Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

bravesword posted:

It’s actually the opposite; you use this, get a 5/5, and immediately get your shield back. I’m more curious about the interaction with Kotori. Is another minion with DS required to get two 5/5s? Is the game smart enough to target them?

Is this confirmed?

As for your question the card reads to me like it can only convert 1 Divine shield not ALL your shields

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Leo Robles confirmed it, yes.

It’s single-target by default, but Kotori Lightblade could conceivably copy it. Say you have Kotori with DS and another minion without. Will the copy do as much as it can and summon a 5/5, or will it be “countered” due to lack of DS on the other target? I assume the latter, but there’s always the chance of a discrepancy between what the card says and how it’s coded.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

mcbexx posted:

Unholy just keeps you busy with swarming the board anyway. Now, if you miraculously survive against them until T9, they got a surefire closer for whatever little health you've left at that point. It helps that they can have sticky minions as well with reborn and 1/1 deathrattle summons.

They already had a surefire closer in grave strength tbh, this new legendary is way slower and more unwieldy than current unholy finishers imo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think it’s cool that tradeable is sticking around, along with rustrot viper aka the best designed tech card in HS

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Been playing for a week or so and having some fun.

This guy has been kicking my butt though

Makes me really appreciate MtG's exile mechanic

That aside, I've been having the most success with the Paladin starter deck. It's very straightforward, reminiscent of WW strategy I'm familiar with.

PhilippAchtel fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 25, 2023

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Excelzior posted:

looks like Amazon Prime might start giving out free Hearthstone drops again? There's a free standard epic card available now until April 19th.

since it's Standard i'm going to wait for Festival of legends to release before redeeming it

How do you get that?

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Sandwolf posted:

How do you get that?

Instructions here: https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/you-can-claim-a-free-random-standard-epic-from-amazon-prime-gaming/

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

oh my loving god I can't even get out of platinum no matter what I do

my luck in constructed in the last week has been so rotten that it would make peer blush

edit: complaining worked as always, I still stand by my second statement

Navaash fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Mar 26, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I cant get out of dad legend this month, oh well

hopefully the Festival meta is more interesting

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I made it to diamond 5 last night please update your spreadsheets.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Quiet Feet posted:

I made it to diamond 5 last night please update your spreadsheets.

on it

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I did not get credited but Swizard is cool and Out of Cards apparently completely lacks an editor so I did a 10min first rough draft on their latest article and then they published it before I could be all "oooh noooooooooooo please stop no" but the response has been positive and the deck is solid.

https://outof.cards/news/6090-even-druid-wild-hearthstone-full-deck-guide-on-the-wildest-of-weekends/

Check out their other stuff, they're one of the funnest players. And they take advice from me so you know it's good.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord

I don't know how often Druid actually wants to press the button, but this seems insane

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

When Pigs Cry posted:

I don't know how often Druid actually wants to press the button, but this seems insane

3 Dmg 3 Armor for 2 mana every turn...

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Mark McKz is already dreaming up a Groovy Cat OTK

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Finally, a use for Hedge Maze! Plus, they’re both Beasts, so Peaceful Piper can draw them. And Undying Swarm can resurrect a bunch of them.

It seems like it’s be pretty easy to get yourself into a position where your hero power is basically the Druid Questline reward every turn. This deck looks kind of sweet.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

3 Dmg 3 Armor for 2 mana every turn...

Druid has ways of ressurecting small minions. Could get quite big.
Also new core set has cast spell twice spell, so you will be able to summon boards of these fuckers.

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 27, 2023

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I just wonder how it's going to work with other hero powers, either from playing a hero card or stealing one of those with something like Identity Theft. Could you get a Guff hero power that also gives you a bunch of attack and armor? Could a Priest's hero power become "heal a target for 2 and then gain X armor"? Or is it like Wildfire and it just doesn't do anything if you don't have the stat it's affecting?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Druid cards look cool, big flavor failure though. Hippie music-> buffed hero power is strange. Dormant stuff would make more sense.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I just wonder how it's going to work with other hero powers, either from playing a hero card or stealing one of those with something like Identity Theft. Could you get a Guff hero power that also gives you a bunch of attack and armor? Could a Priest's hero power become "heal a target for 2 and then gain X armor"? Or is it like Wildfire and it just doesn't do anything if you don't have the stat it's affecting?

