Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

FistEnergy posted:

should make for a good USCSB video in about 5 years :dogstare:

love those things!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

super sweet best pal posted:

Why would anyone own an expensive watch now that smartphones and smartwatches have obsoleted them?

Why do people wear cashmere instead of synthetic fleece?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

When your electric provider is definitely giving you the service you're paying them for

jeez this is giving me anxiety

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

DancingShade posted:

Why do people wear cashmere instead of synthetic fleece?

microplastics?

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

musing on what PFC stores on his NAS

https://twitter.com/BusinessInsider/status/1639754069228101633?s=20

:lol:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

:mad:

Meanwhile efb :mad: again

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

silicone thrills posted:

The eggs I buy from the grocery store have shells that crack if I barely touch them and the yokes are always a super pale yellow but my neighbors chicken eggs are always thick as gently caress and i gotta thwunk em to get em to crack open and the yokes are a really dark yellow. Massive difference.

chickens fed on corn dont have as much iron in their diet as chickens that eat whatever non american factory farms use so the yolks are paler

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

A snake hissed posted:

For all those quaking on the right at the sight of an ascendant Warren, rest easy. Warren’s no lefty. In fact, Warren was a registered Republican into her 40s. When it comes to ideology, Warren makes for a rotten heir to Kennedy.

“I was a Republican because I thought that those were the people who best supported markets. I think that is not true anymore,” Warren says. “I was a Republican at a time when I felt like there was a problem that the markets were under a lot more strain. It worried me whether or not the government played too activist a role.”

Did she vote for Ronald Reagan, who ushered in much of the financial deregulation which Warren has devoted her life to stopping? “I’m not going to talk about who I voted for,” she says.

Pretty much lines up with how Obama says that he's basically a 80s or 90s republican

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

super sweet best pal posted:

Why would anyone own an expensive watch now that smartphones and smartwatches have obsoleted them?

they look a lot nicer imo

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

luxury watches kinda fell by the wayside among techbros

reddit/r/watches is great tho - half the posts are kids posting pictures of their first speedy or patek casually placed on top of the wheel of their BMW or Tesla

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Hey remember that train derailment

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

shrike82 posted:

reddit/r/watches is great tho - half the posts are kids posting pictures of their first speedy or patek casually placed on top of the wheel of their BMW or Tesla

A lot of the Mercedes subreddit activity seems to be posters dunking on young men who are wearing fake Rolexes and flexing in entry-level Benz cars.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

sleep with the vicious posted:

Wow, way to fall for Russian disinformation.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

you're going to need to be more specific

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

it was during infrastructure week i think

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Lol the loving judge has been a judge for 1 year

https://ballotpedia.org/Edwin_Chau

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

FlapYoJacks posted:

You can thank Governor Robot for ratfucking you!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
lol I replied to flap in the Succ thread but yeah the law is not for real people it’s for money people

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
got the paperwork from the court. says the same thing on the website with no reason given for us owing the landlady money. We are going to appeal at the advice of our lawyer. What a loving joke.

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

"but you're allowed to appeal so the system works" gently caress you

good luck on your appeal btw

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

doesnt count it's in chud land :smugdog:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Gunshow Poophole posted:

lol I replied to flap in the Succ thread but yeah the law is not for real people it’s for money people

pretty much. thanks for making me realize I posted in the wrong thread.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

shrike82 posted:

I legit don’t understand how tech bros are impressed w either teslas or bmws

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Gunshow Poophole posted:

yeah

like a dozen people have been harassed at my company for years by this boomer director that dozens of complaints have been filed on, but nothing is ever done

I had a consult with two law firms and was informed that the only legally actionable things in my southern state are discrimination against the federal EEOC categories like race or gender AND I have to prove a negative job outcome was a direct result of this. So punching walls, throwing chairs, screaming in faces and literal physical threats of violence are okay. I even have audio recordings of explicit threats of retaliation telling me not to talk to human resources and those are fine because there was never any actual provable retaliation.

The woman that was relentlessly sexually harassed and propositioned until she quit is out of luck because she didn't report it to the company and give them a chance to officially respond to the complaint so they are legally good there as well.

