Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?

Arivia posted:

subtractem is one step ahead of you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjXFpfXX8Nc

This is pretty good.
I have been trying it out as with the sandstorm hat from sanctum going away I wont be able to do hexblast mines.
Unless sandstorm hat doesn't go away i'll most likely do this as it feels nice in the campaign at the moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sandstorm hat is going away

Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?

euphronius posted:

Sandstorm hat is going away

They still have time to rectify this mistake

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Excited for new poe content after being inundated with d4 news. :tbear:

EA ballista is so good that, assuming its not nerfed, i feel like its be dumb to not start with it. Especially considering that it was previously meta, maybe itll be cheaper to gear this league.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
All the Sanctum uniques are going away, which I think is a bit dumb, honestly. Fine, maybe drop Original Sin, but Sandstorm Visage and Eternal Damnation and the Balance of Terror are pretty cool. I really liked having a jewel for Wither on my chaos builds, gave access to it that would have been a huge pain to get otherwise.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

More questions:. How lucrative is deep delving in 2023, and can you league start a deep delving character or do most of those require a bit more than what most league starters bring.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Is deep delving actually worth it beyond wherever the nodes get optimized in frequency? I think you don't actually get more stuff at extreme depths vs quickly destroying stuff close to 1000?

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Sylink posted:

Is deep delving actually worth it beyond wherever the nodes get optimized in frequency? I think you don't actually get more stuff at extreme depths vs quickly destroying stuff close to 1000?

I run delve because it is some of the most funnest content to me. There is money to be made, but my experience is that delve isn’t (typically) going to be the ~~optimum~~ way to make fat stacks of currency. But, i delve around my character build’s capabilities rather than create a character built around running delve.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Cool video by havoc about the friendly fire race and some of the strats that were used. I'm surprised that thorns actually worked and bypassed the friendly fire restriction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOAnqJSZfn4

One of the people with the max spell block tempest shield team he mentions have a short video here, but it is very bright to look at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5cDSCekO-k

J
Jun 10, 2001

Delve city spawn rate increases up until 500 depth and then stops. Boss spawn rate in a given city continues to increase beyond 500 depth, and I am not sure if that has a cap. Somewhere around 350-400ish depth you start seeing rare fossil nodes more often, and I don't know how that continues to scale with depth. But once you start going deeper than 500 depth the difficulty increases more quickly than the profitability, if that makes sense. In one of the delve reworks a while ago they changed azurite scaling so that it doesn't scale with depth anywhere near as much as it did in delve's original version. If your character is good enough to be blasting deep delve you can almost certainly make more money doing some other strategy instead.

Delve profitability varies a lot from league to league. 1 socket resonators are 300 azurite from Niko, and tend to bounce between 1-2c each although sometimes when fossil crafting is popular and nobody is delving they can spike up to 3c. The vaal boss has 2 good drops - doryani's machinarium and the piece to make the trialmaster map. The lich boss doesn't drop poo poo unless you want to gamble on him dropping one of those rings that can be turned into precursor's emblem and even that is a gamble. Aul has multiple good drops. Aul amulet varies in value quite a bit depending on if any popular build wants it. This league poison SRS was super popular so aul amulet was really expensive.

Something else to look out for are those nodes that drop items with delve specific mods. The elemental nodes, the minion nodes, etc. Some of these can be valuable as a crafting project, but also there is a rare chance the delve mod drops as a fractured mod. Find a good one of those and congrats you just made all of the money.

For common fossils, save them up and sell in bulk. Or sometimes you can harvest reroll the most common ones into less common ones and profit.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
You can also sell delve boss portals in leagues where a delve boss is a challenge, for pretty solid amounts of currency later in a league, but there really isn't a way to know before the league starts whether that's gonna be a thing and also it's no use at league start when you need the money the most.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Bugsy posted:

One of the people with the max spell block tempest shield team he mentions have a short video here, but it is very bright to look at.

"Salutations Exile"

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1640439319059136513

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
lol if this makes the price of divs go up

Welcome change though

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

dyzzy posted:

lol if this makes the price of divs go up

This will honestly be fascinating to watch.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m going to overpay for a lot of trades next league

J
Jun 10, 2001

Sanctum supplied a lot of raw divines. If the crucible mechanic supplies fewer divines with no other supply changes, divines will cost more chaos and everyone will immediately attribute it to the chaos stack size change rather than the league mechanic supply of divines.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Was really hoping for more than 20, but better than nothing I guess. I strongly disagree with this part of the 'weight' being necessary.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Bugsy posted:

Cool video by havoc about the friendly fire race and some of the strats that were used. I'm surprised that thorns actually worked and bypassed the friendly fire restriction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOAnqJSZfn4

This is why I love these events. Even if it wasn't for me at all, it allows so much neat stuff to happen. I love it.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

For those who don't wanna click:

quote:

There are several small quality of life improvements coming in Path of Exile: Crucible. One such improvement is an increase to the stack sizes of some currency items including Chaos Orbs.

