Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

It's okay, I was already adding it to my drinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

shackleford posted:

tbf "methyl methacrylate" sounds made up

stop doing chemistry

polyvinyl chloride is not a real thing, that is a plastic pipe
who ever needs ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid??
"please give me cyclohexane solution in methyl tert-butyl ether" - a requestonly made by the utterly DERANGED

the chemists have played us all for absolute fools

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

a bunch of tiny carbons in funny shapes have just fallen into the river, don’t worry happens all the time

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

A Bakers Cousin posted:

hello future court documents

let it be known to the court that i am gay

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Jel Shaker posted:

a bunch of tiny carbons in funny shapes have just fallen into the river, don’t worry happens all the time

carbon comes from the earth and the earth is all natural

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

"Organic" means carbon-based, so these are perfectly natural.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

flapyojacks if you're leaving the country anyway why pay at all

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

"Organic" means carbon-based, so these are perfectly natural.

Gunshow Poophole posted:

the chemists have played us all for absolute fools

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

nothing will make a landlord more insane getting getting less money than they wanted and the person is in another continent I have done it before

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

also never pay your last month or two of rent when a security deposit is on the line lmao

Morbus
May 18, 2004

FlapYoJacks posted:

After sleeping on it I still agree with tired me last night that I am going to pay the $375.

edit: I am going to hike around Mt Rainier today and be happy knowing that the landlord lady will be miserable today and every day for the rest of her miserable sad life.

The others are correct in this thread. She’s probably extremely angry at the judgement and genuinely believes we owe her $14,500 and the court system hosed over the little landlord again!!!

imo

1.) it's really common in small claims to get a split the baby judgement and then get a legally reasonable one after appeal

2.) it is virtually impossible you will ever be asked to pay anything remotely approaching what the landlady thinks you owe

3.) your lawyer is going to give you better legal advice than this thread

that said, it's 300 bucks so who really cares

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Surrendering to the landlord is exactly what the system wants you to do.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Antonymous posted:

also never pay your last month or two of rent when a security deposit is on the line lmao

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Oops

https://twitter.com/financialjuice/status/1640011409617453060?s=46&t=eipIP3Brnxp68_hpF9XuGA
https://twitter.com/deitaone/status/1640011068553527297?s=46&t=eipIP3Brnxp68_hpF9XuGA

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Yeah but couldn't a rival landlord just roll in and start slaughtering peasants as an act of war? Wasn't that the whole dynamic of warfare at the time was to kill "enemy" peasants to ruin their economy?

Yes but it was considered rude

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

is the lawyer free? if not, that should be factored into the appeal analysis. no clue how good/reputable the lawyer is, but they could be in it for fees. but if the lawyer fees are taken care of somehow, there’s no real downside to an appeal.

could you just stiff her on the 300? I mean it’ll probably cost her more than $300 just to go through the trouble of collect on it, but not sure if you’re concerned about about your credit rating taking a hit or not.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

nigel thornberry posted:

is the lawyer free? if not, that should be factored into the appeal analysis. no clue how good/reputable the lawyer is, but they could be in it for fees. but if the lawyer fees are taken care of somehow, there’s no real downside to an appeal.

could you just stiff her on the 300? I mean it’ll probably cost her more than $300 just to go through the trouble of collect on it, but not sure if you’re concerned about about your credit rating taking a hit or not.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Kinda love that the CDOs this time are just treasury bonds.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/eth_limo/status/1640011448012120067

eth.lmao

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

Surrendering to the landlord is exactly what the system wants you to do.

The system also has a gun to your head

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Morbus posted:

imo

1.) it's really common in small claims to get a split the baby judgement and then get a legally reasonable one after appeal

2.) it is virtually impossible you will ever be asked to pay anything remotely approaching what the landlady thinks you owe

3.) your lawyer is going to give you better legal advice than this thread

that said, it's 300 bucks so who really cares

yeah before admitting defeat at least run your appeal concerns past your lawyer

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

oooo a commercial real estate losses mention. was wondering when that would finally bubble up.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

nigel thornberry posted:

An appeal can still backfire if the judge forces you to pay.

Cpt_Obvious has issued a correction as of 22:35 on Mar 26, 2023

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Listen to your lawyer, a completely different idiot that went to the same school as the judge.

These are two different morons who ended up on different teams from a school yard pick.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
this case serves no other purpose except to help political elites destroy and cover up incriminating evidence in the future

https://twitter.com/Lepvelx/status/1639429235231137794?t=7eGz2LcMQmLA_A81Wqb3YQ&s=19

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 22:44 on Mar 26, 2023

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

this case serves no other purpose except to help political elites destroy and cover up incriminating evidence

https://twitter.com/Lepvelx/status/1639429235231137794?t=7eGz2LcMQmLA_A81Wqb3YQ&s=19

preserving the internet lmao. Pull the plug on this fuckin thing it sucks

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Internet archive of scum and villainy

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

punished milkman posted:

preserving the internet lmao. Pull the plug on this fuckin thing it sucks

"Long-awaited copyright case" who the the gently caress wanted this, besides some crackhead underpaid Heritage Foundation Intern?!:bang:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
my impotent nerdrage is immeasurable and my Sunday is ruined

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I'm fine with it. Burn it down salt the routers

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/Forge_Thought/status/1639496822199828480?t=TjhvTUWosY55G-sT4dwAFA&s=19

https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/1639481765608734720?t=nr5Y7fXLpJWs5pdwvNC6Vw&s=19

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

this is why nyc bought a ton of land in the highlands of its watershed and built a giant system of gravity filled reservoirs and aqueducts so that it could not worry about drinking industrialized river water. the delaware was significantly less polluted in its past than the hudson afaik but it seems bad for a major modern city on the lower course of a river with hundreds of possible contamination vectors to just slurp out of their river for drinking water idk im no engineer

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

thats very funny because those are the only four publishers

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

Your landlord can't levy you to fight in a private war against his brother-in-law,

Yet

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I’ll still run it by our lawyer. Because he can’t legally represent us in court in California, his fees were upfront and one time only. He’s not in it for extra cash monies.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

"Long-awaited copyright case" who the the gently caress wanted this, besides some crackhead underpaid Heritage Foundation Intern?!:bang:

check the name of the account that posted that tweet and think really hard about what kind of biases "publishers weekly" might have :thunk:

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Wait so I don’t understand the internet archive case. Wasn’t it already illegal to give out copyrighted material like books online?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

FlapYoJacks posted:

I’ll still run it by our lawyer. Because he can’t legally represent us in court in California, his fees were upfront and one time only. He’s not in it for extra cash monies.

real goons NEVER stop digging

:justpost: how deep your hole is

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Delta-Wye posted:

real goons NEVER stop digging

:justpost: how deep your hole is

The hole isn’t that deep. We’ve paid the lawyer a few hundred bucks for filing and advice fees. You have to represent yourself in small claims court in California, so it’s not like they can charge for court appearances or anything. :shrug:

I’m not digging. I said I would ask him for more details and questions to really make sure we fully understand the risk/reward ratio for appealing is all. If the risk is too high we will walk away and just pay the insane landlady.

FlapYoJacks has issued a correction as of 23:20 on Mar 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

galagazombie posted:

Wait so I don’t understand the internet archive case. Wasn’t it already illegal to give out copyrighted material like books online?

Internet Archive says there is a physical library with their books in it and users cant rent books they don't have. the publishers say they used to have the physical books, but don't anymore. it's kind of like stablecoins in a way.