Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

but eGeez connects Brands with Licensees, do you want to buy counterfeit spiderman underwear!?!??!?!?!?!?!

What if Nathen personally visits you and measures your inside leg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah, I’m kinda tired of Eegeez. The only funny part about it is that no one knows what it is supposed to do (including Nathen)

You realize the monkeys paw you just wished on means episode 4 of Nathfield is coming out this week and you’ll have to listen to it and writ out the synopsis here.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

I hate it when I get home and realize I once again accidentally bought knockoff Spooder-Min underpants. Oh, Geez!

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

EEKA GEEK posted:

I think he sees empty stores in Dubai like The Disney Store and The Funko Pop Store that by their nature only sell licensed products and thinks they are empty because prospective customers (the fact that), spend their Disney/Funko budget at Walmart

Adding to that I think he clearly considers licensed merch a monolith. I.e., thinks people go to malls specifically thinking ‘I want to Shop For Branded Merchandise’ and wander around til they buy something, anything—as opposed to going to specific brand stores or going to look at a license heavy product like funko with specific preferences. (Ed for clarity— yeah of course people go to a mall to aimlessly shop, but I’m comfortable asserting that nobody is out there shopping for Branded Merch and doesn’t care if it’s Calvin, Far Side, Loony Toons, Disney, or Peanuts on it)

That’s absurd of course but nothing else explains why he thinks someone after authentic Brand stuff would go anywhere but that brand’s in house shop.

This is extra absurd because he’s a garf fetishist so he ought to understand people have preferences.

the yeti fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 26, 2023

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
If eGeez actually launches I will buy something from it :toxx:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Big City Drinkin posted:

He's gonna personally call you that he can't ship outside of the Toronto area

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Mozi posted:

Spiderman

You got it :ocelot:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

Paul McGrath, retail and merchandising expert, having held executive roles at Sears, Zellers, Dollar Tree, Rogers — The Shopping Channel, Loblaws and Giant Tiger, said: “Egeez will transform the retail industry for licensed consumer products. No more endless aisles searching, retailers have a limited amount of space they are willing to give to licensed goods. Egeez has no limitations on space, products, or licenses. The Egeez model is exactly what manufacturers, distributors and consumers are looking for. — no more listing fees or other costs pass on to the consumer. Egeez can also reach quality consumers actually looking for just licensed products. Target Marketing at its finest.”

I was curious so I did some quick googling. Paul McGrath is the name of a soccer player, and also an actor, but any reference to a Paul McGrath having worked at any of these places is only mentioned in two places: a licensing.biz fluff piece for Egeez, and the Egeez Twitter account. I'm pretty sure this Paul McGrath doesn't exist, which would explain why he sounds exactly like Nathen. Also why what he says is nonsense in general.

Retailers have a limited amount of space they're willing to give goods, period. The way it's phrased makes it sound like stores are going "We're going to limit the licensed goods to just half a shelf, the other three and a half shelves will be the knockoffs and unlicensed goods." Retailers aren't refusing to stock licensed goods because knockoffs are cheaper or whatever, it's based on "I think I'm going to sell a ton of Star Wars toys so I want half the aisle to be those, the new MLP toys don't seem to be selling well so we'll just give them this small area here."

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

this fucker got something counterfeit on ebay and now he thinks hes amazon

lmfao

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Twelve by Pies posted:

I was curious so I did some quick googling. Paul McGrath is the name of a soccer player, and also an actor, but any reference to a Paul McGrath having worked at any of these places is only mentioned in two places: a licensing.biz fluff piece for Egeez, and the Egeez Twitter account. I'm pretty sure this Paul McGrath doesn't exist, which would explain why he sounds exactly like Nathen. Also why what he says is nonsense in general.

Retailers have a limited amount of space they're willing to give goods, period. The way it's phrased makes it sound like stores are going "We're going to limit the licensed goods to just half a shelf, the other three and a half shelves will be the knockoffs and unlicensed goods." Retailers aren't refusing to stock licensed goods because knockoffs are cheaper or whatever, it's based on "I think I'm going to sell a ton of Star Wars toys so I want half the aisle to be those, the new MLP toys don't seem to be selling well so we'll just give them this small area here."

What better way to sell an anti-counterfeiting platform than with a counterfeit spokesperson

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

BigBadSteve posted:

What if Nathen personally visits you and measures your inside leg

and he does it with the same passion and spark in his eye as that garf kissing video

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

MassRafTer posted:

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1639527293038088195

For anyone who wants to continue to wonder how eGeez is not a middleman.

Using a photo of old fast food toys he got from a junk shop as marketing content, how…on-brand.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

so nathans master plan is an app to sell toys. it's a shame he squandered the garfield license by trying to gently caress the orange cat or he could be the youngest ever garfield toy seller entrepreneur.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Agent Escalus posted:

Using a photo of old fast food toys he got from a junk shop as marketing content, how…on-brand.

He did manage to sneak a Garfield in there though

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EEKA GEEK posted:

I think I see the problem. He spends his days wandering a ghost mall, little more than a hungry ghost himself. I think he sees empty stores in Dubai like The Disney Store and The Funko Pop Store that by their nature only sell licensed products and thinks they are empty because prospective customers spend their Disney/Funko budget at Walmart, who speculatively neither licenses products themselves nor has agreements with licensors preventing unlicensed goods from being sold. Therefore it’s these alleged contraband goods that are putting a dent in the license holders profits, because the people buying them are uncultured swine who don’t know or don’t care that they’re actually buying Dasney and Funco Peps. And apparently this is the great crisis of the 21st century. That money belongs to Disney, dammit! :mad:

Oh God, this is it isn't it? He saw a guy hawking fake Rolexes in a street market and thinks that's how every shop that isn't directly owned by Disney or whatever works. That explains his ranting about "generic products".