I tried to argue that I was passed over for a promotion for the woman that quit because the director wanted to gently caress her and explicitly told both of us it's because he wanted to see her at his desk every morning meeting instead of me but since she quit before the promotion went through that isn't a negative job action as no promotion ever occurred.

law definitely isn't for real people

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 03:56 on Mar 26, 2023

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Not a Children posted:

I legit don’t understand how tech bros are impressed w either teslas or bmws

imagine being dumb enough to believe that technology will magically solve all problems and a post-scarcity Star Trek fantasy world is just around the corner, and you're the cool dude banging hot alien ladies

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

FlapYoJacks posted:

got the paperwork from the court. says the same thing on the website with no reason given for us owing the landlady money. We are going to appeal at the advice of our lawyer. What a loving joke.

You're going to get owned on appeal, FWIW.

SteepPollTax
Mar 23, 2023

by Pragmatica
anybody else get robbed by eBay for 50% of their monthly income this month? anybody else missing 50% of their motherfuckin monthly income due to robbery? is this the 16th robbery in the last 6 months?!

SteepPollTax has issued a correction as of 04:01 on Mar 26, 2023

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Horseshoe theory posted:

You're going to get owned on appeal, FWIW.

ugh. Probably. I am just really angry that there wasn’t even a reason given. Just “Yeah, you owe this insane person money, gently caress off.” No reason was even given for how the amount was calculated. :smith:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

FlapYoJacks posted:

ugh. Probably. I am just really angry that there wasn’t even a reason given. Just “Yeah, you owe this insane person money, gently caress off.” No reason was even given for how the amount was calculated. :smith:

"gently caress you, that's why, peon." - You're welcome.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

FlapYoJacks posted:

We are going to appeal at the advice of our lawyer.

How much does this person cost? Of course this is their advice.

SteepPollTax
Mar 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

FlapYoJacks posted:

how can this thing go without massively restricting these people with 7 years of verified data?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Rectal Death Adept posted:

yeah

like a dozen people have been harassed at my company for years by this boomer director that dozens of complaints have been filed on, but nothing is ever done

I had a consult with two law firms and was informed that the only legally actionable things in my southern state are discrimination against the federal EEOC categories like race or gender AND I have to prove a negative job outcome was a direct result of this. So punching walls, throwing chairs, screaming in faces and literal physical threats of violence are okay. I even have audio recordings of explicit threats of retaliation telling me not to talk to human resources and those are fine because there was never any actual provable retaliation.

The woman that was relentlessly sexually harassed and propositioned until she quit is out of luck because she didn't report it to the company and give them a chance to officially respond to the complaint so they are legally good there as well.

I tried to argue that I was passed over for a promotion for the woman that quit because the director wanted to gently caress her and explicitly told both of us it's because he wanted to see her at his desk every morning meeting instead of me but since she quit before the promotion went through that isn't a negative job action as no promotion ever occurred.

law definitely isn't for real people

my story is

we filed our class action against our landlord (already infamous for being a huge piece of poo poo, he had actually just spent time in physical jail!!) in nyc, with the tenant friendliest judge in the city, in January of 2018. summary judgment granted wholly in our favor in mid 2021, appeal still not heard. it took them six months to even FILE the appeal, which for some reason they’re allowed. it’s been more than 5 years and it’s a trivial slam dunk fraud case.

for a long time the stick to discourage dilatory filing was a "punishing" 9% interest rate on any rent overages but lmfao this last two years that’s been downright affordable. five years timeframe of at least $1k per month for dozens of tenants which is rapidly ballooning and it will almost certainly never see a payout

the only awesome thing about the whole saga was the motherfucker's lawyer literally skipped town with a shitload of this guy's and other clients' escrow money hahaha

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Gunshow Poophole posted:

the only awesome thing about the whole saga was the motherfucker's lawyer literally skipped town with a shitload of this guy's and other clients' escrow money hahaha

and you will note that loving with Money People gets the whole of the law stuffed up your rear end almost immediately

archive link if paywalled https://archive.ph/2023.03.26-03121...ears-in-prison/

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/ZangMichael/status/1639453720382431235?t=czMjNMNqUH4a5jMQkAigVg&s=19

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

oh, is that bad? are they not allowed to do that?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

haha yeah sorry. poo poo's hosed.

wow a small business owner voting for small business rent forgiveness. shocking!

https://www.billtrack50.com/billdetail/1321071

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 04:44 on Mar 26, 2023

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Is this basically summarizing the Hindenberg Research report on them?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Eric Cantonese posted:

Is this basically summarizing the Hindenberg Research report on them?

yes lol Robb report is some real sicko "luxury consumer goods" magazine, interesting to see them repackaging financial news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhatAGreatCountry
Mar 21, 2023

by Pragmatica
a business in which every 3rd customer is robbed of 50% of their monthly income at least once per year in a paycheck-to-paycheck society