Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
yeah I mean obviously if you cant afford 3 grand or even 300 my advise is bullshit privilege but thats exactly what it is unfortunately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Even after winning a lawsuit I had to buy a house because I knew I'd be blackballed from renting for the foreseeable future here

Yeah. I’m extremely fortunate that I am waiting on a visa to go to Mamma Mia! land. They won’t give a gently caress about a civil suit in the states and rent will be around €300 a month.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

Hootington, if you so wish, I’ll take the 6er. I deserve it for trying to use the court system against a landowner. I was naive in thinking being middle class and white was enough.

nah dont be silly. if anything more people should be trying and then some.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

FlapYoJacks posted:

Yeah. I’m extremely fortunate that I am waiting on a visa to go to Mamma Mia! land. They won’t give a gently caress about a civil suit in the states and rent will be around €300 a month.

If you are moving out of the states just dont pay. Hit da bricks.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

hope everyone is moving their money to a foreign country in exchange for goods and services....

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Just pay the three hundo and be done with it. Do it as a check so there's record of it happening

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Captain Magic posted:

I would just think of the money as “gently caress off” money. that’s the price you pay to no longer have this piece of poo poo in your life. the bigger the piece of poo poo, the higher the price.they’re clearly miserable and miserable people just make the lives of others miserable, no matter how righteous your path is when it hits their orbit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv7GT9HsJZc

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
guess what is on the other side of this legal tender $5 pure silver coin, that costs $279 australian dollars.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mola Yam posted:

guess what is on the other side of this legal tender $5 pure silver coin, that costs $279 australian dollars.

I tap 2 snow covered islands for 2 water mana and cast a counterspell then play the Perth Mint "Robin from Batman" silver coin:

https://www.perthmint.com/shop/collector-coins/coins/2022-faces-of-gotham-robin-shaped-1oz-silver-coin/

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

now take a look at this

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

FlapYoJacks posted:

such a sad, typical end to the saga. but I'm so happy you're getting out. if you ever wanna check out the alps for some hiking or even just sight-seeing hmu. Living well is the best revenge

SARS-Cordyceps
May 15, 2022

by vyelkin

FlapYoJacks posted:

For real I learned a valuable lesson. No matter how much a landlord violates the law, the courts will side with them.

Some courts. Remember there's a random element. Every day is different, every judge or department is different. It's spinning a roulette wheel. I've lost at the wheel, but I've won at it too.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

FlapYoJacks posted:

if you have any actual desire for pettyness, just remember that you're dealing with a delusional landlord who is undoubtedly disappointed at not getting a full judgement in her favor

just because to you know she won more than she deserved, doesn't mean she does, why confirm that victory by showing you're upset

why include an insult with the check when you could present it in a way that implies glee at being able to pay her off with chump change.

put it in a festive envelope, include a lovely $10 gift card to Subway as a consolation prize, be patronizing instead of bitter for the cheaply bought off slumlord

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The337th posted:

put it in a festive envelope, include a lovely $10 gift card to Subway as a consolation prize, be patronizing instead of bitter for the cheaply bought off slumlord

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Mola Yam posted:

I was expecting Trump

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Mola Yam posted:

lmao what the gently caress I thought this was some weird commonwealth inside joke or something

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

The337th posted:

if you have any actual desire for pettyness, just remember that you're dealing with a delusional landlord who is undoubtedly disappointed at not getting a full judgement in her favor

just because to you know she won more than she deserved, doesn't mean she does, why confirm that victory by showing you're upset

why include an insult with the check when you could present it in a way that implies glee at being able to pay her off with chump change.

this. For every bit of legitimate pain/frustration you feel at this result I can confidently say the lady’s brainworms are making her feel ten times as betrayed by the court system for this result.

To her, this moment is a crushing loss of the $10k or whatever she earnestly feels you stole from her, and I promise that she will still be anguishing over this for way longer than you will.

Bill Brasky
Apr 13, 2008

dear landlady,

well that was fun. have a 5 dollar foot long on me. God be with you

blessed

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Bill Brasky posted:

dear landlady,

well that was fun. have a 5 dollar foot long on me. God be with you

blessed

this or the other card thing would be a brilliant gently caress you and take the sting iff of it a bit imo

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
do the appeal. 10k is real money and facts are on your side.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Doomtalker
Dec 10, 2019

It's only 300 now. If the appeal goes poorly it's 10k. Walk away from the table.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

what

quote:

facts are on your side.

where do you live

can I live there

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
some %age of judges have to care (in theory). the judge you got seems like a real climber. roll that dice, win 10,000 dollars.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Dumb watches rule because they look cool, I don’t have to dig out my phone and I don’t have to plug them in every day or two.