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

EEKA GEEK posted:

I think I see the problem. He spends his days wandering a ghost mall, little more than a hungry ghost himself. I think he sees empty stores in Dubai like The Disney Store and The Funko Pop Store that by their nature only sell licensed products and thinks they are empty because prospective customers spend their Disney/Funko budget at Walmart, who speculatively neither licenses products themselves nor has agreements with licensors preventing unlicensed goods from being sold. Therefore it’s these alleged contraband goods that are putting a dent in the license holders profits, because the people buying them are uncultured swine who don’t know or don’t care that they’re actually buying Dasney and Funco Peps. And apparently this is the great crisis of the 21st century. That money belongs to Disney, dammit! :mad:

This is my most charitable interpretation by far, that he thinks he has discovered some inefficiency in the profit structure for license holders. However his solution also makes no sense since it can only reduce profits for the them because egeez just gets in the way and doesn’t actually create any value in the service it’s providing. If there was any value at all to this, any of the companies could employ such a thing themselves at no charge. And they essentially do with their own websites and online stores! Most consumer products can still be purchased and sold directly from manufacturers or from established/respected stores (often brands and household names in their own right) essentially acting as official “dealers” for those products. They make it as easy as possible because want you to buy their stuff. Given that none of what Nathen has proposed is innovative or profitable I think he thought he could make money from striking deals with a handful of the larger IP owners and live off some form of royalties from sales.

Seemingly, the main thing Nathen is good at inventing is jobs for himself that make him sound important and allow him to live high on the hog while everyone else does the actual work. Concerningly, not content with being simply an eccentric orange-suited figurehead, the jobs he gives himself also vest in him large amounts of actual authority and control over other peoples duties and employment. When I think of the anti homeless screeds in particular, perhaps he sees those people as not contributing anything useful to society whatsoever.

It’s always projection, isn’t it?

No, as countless other posts have stated, it's not projection or any other form of cognizant process. It's nothing. It's buzzwords in the void. Stop trying to suss out purpose even when the hope of some sort of his verbal meandering seems to give a glint of sense. It's just...

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
My favourite bit about eGeez is how Nathan thinks regular stores will have to put up placards in their Disney and Spiderman sections (as those are definitely a thing) saying that they don't sell those products anymore but people should order them on eGeez.

It's quite something that he doesn't even know how shops work.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

not a bot posted:

My favourite bit about eGeez is how Nathan thinks regular stores will have to put up placards in their Disney and Spiderman sections (as those are definitely a thing) saying that they don't sell those products anymore but people should order them on eGeez.

Did he say that? :piss:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

lmao. Hoping it might get name dropped in a "sorry we're out of this now" placard, maybe, but I know retail establishments love having floor space dedicated to advertising competitors!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I love when posters try to find meaning in Natfield's buzzword salads. It's like watching copromancy. Very entergaging.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
The words of Paul McGrath however, carry grave meaning and depth.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Escape From Noise posted:

I love when posters try to find meaning in Natfield's buzzword salads. It's like watching copromancy. Very entergaging.

It feels like I'm trying to decode the Voynich Manuscript. You end up going so deep trying to find meaning that isn't there that you unwittingly produce an analysis that would make John Blythe Barrymore vomit in horror.

For some reason though I'm really tickled by not just this line of questioning, but the way the response is formatted from Google:

quote:

Who is our favorite lasagna loving cat?
We have 1 answer for the crossword clue (k) Lasagna loving cat of the comics. Possible Answers: GARFIELD.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

No, as countless other posts have stated, it's not projection or any other form of cognizant process. It's nothing. It's buzzwords in the void. Stop trying to suss out purpose even when the hope of some sort of his verbal meandering seems to give a glint of sense. It's just...

I'm just trying to figure out the initial stimuli that sends the Nathen algorithm into entergagement. I still think it's possible to determine the initial conditions even if chaos theory means we can't map out the subsequent events.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1639528410673283073

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

When you really think about it, the real heroes are the brave men and women out there selling us branded horseshit that we don't need.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Mar 27, 2023

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

the xxxl tag lmao

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1632161312850563076

I'm guessing that this chocolate is probably very old and covered with that gross white bloom substance :mad:

Also, what could you even order that that would be the gift with purchase??

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Big City Drinkin posted:

Enjoy your authentic, licensed sand.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Licensees are the true heroes

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MrQwerty posted:

Licensees are the true heroes

This App is dedicated to the brave licensees of the Garfield Resistance.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Enjoy your authentic, licensed sand.

Woah. Deep cut.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Woah. Deep cut.

I regularly forget the birthdays of friends and family members, but I will never forget my GarfieldEats history.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

actually, when i do think of it, licensees of garfield merchandising really is the only thing that's kept garfield relevant for the last thirty years.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Woah. Deep cut.

I missed it, what’s the sand reference ?

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Agent Escalus posted:

50/50 stolen stock photo vs him actually having a big pile of happy meal toys

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

I'm way too out of it to search for the posts ATM, but from what I remember Nathen put a giant Garf plush for sale online, a fan bought it, and Nathen kept the plush and sent them a box full of sand.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Duckman2008 posted:

CodfishCartographer posted:

I don't think it was a costume he made out with, but a giant stuffed garf plush.

Youtuber Quentin Reviews went on a journey trying to get one of them from Nathen, who tried to send him a box of sand instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoVa0Hi1rOg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpwJgRWkIUY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
While this thread has been bashing eGeez Nathen is out there posting logically.

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1639734338391506944