Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Ironically, that sounds like the sort of story that could be finished very quickly.

it would be, except the mc is a cruel genocidal psychopath. i don't think the author is actually aware that their protagonist is evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Megamissen posted:

im dissapointed we havent had anyone admit to watching that dog show

I watched the first ep but it was just boring

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..

Sakurazuka posted:

I watched the first ep but it was just boring

same
it doesn't make sense.
you bring in a stray dog from outside that's probably really dirty. and you take a bath with it, wouldn't that totally contaminant the water.

looked up a few clips of the Onimai show since its been bought up more than once here about the animation (ironically or not) and it looks like a regular cute girls do stuff

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Feels like a sleeper season. Lots of good surprises.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Finished Trigun Stampede season 1. Core conflict between Vash and Knives was great. Everything else I'm more split on.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Arc Hammer posted:

Finished Trigun Stampede season 1. Core conflict between Vash and Knives was great. Everything else I'm more split on.

i fell off it after episode 7 - did you like the plot more later?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Southern Cassowary posted:

i fell off it after episode 7 - did you like the plot more later?

Not really. It felt like it was in a mad dash to hit plot points as fast as possible so they could hurry up and reach the season finale. Like I said the stuff between Vash and Knives is great but I really felt like the other characters suffered as a result. The revolving door of creative antagonists has always been my favourite part of Trigun and the rogues gallery in Stampede felt like a total waste of the characters.

Legato got done dirty.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The plot is okay but it suffers from being fast paced that it has little time to breathe and not having comedy moments the first anime had. It's pacing felt more like a Marvel movie in a way

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Arc Hammer posted:

Not really. It felt like it was in a mad dash to hit plot points as fast as possible so they could hurry up and reach the season finale. Like I said the stuff between Vash and Knives is great but I really felt like the other characters suffered as a result. The revolving door of creative antagonists has always been my favourite part of Trigun and the rogues gallery in Stampede felt like a total waste of the characters.

Legato got done dirty.

yeah. i hadn't seen the original outside of a few episodes, but i thought stampede was beautiful and i felt the same way about the plot. i was considering just binging the last five episodes to see how it turned out but if it's more of the same i might not bother.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hero Academia season 7 predictably announced, no date yet, Romi Park will be voicing one of the new characters in it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Personal gripe about the finale episode but I'm really frustrated that the season ends by teasing all the stuff I missed not having in season 1. Namely Milly and the constant parade of idiots and Gung Ho Guns gunning for Vash's Sixty Billion Double Dollar bounty.

They went so hard on the drama that it soured a lot of stuff without the action comedy elements.

Southern Cassowary posted:

yeah. i hadn't seen the original outside of a few episodes, but i thought stampede was beautiful and i felt the same way about the plot. i was considering just binging the last five episodes to see how it turned out but if it's more of the same i might not bother.

I'd still see it through because there's definitely good stuff in there but it's mostly centered around Vash and Knives. The last two episodes especially are chock full of great Knives moments that make you empathize with him while still :stare:-ing at what an absolute monster he is.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 25, 2023

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Waffleman_ posted:

Hero Academia season 7 predictably announced, no date yet, Romi Park will be voicing one of the new characters in it.
The teaser we get introducing the new character is
the most deliciously Ooh Rah America thing I could have ever imagined.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I do think if they were going to be that brisk paced for Stampede they probably would of been better off being a movie or even going for like an OAV run time

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/NetflixAnime/status/1639460343230664704?t=S74TjE_iiFGZ1frpU01T2w&s=19

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it would be, except the mc is a cruel genocidal psychopath. i don't think the author is actually aware that their protagonist is evil.

I’m in agreement. When I read some a while back there was a huge disconnect between the MCs actions and what the author kept telling the reader. I really don’t think they understand that they’re writing a villain and not a hero.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Namtab posted:

Building the list of people who can’t help but admit that they watched onimai

poo poo I accidently google searched this thinking it's an isekai.

