Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

God might object.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hell yeah

Came out pretty drat good

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie report: it was good, but nothing more than that. It is a slightly fluffier pudding consistency. There were 10 adults and 2 kids at the gathering, and we still had like a quarter of it left over. But everyone finished their piece. My wife was glad we got it, but at that size we will not likely get it again.

*side note, I picked it up on Wednesday, and served it Saturday. It held up just fine. The graham cracker crust was not soggy, which was about my only fear.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

MarcusSA posted:

Hell yeah

Came out pretty drat good

mighty fine looking meat you got there brother

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Went yesterday, realized the Winix purifiers handled less volume than I thought so ended up getting two. Also got plenty of the simply protein bars while they’re $6 off so there will be much farting in my future, to test the purifiers.

I don’t do so well with a lot of snack stuff nowadays but chicharrons are usually fine, so when I saw they had Tajin flavor ones I knew I had to give it a shot. Pretty decent but a lot of them are either intensely salty or salty enough that the lime/acid flavoring makes them seem too salty. Still gonna finish the bag way faster than I should though.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

I have been trying to justify a reason to go to Costco lately (no real need right now, pantry is full, want to spend less money). Husband is interested in the Lovesac Sactional sets they have, and today is the last day of the Lovesac road show at one of the Costcos near us, so we are taking a field trip today!

We love the Lovesac brand and have one of the Sacs in our home office. Does anyone have experience with the Sactional? Especially the Costco sets.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Ayndin posted:

Also got plenty of the simply protein bars while they’re $6 off so there will be much farting in my future, to test the purifiers.

That reminds me, is there a consensus on the best protein bars at Costco? I know I've seen more than one discussion on this topic saying "x are inedible" and "y are great", but can't recall any specifics.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I think the FitCrunch ones are tastiest, but they're definitely not the lowest calorie or highest protein

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Soul Dentist posted:

I think the FitCrunch ones are tastiest, but they're definitely not the lowest calorie or highest protein

Yeah. Pure Protein and Kirkland have the best stats that I've seen.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

BeastOfExmoor posted:

That reminds me, is there a consensus on the best protein bars at Costco? I know I've seen more than one discussion on this topic saying "x are inedible" and "y are great", but can't recall any specifics.

The Kirkland protein bars have the best protein macro/calorie of all the bars. They’ve also got significant amounts of fiber. They definitely are more “protein bar” consistency though.

FitCrunch are the tastiest but more like a candy bar that happens to be high in protein.

The rest are all fine but tend to not be as high in protein or have more than 200 calories per bar.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
FitCrunch is by far the best protein bar I've ever had and the macros are excellent so it does make me a bit suspicious.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Okay, partner and I are going to start Keto soon. Any recommendations thread for good Keto poo poo at Costco?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
They might have a book on how to lose weight via normal diet and exercise.

Other than that, they have Kerrygold butter.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I have been trying to justify a reason to go to Costco lately (no real need right now, pantry is full, want to spend less money). Husband is interested in the Lovesac Sactional sets they have, and today is the last day of the Lovesac road show at one of the Costcos near us, so we are taking a field trip today!

We love the Lovesac brand and have one of the Sacs in our home office. Does anyone have experience with the Sactional? Especially the Costco sets.

We bought a Sactional when we got the house in 2018, did not buy it from Costco though. The seat cushions have held up great. The back cushions could stand to be refluffed, but are holding up well. The cats like them sunken down, and the kids keep building forts. Fabric seems to have held up well to cats, though I really, really need to uncover them and wash the sections. I've done the seats before and it's fine, the armrests are going to be more work. The crevasses catch a lot of crumbs, but you can easily disconnect them to get the vacuum in there.

I would pretty confidently buy it again. My in laws moved nearby and they're probably going with a sactional for the basement based on how ours has held up.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
We got a Costco deal on our Sactional in 2020. It’s spendy but I’d do it again. They’re built like tanks. I’ve written extensively about love sacs in this very thread, so maybe try clicking the thing that shows my posts here?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Ayndin posted:

Went yesterday, realized the Winix purifiers handled less volume than I thought so ended up getting two.