They doubly rule if they’re solar.

FlapYoJacks posted:

I’ll probably just end up paying by sending her a check with a note along the lines of “At least I’m happily married and we now know why you got a divorce and will remain divorced.”

This country is so goddamn stupid.

I had a spat with my last (hopefully ever) landlady when we bought our first house, and after a brief back and forth where she took half our deposit without any justification, I decided that 500$ was a small price to pay to never have to interact with her again.

ultimately I know that’s why they are the way they are (just like insurance companies doing blanket denials) but it definitely saved me a lot of inconvenience.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

home ownership has its issues but godspeed to renters these days
i haven't had to deal with a landlord in a decade

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

#vote

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I can't help but feel that the push to get him to lose $10,000 comes from the hope that one of you will loan him the money and be his debt landlord

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The337th posted:

This is a good idea but don't waste $10 on a gift card, just stuff it with coupons from local flyers.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://www.post-gazette.com/business/development/2023/03/26/pittsburgh-downtown-safety-business-golden-triangle-gainey/stories/202303190041

quote:

As Downtown Pittsburgh safety concerns linger, more businesses consider moving on

Businessman Robert Fragasso had planned on downsizing his office space Downtown when his lease on Smithfield Street ends next year.

Now he’s wondering if he wants to be Downtown at all.

“My clients don’t want to come Downtown. My employees don’t want to come Downtown,” said Mr. Fragasso, CEO of Fragasso Financial Advisors. “Why am I spending money to be Downtown?”

Pittsburgh’s central business district is nowhere near as business-friendly as it used to be, according to multiple business owners and workers Downtown. Public and private complaints over safety and an increased sense of lawlessness have continued for months, including during a tense December meeting between Downtown business owners and merchants and officials within Mayor Ed Gainey’s administration.

Gonna be real fuckin funny when it comes out that the recent news and social media blast in favor of banning black and poor people from downtown and putting homeless people in incinerators was astroturfed by commercial landlords.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

https://www.post-gazette.com/business/development/2023/03/26/pittsburgh-downtown-safety-business-golden-triangle-gainey/stories/202303190041

Gonna be real fuckin funny when it comes out that the recent news and social media blast in favor of banning black and poor people from downtown and putting homeless people in incinerators was astroturfed by commercial landlords.

Lmao, you guys don't even get a dicky me's anymore?

https://triblive.com/business/mcdonalds-in-downtown-pittsburgh-to-vacate/

quote:

The last McDonald’s in Downtown Pittsburgh is expected to go dark by the end of April.

The fast food restaurant opted not to renew the lease at the spot on Stanwix Street just outside Market Square.

Apr 7, 2003

It closed because a new company bought the building and jacked the rent up, there isn’t a single fast food place downtown anymore because of the rent increases.

The usual suspects are saying it closed because of homelessness and crime. I worked next door to that McDs for nine years and that wasn’t the problem.

Apr 7, 2003

It’s being replaced by a bank lol

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

It’s being replaced by a bank lol

Let them eat number

Apr 7, 2003

Somehow, all the homelessness and crime which is forcing the McD to close won’t affect PNC Wealth Management at all

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I don’t know specifically about Pittsburgh, but I imagine a lot of the cheap fast food got chased out of most of the major cities in recent years. 10 years ago downtown Chicago McDs prices were like double suburban prices just due to most things being more expensive in the city.

With the crazy price increases in the suburbs, the city prices have to be going up as well. And who wants to spend $20+ (guessing) for lunch at McDs?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Isn't Pittsburgh the home of the famous fake Burger King?

https://twitter.com/ohip13/status/1270010175697674241?t=7IdcQ6gm6Gn0tV8s1vQxZQ&s=19

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

i don’t think landlady is necessarily pissed at only getting $300. wasn’t the countersuit likely a tactical part of her defense to muddy the original actually legitimate suit?

weigh goon opinion 5% and your lawyer who says to appeal opinion 95%

Apr 7, 2003

Yeah, I live like two miles from that place. It’s a real BK again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Appeal Flap. gently caress this lady