournament (hockey), in first round the four Big 10 teams outscored their opponents by a combined 36-4.

e: And for anyone else who did the Hulu/Disney/ESPN bundle, it seems like all the games except for maybe the final will be streaming on Hulu.

That was wild. Cornell - Boston has been pretty entertaining today.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I feel like the one thing I'd like being a parent would be the poo poo I'd pull on my kid's significant others. Just fun, dad joke level things.

My dad acts extremely different to my sister's wife in the weirdest, funniest way that my sister had to sit my fiancée down to warn him that he may do the same to her.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/propublica/status/1639586525825441792

cool country

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

LeeMajors posted:

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t still mourning their absence in my life nearly a decade later.

Good luck, internet friend.

C-Euro posted:

The difficulty of maintaining IRL friendships in our current era, especially for dudes, is thing that's been well-documented over the last several years. Even before COVID it was a rough time, every time I move to a new city I've lost touch with like 90% of the people that I knew in the previous one. Good luck.

Yes this is my biggest worry, they were someone that I could talk to about anything and not having that outlet now is scary.

Thanks for the well wishes

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

They 100% deny everything they can just to see how many people will just not challenge them.

Shithole country.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Well what do you propose? That the money I pay every month for medical coverage I use once every five years allows some poor person to be able to visit the doctor instead of going straight into a bonus for the C Suite? IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT??

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Well, I never really want to do that mean dad schtick anyway, because has that ever really worked? My future father in law showed his extensive gun collection the first time I came to visit. Uh, let’s just say it wasn’t really a deterrent later. ;)

Plus, if the whole point is to presumably stop the kids from having sex so that the girl doesn’t get pregnant, it really doesn’t seem applicable if my daughter is gay. I trust my daughter, and she’s got a good head on her shoulders.

Now if she brings home someone wearing Falcons gear, we are going to HAVE WORDS.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Braksgirl posted:

Silly Burrito posted:

Well, I never really want to do that mean dad schtick anyway, because has that ever really worked? My future father in law showed his extensive gun collection the first time I came to visit. Uh, let’s just say it wasn’t really a deterrent later. ;)

Plus, if the whole point is to presumably stop the kids from having sex so that the girl doesn’t get pregnant, it really doesn’t seem applicable if my daughter is gay. I trust my daughter, and she’s got a good head on her shoulders.

Oh, that's great! I'm super happy she feels comfortably enough to share that with you two. :glomp:

quote:

Now if she brings home someone wearing Falcons gear, we are going to HAVE WORDS.

:laffo:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/popcrave/status/1639767748053028865?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Woman had visible marks and a laceration behind her ear.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I think the kind of kids that would change their behavior based on how afraid they are of their girlfriend's father aren't the ones mothers and fathers need to be worried about their daughter dating.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The only talk you need to give a boy taking out your daughter is "respect her wishes if you want me to respect yours."

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Had the house to myself today with no responsibilities so I finally buckled down and finished Dad of War 2. Great game, great series.

On to RE4 remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Speaking of maintaining friendships, I met up with some friends today to have lunch. It was nice to catch up for a couple hours over burgers & they each thanked me for arranging the meet up. One of the friends recently had their second kid so I know their time is becoming even more limited.

Dick's Primal Burgers allowed me to make a porter float. Yeah it's kind of weird the ice cream was at the bottom but drat this was tasty.

Everything pictured is still vegan and as keto as I could make it.