Stack size of 20 now. I really wish they'd standardize stack size, but beggars can't be choosers!

I'm excited to see what other QOL stuff they've done. Been playing a lot of other ARPGs lately, and going back to clicking every shard / scroll / currency / fragment / etc is going to be painful.

Also delete scrolls of wisdom / town portal thanks.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
All other orbs now stack in prime numbers between 11 and 31.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

totalnewbie posted:

This is why I love these events. Even if it wasn't for me at all, it allows so much neat stuff to happen. I love it.

yeah the events were conceptually cool albeit not anything that 99% of people are ever going to want to play

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

totalnewbie posted:

All other orbs now stack in prime numbers between 11 and 31.

Stack sizes are krangled, random amounts with every stack

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

playing D4 and last epoch has made me even more bitter about poes QoL

really more like quality of wrists

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah I don't know how GGG managed to make the controller support so bad

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Papercut posted:

Stack sizes are krangled, random amounts with every stack

stack of 69 divines, nice

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

xZAOx posted:

For those who don't wanna click:

Stack size of 20 now. I really wish they'd standardize stack size, but beggars can't be choosers!

I'm excited to see what other QOL stuff they've done. Been playing a lot of other ARPGs lately, and going back to clicking every shard / scroll / currency / fragment / etc is going to be painful.

Also delete scrolls of wisdom / town portal thanks.

If they won't get rid of them completely, a wisdom/portal slot with increased size would be neat.

Also I'm a bit surprised a lot of people seem to be mad about this change.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Deki posted:

If they won't get rid of them completely, a wisdom/portal slot with increased size would be neat.

Also I'm a bit surprised a lot of people seem to be mad about this change.

Stockholm syndrome is a thing

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

hawowanlawow posted:

yeah I don't know how GGG managed to make the controller support so bad

Buh? What's wrong with it? PoE has a shitload of buttons.

As far as I know the only things really missing is 1) no way to bind instant abilities to move and 2) the 'alternate skill behaviors' are not, to my knowledge, documented anywhere

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I don't see many negative comments on Twitter except those asking for even bigger stacks. But then the top comment on Reddit suggests this is so divine prices rise. So, yeah fans of this game (it me) are deranged.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
Divines settled at, what, 250 for most of the league?

Your inventory currently holds up to 600 chaos, 500 if you leave two lines open (which is common) so that's 2 divines in your inventory in chaos with 10-stacks. With 20-stacks, I can easily see how it would go up more.

That said.. meh. That's fine. Maybe ex will finally see some use :D

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

pork never goes bad posted:

I don't see many negative comments on Twitter except those asking for even bigger stacks. But then the top comment on Reddit suggests this is so divine prices rise. So, yeah fans of this game (it me) are deranged.

The only nice thing I'll say about POE's reddit community is that going into the Battle.net cesspit for Diablo 4 made me realize things could be worse.

I'm entirely unsurprised that they're bitching about a purely positive change.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

NPR Journalizard posted:

Stockholm syndrome is a thing
if you can call an urban myth a thing

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Yeah, people really don't know how much bullshit "Stockholm Syndrome" was, it was invented to cover the rear end of the lovely negotiatior for the whole debacle after hostages, one in particular, said they felt more threatened by the police and the negotiator than by the bank robbers, and they still didn't like the bank robbers very much.

The negotiator was also a psychologist and immediately started claiming that the woman who made the comment was suffering from a delusional attachement to the bank robbers because she had 'fallen for' one of them, just to cover his own inept handling of the event.

He was also big on "drug use should be met with zero tolerance" and poo poo, so he was always an absolute bag of poo poo.

Nils Bejerot if you want to look it up yourself.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Keru posted:

Yeah, people really don't know how much bullshit "Stockholm Syndrome" was, it was invented to cover the rear end of the lovely negotiatior for the whole debacle after hostages, one in particular, said they felt more threatened by the police and the negotiator than by the bank robbers, and they still didn't like the bank robbers very much.

The negotiator was also a psychologist and immediately started claiming that the woman who made the comment was suffering from a delusional attachement to the bank robbers because she had 'fallen for' one of them, just to cover his own inept handling of the event.

He was also big on "drug use should be met with zero tolerance" and poo poo, so he was always an absolute bag of poo poo.

Nils Bejerot if you want to look it up yourself.

Counterpoint, I'm pretty sure it was in Die Hard and Bruce wouldn't like to me.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
:actually: It was called "Helsinki Syndrome" in Die Hard.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Oh no did Bruce forget?

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
Let’s say you had equipped two corrupted jewels, one with “You cannot be stunned” and the other with “You cannot not be stunned.” Can you be stunned?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

Let’s say you had equipped two corrupted jewels, one with “You cannot be stunned” and the other with “You cannot not be stunned.” Can you be stunned?

Salutations, exiles...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
cast when stunned exists, albeit for parity we really need a 'cast when not stunned' too