the way it's phrased as "one more Armor/Attack" makes me think that it only works with a hero power that gives attack or armor

so it might work with eg Kurtrus Demon-Render

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah it will probably only work for Demon Hunter and Warrior

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
It works like Wildfire, in that it only increments a power that already does it. It doesn’t add the effect to one that doesn’t.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

This is great. Love the art in this set

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I just had the most bullshit bug I've ever encountered in this game. I summoned Marrowgar from a countess invitation, the rope hadn't even started burning when I played him, it summoned 3 guys who were massively pumped because I had 26 corpses, one of them had the perfect amount of damage to kill his massive unit, which would have left me with all 3 on the board plus the rest of my board and it just wouldn't let me rush any of them. The rope started burning after they'd all been summoned and I had to just let it burn down while being unable to use any of them to hit his dude.

I've become a lot more chill about games as I've gotten older and I work in QA so bugs shouldn't phase me but... drat that's made me quite angry.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 27, 2023

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

goferchan posted:

This is great. Love the art in this set

What in the loving gently caress?

(I hate this guarantees you lose an entirely random card.)

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Shockeh posted:

Play after they have dredged, probably something they need

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Shockeh posted:

People are going to go back and forth on how the mill effect doesn't matter because it could burn their least important card instead of their most important card or whatever, but I think it's always relevant that you're causing them to skip a draw. Possibly burning a good card is just gravy.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

thebardyspoon posted:

I just had the most bullshit bug I've ever encountered in this game. I summoned Marrowgar from a countess invitation, the rope hadn't even started burning when I played him, it summoned 3 guys who were massively pumped because I had 26 corpses, one of them had the perfect amount of damage to kill his massive unit, which would have left me with all 3 on the board plus the rest of my board and it just wouldn't let me rush any of them. The rope started burning after they'd all been summoned and I had to just let it burn down while being unable to use any of them to hit his dude.

I've become a lot more chill about games as I've gotten older and I work in QA so bugs shouldn't phase me but... drat that's made me quite angry.

I once had a game crash because we were both playing all Gold decks. We tested it.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

goferchan posted:

People are going to go back and forth on how the mill effect doesn't matter because it could burn their least important card instead of their most important card or whatever, but I think it's always relevant that you're causing them to skip a draw. Possibly burning a good card is just gravy.
Mill should always matter, because by definition, your opponent should be putting cards in their deck they want to play.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yes but unless your opponent draws their entire deck there's no real difference if you mill a key legendary or if they just don't draw it.

Or if they have tutors I suppose but I don't think Hearthstone has many.

It is real fun to see you milled an important card, though.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Hellioning posted:

Yes but unless your opponent draws their entire deck there's no real difference if you mill a key legendary or if they just don't draw it.

Or if they have tutors I suppose but I don't think Hearthstone has many.

It is real fun to see you milled an important card, though.

It's the old version of tracking all over again :)

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I can't wait to otk people on 7 with Bonelord into millhouse into double pyro, double fireball.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

PhilippAchtel posted:

Been playing for a week or so and having some fun.

This guy has been kicking my butt though

Makes me really appreciate MtG's exile mechanic

That aside, I've been having the most success with the Paladin starter deck. It's very straightforward, reminiscent of WW strategy I'm familiar with.

Exile actually is in Hearthstone. I think there's one Mage spell that does it?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
With the general power creep, bananas are also only getting weaker and weaker, so giving your opponent like 5 bananas is not that big of a drawback.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Jables88 posted:

correct

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jables88 posted:

The Reno hero also effectively does it

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I wonder whether the druid legendary spell will cost 9 or more mana to account for Solar Eclipse.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Torrannor posted:

I wonder whether the druid legendary spell will cost 9 or more mana to account for Solar Eclipse.

Depends what it does, might not be something that can be doubled.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

RatHat posted:

Depends what it does, might not be something that can be doubled.

That's true. The HS devs surely took Solar Eclipse into account when making the card, but I'm honestly hoping there will be some cool interactions. I know it's more difficult to design a card that's worth playing without being doubled, without being too frustrating to play against when it is getting doubled. So I hope they don't take a cheap out like "set your maximum mana crystals to 15" or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
The new Druid deathrattle/battlecry cards are stupid as hell. Assuming you don't multiply the effect somehow you can quite easily end up with a five attack/armor every turn.