Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Father Wendigo posted:

This thread needs something to cheer things up. Who's game for some LOL-CRIMEZ?

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1640406074330169370?t=nS3mx-tkqdRmB6gk5qLLTA&s=19

ahahaha okay I'm going to have to read this complaint

[PDF link]

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Father Wendigo posted:

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1640406074330169370?t=nS3mx-tkqdRmB6gk5qLLTA&s=19

lol

isn't binance like the biggets and bestest crypto bank or exchange or whatever

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

foam adventure but finance

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ea-Nasir! :argh:

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol

isn't binance like the biggets and bestest crypto bank or exchange or whatever

you could say that I guess

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

fits my needs posted:

i thought people were saying schwab was possibly at risk too

guess they were right

https://twitter.com/wealth/status/1640434017190174720?s=20

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

webcams for christ posted:

all of that trading volume is the same 30 accounts scamming people

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Father Wendigo posted:

[doomsday economics] I HAZ NO CONFIDENCE IN OUR GEOFENCING

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I was wondering what obama was doing in australia & sure enough, it's to give paid speeches. Tix for "An Evening With President Obama" will cost $195-$895/person.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

webcams for christ posted:

can't wait to bail them out

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

I was wondering what obama was doing in australia & sure enough, it's to give paid speeches. Tix for "An Evening With President Obama" will cost $195-$895/person.

ocean front properties arent cheap.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

The big dawg gets the biggest bux.

Speaking Fees for Former Presidents Top $750,000

Bill Clinton - $750,000
Barack Obama - $400,000
George W. Bush - $175,000
Jimmy Carter - $50,000

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Working hard, thank you!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Tour organiser Growth Faculty said in the event description that attendees would hear Mr Obama 'discuss strength in leadership and explore techniques for navigating an unpredictable future'.

'In times of great challenge and change, President Obama’s leadership ushered in a stronger economy, a more equal society, a nation more secure at home and more respected around the world,' the description read.

'There's no leader better equipped to share their experience, unique strategy and wisdom on the changing face of leadership.'

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

anime was right posted:

all of that trading volume is the same 30 accounts scamming people

I think it's more like 80 accounts, but like controlled by 6 people

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
Carter could charge more as part of a farewell tour.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Willa Rogers posted:

Bill Clinton - $750,000
Barack Obama - $400,000
Jimmy Carter - $50,000

I wonder how much Hillary and W got paid by Masterclass. That company must be flushing unimaginable amounts of money down the toilet.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

is pepsi ok posted:

I wonder how much Hillary and W got paid by Masterclass. That company must be flushing unimaginable amounts of money down the toilet.

the cool thing is they give you 1 month to ask for a refund, and the refund just requires a pressing the refund button not calling in, and it's easy to watch what you want in a month

also the herzog one sucks

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

Bill Clinton - $750,000
Barack Obama - $400,000
Jimmy Carter - $50,000

hmm i notice ONE former president who isn't on this list...

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Isn't this like the 3rd derailment on that stretch of rail in the last 2-3 months?

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

text editor posted:

lol the headline alone on this is too much

https://twitter.com/BusinessInsider/status/1640407331606282240

The Chinese are undermining western arms supply chains with a vast and expensive army of dancing PAWGs

Well, if that's the case, I'm willing to give peace a chance. :hmmyes:

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
https://twitter.com/SamGreszes/status/1640442571414446088

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
I could go for getting stung by a scorpion right about now.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"Go away! Brewin'!"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/lines_down/status/1640443298400833536?t=G2LZN5e0DI-Dkm0zEOHriw&s=19
https://twitter.com/as_a_worker/status/1640440589639401473?t=wvEydOasXlA81JYgjkVYMA&s=19

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Yeah but do you know where the train didn't derail? Pittsburgh

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

manager: "find someone to cover your shift"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Justin Tyme posted:

also apple has the advantage of the apple watch already being pretty ubiquitous so if they had a reasonably fashionable frame with watch integration at least you wouldn't look like a nerd fumbling around with the controls like google glass had

theyre right to be afraid though, facebook ate poo poo on the quest 2 despite having the first remotely affordable "decent enough to be fun" vr system on the market. Zucc was expecting ONE BILLION adopters lmao, it's better to view it as a video game console, those expectations immediately becomes asinine; nintendo would never set sales goals for the Switch as "one billion units" and would probably be over-the-moon satisfied if 1 of every 7 people on the planet owned a Switch

I will chime in that I got my kids the Quest 2 for Christmas and they absolutely love it.

stellar hardware. poor software development & selection, which goes to your point

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

RC Cola posted:

Yeah but do you know where the train didn't derail? Pittsburgh

That's right

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

‘Lessons have not been learned’: FDA knew of positive test months before latest infant formula recall

quote:

A recent recall of infant formula was announced nearly three months after Food and Drug Administration officials first learned that some products at a major plant had tested positive for bacteria — a delay that mirrors the agency’s slow response to reports of food safety problems and infant deaths ahead of last year’s massive recall over the same type of bacteria.