Folks, please, you don't need to spend all that money:

$27 - Box fan, 20-inches: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lasko-20-in-3-Speed-White-Box-Fan-with-Save-Smart-Technology-for-Energy-Efficiency-B20201/203072133

$23 - FPR 10 filter, 20x20: https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-20-in-x-20-in-x-1-in-Premium-Pleated-Air-Filter-FPR-10-HDX1P10-012020/315964939

$10 - get you four of these bungies: https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-48-in-Jumbo-Bungee-1-Pack-JBS48JUM/312600189

Put those together and you've got a $60 air purifier that quietly pushes a fuckton of volume and lasts like 6 months before you swap the filter. Look at how much poo poo I took out of the air:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Costco protein bars are basically the toughest food I ever ate even ignoring the taste.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

This pie is $20.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

rodbeard posted:

Costco protein bars are basically the toughest food I ever ate even ignoring the taste.

The chocolate brownie flavor is completely disgusting. As for the rest of them, none are particularly nice.

Catpants McStabby
Jul 10, 2001

seriously, :wtc:

Soul Dentist posted:

We aim for these as great stats aren't great if they taste like rear end.
Also, they have 5 hour knock offs for pretty cheap and one case lasts for like 3 months.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Pennywise the Frown posted:

FitCrunch is by far the best protein bar I've ever had and the macros are excellent so it does make me a bit suspicious.

These give me mondo gas

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Zero VGS posted:

$27 - Box fan, 20-inches: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lasko-20-in-3-Speed-White-Box-Fan-with-Save-Smart-Technology-for-Energy-Efficiency-B20201/203072133

$23 - FPR 10 filter, 20x20: https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-20-in-x-20-in-x-1-in-Premium-Pleated-Air-Filter-FPR-10-HDX1P10-012020/315964939

$10 - get you four of these bungies: https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-48-in-Jumbo-Bungee-1-Pack-JBS48JUM/312600189

Put those together and you've got a $60 air purifier that quietly pushes a fuckton of volume and lasts like 6 months before you swap the filter. Look at how much poo poo I took out of the air:

there's a supersize version of that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corsi-Rosenthal_Box

Intended for COVID, became super useful for the California Wildfires Of 2020.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

SirPablo posted:

These give me mondo gas

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Zero VGS posted:

Yeah I’ll just stick with my Winix lmao

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SirPablo posted:

These give me mondo gas

Probably sugar alcohols or something. I took these fiber gummies (from costco I believe) for a while and they kept giving me intestinal pain and the shits. I think it was someone on SA that mentioned it was probably not the fiber but the sugar alcohols. That's anecdotal but I switched to the Kirkland brand of benefiber for while and that was essentially Jesus healing my guts.

I have destroyed them again though since.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

The three pack of Boursin cheese was a good buy but eating an entire cheese in one sitting was a bad idea. No regrets though.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Probably sugar alcohols or something. I took these fiber gummies (from costco I believe) for a while and they kept giving me intestinal pain and the shits. I think it was someone on SA that mentioned it was probably not the fiber but the sugar alcohols. That's anecdotal but I switched to the Kirkland brand of benefiber for while and that was essentially Jesus healing my guts.

I have destroyed them again though since.

I’m constantly ripping and farting rear end

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

redreader posted:

The chocolate brownie flavor is completely disgusting. As for the rest of them, none are particularly nice.

Chocolate peanut butter > cookie dough > brownie > cookies and cream

Stick the cookies and cream in a microwave for 10-15 seconds. Really ups its game.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
PBUC

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Welcome back friend.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Dick Fontaine posted:

The three pack of Boursin cheese was a good buy but eating an entire cheese in one sitting was a bad idea. No regrets though.

Oh god. Cat Cora has this mac n' cheese recipe that uses three packs of Boursin cheese. It was really good but then gave me the worst gastrointestinal distress I've ever had in my life. And my dumb rear end had to test scientifically if it was the macaroni and cheese or not, so then I ate it again, and the explosive shits happened again.

I'm suspicious of food poisoning since my wife cooked it and she's a terrible cook, but there was nothing to cross contaminate, the only wildcard was that cheese. Took me a solid six months to not dry heave at the sight of mac and cheese and another 6 oh top of that to actually eat it again. Haven't been brave enough to try Boursin cheese since.

There's always a block of Costco Dubliner in my house though.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

He is risen.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I love getting my gas tank filled at costco

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

He has risen! :worship:

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Only limp dick losers stay perma banned

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ANYWAYS I went to Costco yesterday and they finally, finally have these bad boys back in stock after like, 6+ months where I couldn't find them.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Zero VGS posted:

Lol

I highly doubt that is equivalent to an Actual Air Purifier but you do you

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
The box thingy made with 5 of them someone posted above is apparently legit and despite the cost competes with commercial equipment.

The single filter attached to a fan probably struggles with airflow

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

pencilhands posted:

I love getting my gas tank filled at costco

Costco: all holes filled