Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This whole country was built on an Indian burial ground and is deeply, thoroughly cursed to the bone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Phew, I escaped that school shooting by running away over the collapsing bridge. Boy am I thirsty, let me just get a drink from this water fountain.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Thinking about that Filipino engineer that started here 7 months ago and one of the perks of living in the usa according to him was "access to potable water".

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

sullat posted:

Ugh, but you have to live in East Wenatchee

Quiet, we don't want any more Seattle techbros learning about the airport.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

PoundSand posted:

tbh it's kind of surprising more tech people haven't done that. People talk a big game about how city life gives them so much more access to x/y/z and they're not wrong but do most of em actually utilize it? Is some microsoft computer toucher really crawling bars on cap hill , hitting up live performances, reveling in the arts and culture available? Or are they just wfh/commuting to wherever in the GSA they could get property for a bit cheaper and living almost identically to people from smaller cities, putting all their fun money into deliveries and downloads. I grew up in and live a couple hours from seattle and could if I felt like it just take a long weekend there with the wife once in a while and that'd still be more engagement with the city proper than most of my friends who still live there. The person that truly takes advantage of metro life like it's some sort of sitcom feels like a unicorn, you don't have the money when you have the youth and you don't have the youth when you have the money.

My brother works for a major tech company and has been wfh for years and finally just pulled the trigger on moving and buying a house cause it's not like he used the city he lived in much anyways and the absurd rent was just pissing away money. It seems like the natural move for the bulk of people.

This is where I’m at. I realized that a combo of post-pandemic agoraphobia, post-pandemic prices, and just getting older means that I don’t take advantage of city life anymore.

So, I’ve started looking at property near where I grew up. 4 bed/3 bath on 5 wooded acres with a pond for 350K is very doable. I’d be within an hour to 2 hour drive of some major metros for “civilization” when I want to see a show or go to a museum, make a weekend out of it.

I still have friends and family back there, so my social life won’t suffer horribly, and even though it’s the chudlands, I’m planning on being the mean old man in the house in the woods who doesn’t talk to his neighbors anyway.

Not ready to pull the trigger yet, but it’s an understandable move.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Oh so next you're going to tell me that the consolidation of capital is some sort of natural trend!?

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/BaileyHurleyVNL/status/1640379798437412877
the trains are striking

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

navyjack posted:

This is where I’m at. I realized that a combo of post-pandemic agoraphobia, post-pandemic prices, and just getting older means that I don’t take advantage of city life anymore.

So, I’ve started looking at property near where I grew up. 4 bed/3 bath on 5 wooded acres with a pond for 350K is very doable. I’d be within an hour to 2 hour drive of some major metros for “civilization” when I want to see a show or go to a museum, make a weekend out of it.

I still have friends and family back there, so my social life won’t suffer horribly, and even though it’s the chudlands, I’m planning on being the mean old man in the house in the woods who doesn’t talk to his neighbors anyway.

Not ready to pull the trigger yet, but it’s an understandable move.

I'm in the middle of doing this. Used to live in the heart of downtown and I absolutely loved it in my 20s, and steadily grew to hate it in my 30s (the city got a lot worse too, it wasn't just me that changed).

Last year I bought 4 acres in the middle of nowhere at the south end of the Appalachian Mountains.

People have warned me about chuds, and there's definitely plenty there, but it's also just a different culture overall. The surrounding area used to be a factory town and the factory up and left several decades ago. These people had to genuinely rely on each other to survive and there's an actual spirit of community that has survived with it.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

:lol:

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The freedom to decide which tainted water I will drink. America is the best.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/NBCNewYork/status/1640391691654905866?s=20

Are we already at the krokodil stage of failing empire?

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Danny LaFever posted:

The freedom to decide which tainted water I will drink. America is the best.

come to Newark our water only has lead in it

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Casey Finnigan posted:

come to Newark our water only has lead in it

the sweet taste of freedom

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

:911:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Spaced God posted:

this has been a problem in philly for months now

it's very bad

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

cancer water and limbs rotting off

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

Spaced God posted:

This is quoted in the article, another what the gently caress

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/woman-in-quintuple-nj-mall-overdose-dies-2-arrested-source/4174581/

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
that's great it starts with a
train break
Limbs rot off from xylazine
Lenny Bruce is not Afraid

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Father Wendigo posted:

Delaware River Update: Everything is fine and back to normal until 11:59 pm EST tonight.

https://twitter.com/GrimKim/status/1640378021843460099?t=9uX4ozw3z4aITAwsu3Iu0g&s=19

ill wait until the photo op of the local lawmaker taking a sip.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

train break
Lenny Bruce is not Afraid

and i feel fine!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Spaced God posted:

Have been for some time.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
it's time to legalize cocaine again

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's truly some resident evil poo poo and a ton of the fentanyl is laced with this stuff now. it is really not an exaggeration how large a crisis it is

EXTREMELY NSFL, DO NOT LOOK, I AM EVEN MAKING IT NON-CLICKABLE

https: //www.reddit.com/r/TerrifyingAsFuck/comments/11a3owr/xylazineinduced_tranq_skin_ulcers/

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

it's time to legalize cocaine again

i mean if we're gonna have all the other parts of the fuckin gilded age can we at least start buying heroin at pharmacies again to treat our coughs?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQeezCdF4mk

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

everything is going to banned

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

triple sulk posted:

it's truly some resident evil poo poo and a ton of the fentanyl is laced with this stuff now. it is really not an exaggeration how large a crisis it is

EXTREMELY NSFL, DO NOT LOOK, I AM EVEN MAKING IT NON-CLICKABLE

https: //www.reddit.com/r/TerrifyingAsFuck/comments/11a3owr/xylazineinduced_tranq_skin_ulcers/

My kid got these in there Skittles!!!!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nonsense posted:

everything is going to banned

everything but weed that has been altered by monsanto to keep you sleepy and inactive but not curious or introspective

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Weird, the landlord was still alive at the end of this tweet. I'm confused?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

is pepsi ok posted:

Oh look, our many crises are starting to overlap.

Probably fine tho.

At an accelerated rate even

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

lol this dumbass country is going to run out of trains becasue they all derailed

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
it's gotta be possible for trains to derail less often than this right

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Paradoxish posted:

it's gotta be possible for trains to derail less often than this right

no, better things are not possible

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Can we just go back to letting doctors prescribe the gently caress out of pharmaceutical grade opiods instead of killer street drugs without any lab testing?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

we built up our train infrastructure tiles about 200 turns ago, its already been built. spent 10,000 gold on about 63 infrastructure tiles. dont need to build any more or even click teh square anymore, already done. just a bunch of bad rolls imo, maybe due to buttigeig's low administrator skill

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

triple sulk posted:

this has been a problem in philly for months now

it's very bad

yeah this poo poo is everywhere here and it is awful

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

This whole country was built on an Indian burial ground and is deeply, thoroughly cursed to the bone.

America is not a young land it is old and dirty and evil, before the settlers, before the Indians. The evil is there waiting.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
has the biden admin tried to gently caress over more railway workers? that may be a good idea to fix the economy and the trains.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

train break
At least we're not in quarantine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"that's great it starts with a
train break