FilthyImp posted:

"Backstabbed in a Backwater Dungeon: My Party Tried to Kill Me, But Thanks to an Infinite Gacha I Got LVL 9999 Friends and Am Out For Revenge"

There's, unsurprisingly, a Reddit thread that compiles some of the longer series names.

Beautiful name, absolutely beautiful, unfortunately it hasn't been adapted yet but at the pace we are getting isekai LN ,animes like on average 4 a season we might see this soon.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Did not love this arc but I could see it working better in an anime.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Did not love this arc but I could see it working better in an anime.

I felt that it was already losing steam over the seasons. Didn't hate it, but felt like it was settling into more worn isekai grooves. Is that a fair assessment?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/horimiya_anime/status/1639492303810117633
More Horimiya in July. Covering stuff that was skipped in the 2021 season.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/AniTrendz/status/1639792018292609025?t=F0V-I-aNwSH0UuX2cF4YAA&s=19

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also the spring season thread will be up either late tonight or tomorrow. Now's your chance for some last minute thread title suggestions:

https://anichart.net/Spring-2023

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2023/spring

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

I'm guessing this will be anime-original? Doesn't seem like there's an obvious arc that would get the movie treatment, and SXF is episodic enough that they could easily tell a standalone story if they so chose.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yes from what I understand it's an anime original but it's written by the original author so it would still be canon.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Put me in the category of people who didn't particularly like Trigun as a manga series (fights were too long and incomprehensible, too many disposable villains who are there to make Vash or Wolfwood look cool, author clearly didn't care about dealing with things he had written earlier) and thinks both series are an improvement on the source material.

I do wish Stampede had a bit more humor though.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Julias posted:

Also the spring season thread will be up either late tonight or tomorrow. Now's your chance for some last minute thread title suggestions:

Spring Season 2023: HIDIVE is a Marginal Service
Spring Season 2023: Elf With an Otaku Shelf
Spring Season 2023: Re-ranking the Kings
Spring Season 2023: The Only Time You'll Be Allowed to Talk about Kizuna Ai
Spring Season 2023: Kuma Kuma Kuma Chameleon (don't use this one)
Spring Season 2023: Do the Monster Mashle
Spring Season 2023: Loaf-fi Beasts to Relax/Shoujo To

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 26, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Suletta Sundays Return

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

The 7th Guest posted:

Spring Season 2023: Kuma Kuma Kuma Chameleon

this gets my nod of approval

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Maera Sior posted:

Trigun Stampede is getting a second season at some point. No further verifiable information as to the name, date, or number of episodes.

I hope they introduce Milly.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Julias posted:

Spring Season 2023: An Explosion on These Other Worlds

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Spring Season 2023 : Yuri is my Witch of Mercury Golf

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

sb hermit posted:

I hope they introduce Milly.

She get mentioned in the final episode :ssh:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Julias posted:

She get mentioned in the final episode :ssh:

:vince:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..

where's rem

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

GateOfD posted:

where's rem

buddy, you're gonna wanna sit down for this one

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I ended up enjoying Kaina a lot more than I was expecting from my impressions of the first episode. Not a great show by any means, but the world is interesting enough to keep my attention. Gives me a Panzer Dragoon vibe.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

GateOfD posted:

where's rem

Weird way to spell Ram, the only missing character that matters in that PV.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Arist posted:

buddy, you're gonna wanna sit down for this one
She actually does feature a fair bit in Arc 6 for being in her current state, and I know exactly where they're gonna cliffhanger.

AnoHito posted:

Weird way to spell Ram, the only missing character that matters in that PV.
Ram's going to be louder, angrier, and given access to a time machine.

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

Julias posted:

Spring Season 2023: Golf Hard 2: Golf Harder
Spring Season 2023: I cast FIST
Spring Season 2023: It has been 10 0 days since your fav anime went on hiatus

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The 7th Guest posted:

Spring Season 2023: Kuma Kuma Kuma Chameleon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010