In late February, formula giant Reckitt issued a press release recalling 145,000 cans of Enfamil ProSobee Simply Plant-Based Infant Formula over the “possibility of cross-contamination with Cronobacter sakazakii” — the deadly pathogen that sparked the infant formula crisis last year. Dozens of news outlets covered this as breaking news, recommending parents and caregivers toss the products or return them for a refund.

FDA inspectors, however, had become aware of the positive test that ultimately sparked this recall in November, an FDA spokesperson confirmed to POLITICO.

Reckitt had found Cronobacter sakazakii in a batch of formula made at its Zeeland, Mich., plant, during internal testing conducted in early September. The batch that tested positive was destroyed, but the FDA later determined that not enough cleaning had been done following the positive test. Two batches of formula made right after the contaminated batch would ultimately be recalled on February 20 — more than five months after the products had been distributed nationally, including in Guam and Puerto Rico.

The revelation that this recall took months to announce comes more than a year after a massive infant formula recall from Abbott Nutrition, renewing questions about FDA’s oversight of formula and whether enough has changed in the wake of this crisis to prevent another one. There have been four formula recalls over Cronobacter contamination in the past year — more formula recalls than there have been in the last decade combined.

The Reckitt recall in February was relatively small compared to the Abbott recall — which was likely the largest in history — and both FDA and the company maintain there have been no reports of illness related to this incident. For food safety advocates, however, it feels like a test that the agency didn’t pass.

“It’s stunning that it’s almost identical to what happened in 2021,” said Mitzi Baum, CEO of STOP Foodborne Illness, a group that advocates on behalf of victims of outbreaks, referring to the lengthy timeline from positive test to recall. “Lessons have not been learned.”

I had to check the dateline bc at first I was sure the story was from last year, lol.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

"excuse me landlord i'm being kidnapped can you help...yes...yes...you're taking my security deposit because i am not "secure" anymore...got it..."

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

feel like we've had this same dumb conversation before where people were talking about knowing people who died because their coke was laced with fentanyl and other people still saying nah lol

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1639624454736334851?s=20

Wrap it up WFHailures

(look at the graph and lol at the headline)

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

SKULL.GIF posted:

Are we gonna get a Flint situation? Are these chemicals reactive with the piping?

Like presumably even if they fix it (:lol:) it's still in the city's water pipes and needs to be flushed out.

they're chemicals used for producing acrylic plastics. they might react with one another and polymerize but I don't think they'd cause any kind of corrosion or damage to the inside of the pipes like what happened with road salt in flint

i'm glad we tried dumping some of the chemicals in the pipes. we wouldn't be able to know for sure what would happen otherwise. another win for science, which I freaking love.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

SKULL.GIF posted:

Are we gonna get a Flint situation? Are these chemicals reactive with the piping?

Like presumably even if they fix it (:lol:) it's still in the city's water pipes and needs to be flushed out.

Flint happened because they changed water source, which ultimately completely changed the water chemistry, including a lower pH leaving their plant. If they had paid the small price to dose corrosion inhibitors and adjust the pH at the plant, it never would have happened.

Here, they might try to adjust the treatment process to remove as much of the contaminants as possible, but even if some breakthrough, as long as the pH remains the same, it seems unlikely the chemicals that have leaked would be at nearly high enough concentrations to have any corrosion potential.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

more Binance CFTC complaint deets

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

‘Lessons have not been learned’: FDA knew of positive test months before latest infant formula recall

I had to check the dateline bc at first I was sure the story was from last year, lol.

what lesson lmao

wasn’t the “lesson” China taught its industrialists re. bad baby formula “do this and we will execute you”? Did that lesson take?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
The mission of the FDA and EPA is to cover-up and distract

Edit. Yeah China knows how to handle a baby formula scandal lol