Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

At his age? All he needs to do is smack his head on a counter corner on the way down. Your bones get brittle as you get older, hips especially are notorious for breaking on falls from standing after a certain age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Wendigee posted:

What kind of fall causes a concussion and a cracked rib? Did he fall off a stage?

He's elderly as gently caress, OP

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Can't retract into your protective shell as fast once you hit a certain age

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'd imagine that he can still protect himself with Force Lightning, though.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Wendigee posted:

What kind of fall causes a concussion and a cracked rib? Did he fall off a stage?

He tried sucking his own dick.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
He took such a big hit of jenkem that his rib snapped, then he fell over and hit his head on the softest of pillows, concussing it

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

priznat posted:

Those compensation awards are in stock that vests over 4 years right? Stock in a non public company they can’t even sell?

But it could 10x!
*Looks over at lawyer* I said ‘could’
*Lawyer nods*

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Are Telsas so lovely that you have to get your insurance through them?

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1639412933397745665?s=20

koshmar fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 26, 2023

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Progressive tried that with me and I said not worth it for maybe 10 off

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Celexi posted:

I work nights so my main driving hours are after midnight, all of those programs are less than useless for me.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Wendigee posted:

Toilet.

That's actually a serious guess. If you have to take care of old people, you'll be in constant amazement of how the least little thing can cause so many problems and/or bleed so much.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Celexi posted:

They wouldn’t do it if they thought they would get less total in premiums after all

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

DRINK ME posted:

But it could 10x!
*Looks over at lawyer* I said ‘could’
*Lawyer nods*

lmao

Unless you are extremely early stage employee and/or one of the founders' buddies, 10x might happen if you were a new startup with a viable business plan, MIGHT.

For one of the few remaining employees at a company where you don't have better, less hardcore options, the company barely being held together by an idiot narcissist and his gang of fascist hanger-ons.. lol, lmao.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
that announcement that comp increases are tied to valuation is a creative way to tell people that comp increases will be shrinking rapidly, while still saying 'but they might go up 10x!'

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Herstory Begins Now posted:

that announcement that comp increases are tied to valuation is a creative way to tell people that comp increases will be shrinking rapidly, while still saying 'but they might go up 10x!'

Yeah one hundred percent. And honestly getting 100k in equity (over 4 years) is really not outstanding at all by tech standards. There is really almost no upside to stay there it seems, elon is too loving cheap to make it worth the while for anyone who can actually do stuff.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

"we're definitely profitable. please ignore how much tesla stock i had to sell though"

Wendigee posted:

he did fall on a stage. is that similar?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSiKsMN44go

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Imagine being dumb enough to buy a Tesla.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Serious_Cyclone posted:

The Tesla didn’t swerve toward a child it inverse avoided it

“I’m not falling to my death i’m inverse standing and furtherm-“

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Lol

"Worker values should align with company values"

Is some real "communism for me but not for thee" bullshit

Like , the values don't align, you know what helps with that ,money

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Sankara posted:

Imagine being dumb enough to buy a Tesla.

No

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

priznat posted:

lmao

Unless you are extremely early stage employee and/or one of the founders' buddies, 10x might happen if you were a new startup with a viable business plan, MIGHT.

For one of the few remaining employees at a company where you don't have better, less hardcore options, the company barely being held together by an idiot narcissist and his gang of fascist hanger-ons.. lol, lmao.

Especially when the single statistic of some proof that Twitter is growing is Elon bragging about 8 billion user minutes per day, and even there we only have his word for it that this hasn't happened before. And even if this is an area of genuine growth, having to resort to bragging about something no-one knew you were even keeping track of before is kind of sus by itself. It strongly suggests that all of the ways we normally measure profitability or growth for a social media company points toward failure and could not be used here.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Offler posted:

Especially when the single statistic of some proof that Twitter is growing is Elon bragging about 8 billion user minutes per day, and even there we only have his word for it that this hasn't happened before. And even if this is an area of genuine growth, having to resort to bragging about something no-one knew you were even keeping track of before is kind of sus by itself. It strongly suggests that all of the ways we normally measure profitability or growth for a social media company points toward failure and could not be used here.

