Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

WhatAGreatCountry
Mar 21, 2023

by Pragmatica
what society am i? a slum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Eric Cantonese posted:

A lot of the Mercedes subreddit activity seems to be posters dunking on young men who are wearing fake Rolexes and flexing in entry-level Benz cars.

The young guys with fake rolexes and entry level benzes are loving more than the guys with expensive rolexes and high end benzes and that's why they're mad

Apr 7, 2003

Young people just gently caress more, sorry 45 year old guy with a S class who's mad about it

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

on a list of weird poo poo pfc has said, this is pretty high

Apr 7, 2003

i am harry posted:

on a list of weird poo poo pfc has said, this is pretty high

What's weird about it? Older guys buying expensive poo poo and expecting to get their youth back via credit card is par for the course.

Apr 7, 2003

Old guy with a used S Class spotted

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

no whatever it was you said about young people and sex

Apr 7, 2003

i am harry posted:

no whatever it was you said about young people and sex

What's wrong about it?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

What's wrong about it?

"wrong" and "weird" are different things, but you're allowed to be both if you want i guess

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

What's wrong about it?

I think you struck a nerve. The flak is heaviest over the target, etc etc.

You weren't wrong though.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

The young guys with fake rolexes and entry level benzes are loving more than the guys with expensive rolexes and high end benzes and that's why they're mad

i used to have a fake rolex when i was 20. AMA

i stopped wearing it cuz it got scratched and already have a device in my pocket that tells me the time. instead i wore leather wristbands lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
2000s were loving stupid

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
at least i never wore a puking shell necklace cuz i'm not new jersey trash

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
nothing wrong with a watch turning your wrist green

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Considering how few people commonly wear watches these days just wearing a $250 seiko quartz is plenty of wrist bling.

edit - I think the reason luxury watches exploded in price so heavily is they became used as commodities while smartphones killed off the cheap tool watches. (outside of specific vocations where you actually need a mechnical watch, like mining or diving).

While some people were obsessed with cypto and money laundering the pros were trading rolexes and breitlings to make the spin cycle go round.

DancingShade has issued a correction as of 05:55 on Mar 26, 2023

Apr 7, 2003

DancingShade posted:

Considering how few people commonly wear watches these days just wearing a $250 seiko quartz is plenty of wrist bling.

I saw a really cool mantle clock today with an exposed escapement

https://i.imgur.com/QHDDTSg.mp4

It's pretty cool but poo poo like that isn't practical for people like you or me to buy because it needs to be serviced regularly, and so does a mechanical watch movement

When I worked in an office prior to covid I wore a Citizen Eco-Drive. It's been sitting on my window sill for three years and has kept perfect time

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i just tell time based on how much i need a smoke, like a normal person

Apr 7, 2003

It's nice to have a nice watch. Also if you spend thousands on one you should have your head removed.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

FlapYoJacks posted:

Lol the loving judge has been a judge for 1 year

https://ballotpedia.org/Edwin_Chau

lol multiyear school board member, owns own business, former programmer for some reason while also a lawyer, dude is definitely a landlord. just protecting their own, no matter how insane and annoying and late with paperwork your insane landlord is

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Maed posted:

lol multiyear school board member, owns own business, former programmer for some reason while also a lawyer, dude is definitely a landlord. just protecting their own, no matter how insane and annoying and late with paperwork your insane landlord is

Kangaroo court.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If your gold watch doesn't have Mickey Mouse on the dial you may have spent too much.

Apr 7, 2003

FlapYoJacks posted:

got the paperwork from the court. says the same thing on the website with no reason given for us owing the landlady money. We are going to appeal at the advice of our lawyer. What a loving joke.

Your landlady is suffering from obvious brain damage and this is completely mind boggling.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Your landlady is suffering from obvious brain damage and this is completely mind boggling.

I’ll probably just end up paying by sending her a check with a note along the lines of “At least I’m happily married and we now know why you got a divorce and will remain divorced.”

This country is so goddamn stupid.

Apr 7, 2003

FlapYoJacks posted:

I’ll probably just end up paying by sending her a check with a note along the lines of “At least I’m happily married and we now know why you got a divorce and will remain divorced.”

This country is so goddamn stupid.

Honestly you're best off sending her a check for the $300 or whatever it was and not thinking about it anymore. Don't appeal, don't think about it any more than necessary, just send her the $300 the court awarded her and never think about her ever again. The money is nothing to you and it's the biggest win she'll have this year. Let her have her little pathetic win and move on.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
i would still leave poopy on her lawn at the very least.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Honestly you're best off sending her a check for the $300 or whatever it was and not thinking about it anymore. Don't appeal, don't think about it any more than necessary, just send her the $300 the court awarded her and never think about her ever again. The money is nothing to you and it's the biggest win she'll have this year. Let her have her little pathetic win and move on.

Yeah, you’re right. :smith:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Radirot posted:

i would still leave poopy on her lawn at the very least.

Seriously thinking about ordering live termites and letting them loose on the property.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

FlapYoJacks posted:

Seriously thinking about ordering live termites and letting them loose on the property.

hot tip, you can buy thousands of lady bugs at very reasonable prices on amazon

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
hello future court documents

Apr 7, 2003

A Bakers Cousin posted:

He is actually just sending her the money and moving on, as we agreed.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Maed posted:

hot tip, you can buy thousands of lady bugs at very reasonable prices on amazon

Eh, there’s a major ant infestation in the walls and termites are already eating the detached garage. What I should do is call a city inspector.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

A Bakers Cousin posted:

we got a snitch! :siren:

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

FlapYoJacks posted:

Yeah, you’re right. :smith:

I would just think of the money as “gently caress off” money. that’s the price you pay to no longer have this piece of poo poo in your life. the bigger the piece of poo poo, the higher the price.they’re clearly miserable and miserable people just make the lives of others miserable, no matter how righteous your path is when it hits their orbit

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

This. Don't let bitterness consume you, it's never worth it.

Captain Magic posted:

I would just think of the money as “gently caress off” money. that’s the price you pay to no longer have this piece of poo poo in your life. the bigger the piece of poo poo, the higher the price.they’re clearly miserable and miserable people just make the lives of others miserable, no matter how righteous your path is when it hits their orbit

Yes.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Captain Magic posted:

For real I learned a valuable lesson. No matter how much a landlord violates the law, the courts will side with them. They can retaliate against you, refuse to repair the house, destroy their own property, steal your security deposit, violate multiple different laws in text of them saying “get over it” and the court will side with them.

I will live out of my loving car before renting ever again if I have to ever move back to this country.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
ive learned as an adult that often being able to write a check and call it good is a blessing to be embraced

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Hootington, if you so wish, I’ll take the 6er. I deserve it for trying to use the court system against a landowner. I was naive in thinking being middle class and white was enough.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
This saga is why we used to have duels

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

A Bakers Cousin posted:

ive learned as an adult that often being able to write a check and call it good is a blessing to be embraced

I guess it’s a slight win as she originally wanted $3,000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

FlapYoJacks posted:

I will live out of my loving car before renting ever again if I have to ever move back to this country.

Even after winning a lawsuit I had to buy a house because I knew I'd be blackballed from renting for the foreseeable future here