Yeah, I really hope the junior folks who may not be true believers there have someone either at the company or in their personal lives to tell them "hey.. this is bullshit you know that right?" because a lot of younger workers out of school can definitely get snowed by this kind of crap.

Add in the fact that the valuation will utterly collapse if someone serious comes in to buy it out and actually does due diligence unlike some idiot boer and realizes how shaky the whole thing is.

The thing that really grinds my gears is Twitter pre buyout had problems but its situation was no where near as dire as he paints it I am 100% certain. He's just saying that poo poo so when it collapses from all his fuckups and attempts at cost cutting (because of all the debt HE saddled it with) he can say "whew, that company sure was a mess when I came in and I tried my best, right guys?" It's just so transparent.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

priznat posted:

Yeah, I really hope the junior folks who may not be true believers there have someone either at the company or in their personal lives to tell them "hey.. this is bullshit you know that right?" because a lot of younger workers out of school can definitely get snowed by this kind of crap.

Add in the fact that the valuation will utterly collapse if someone serious comes in to buy it out and actually does due diligence unlike some idiot boer and realizes how shaky the whole thing is.

The thing that really grinds my gears is Twitter pre buyout had problems but its situation was no where near as dire as he paints it I am 100% certain. He's just saying that poo poo so when it collapses from all his fuckups and attempts at cost cutting (because of all the debt HE saddled it with) he can say "whew, that company sure was a mess when I came in and I tried my best, right guys?" It's just so transparent.

Looking into it :thunk:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

beep by grandpa posted:

Hes just 10 years from making his money back this way if my math is right

Not quite.

If they made 11 million in 3 months, they’ll make 44 million in a year.
440 million in 10 years.
4,4 billion in 100 years.
44 billion in 1000 years.

Elon the business Genius.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

koshmar posted:

Predictably the Musk reply guys are on the case

"bespoke insurance premiums" :wtc:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Not quite.

If they made 11 million in 3 months, they’ll make 44 million in a year.
440 million in 10 years.
4,4 billion in 100 years.
44 billion in 1000 years.

Elon the business Genius.

Elon Musk’s twitter play was a long-term strategy— business genius always wins

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

koshmar posted:

Love having my insurance rates adjusted through a beta software program.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
those kind of telematics units aren't specific to teslas. When I got a car a few years ago after several years of having a drivers licence but not driving, I got insurance with a company under a scheme where they installed one in the car as a means to allow your premiums to come down quicker (if you turn out to be their idea of a "good driver"). I think they pay attention to the same kind of things as are shown in that tweet (hard braking, time of day you drive etc.) It worked for me because nearly all of my driving is bog standard driving to work and back or to the shops.

The unit is still in my car and presumably still phones home but no one is listening because i'm not on that deal any more

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

E the Shaggy posted:

It's an "inverse start-up" which MEANS.....?

You just have to look at the data a little differently is all!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

koshmar posted:

Insurance through regular companies is absurdly expensive, so Tesla rolled their own. Still has all the hallmarks of Tesla customer service.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

koshmar posted:

Wow. I mean it makes sense, but I never thought about it. Get all the analytics, calculate insurance rate on the fly. Insane.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Would love to know what FSD does to the insurance rate.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Absolutely nothing, it turns off half a second before any collision.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Impact - 0.5 seconds: FSD turns off
Impact - 0.3 seconds: "You look like the kind of driver who's about to have a crash. Your hourly premium is now $50,000"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Also those dongle things have always seemed to me like one of those things where they would have every incentive to raise your rate and none to lower it. Every little nuance of spirited driving, every nighttime drive, every time you do something off the perfect predictable pattern — rate goes up. But when does it go down?

It’s like how gas prices fluctuate — they’ll go up instantly by 20 cents overnight due to some market jolt, but then they creep reluctantly back down one or two cents at a time over the next two weeks, and everything under that curve is profit

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Data Graham posted:

Oh I see, the “comp increases” are “based on valuation” which means they’re just stock (and/or stock options), not cash. Lmfuckingao.

epic troll sir! Owned much? Overpaid woke coders :elon::elon::elon:

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Pookah posted:

You just have to look at the data a little differently is all!

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
That's what weed said.