Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
im gonna be pissed and not buy it if i dont get a rock variant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I want to deckbuild with rock. But it also seems unwise to put a (terrible) unique playable card in a 1-day bundle. So idk. Definitely not buying it if theres no rock card though.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'm like 99% sure they came out a couple weeks ago saying it wasn't a Rock Card but rather a silly rock pfp.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I swear I saw a pixel rock variant somewhere but that might have been a fan mockup. Give us token variants already! Make Squirrel Girl playable!

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

still kinda frustrated it went from being a Rock Card to a Rock pfp...

I thought pfp was a NFT term. Are... are we a crypto bro crowd?

vvvvvv edit: phew, ok, guess I just noticed it recently

cgeq fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 27, 2023

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
no, 'profile picture' was used before nfts happened

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i wouldnt have known what pfp means without the above explanation

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

The Liquor Snurf posted:

I've just got Shuri with my tokens, but am only 775, so lack Taskmaster/Red Skull to get the true BS up and running.

I've built a deck to try and see what its like without them, using Spiderwoman/Abomination/She-Hulk/Arnim Zola.

I'm not sure whether to go for her without the supporting cards, or whether to keep using my Warpath/Ongoing deck that I stole of the net, which I'm having success with atm anyway. (I'm ~rank 55 for reference)

Vision is a great target for her. Then a Hulk or other big body on 6.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Walla posted:

500 credits cost about $6.00, so it really depends on how much you value credits right now.

They said it's specifically 1/20th of the Pro bundle for people who felt bad about not being able to get the same value for credits as that bundle offered.

Obviously we cant see their data from today, but I'd be curious how many small spenders splurge on bundles prices like this.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GarudaPrime posted:

They said it's specifically 1/20th of the Pro bundle for people who felt bad about not being able to get the same value for credits as that bundle offered.

Obviously we cant see their data from today, but I'd be curious how many small spenders splurge on bundles prices like this.

I have to imagine these bundles are explicitly for whales or dumbass dolphins. I can’t imagine someone who’s afraid to spend $100 on the Pro Bundle sees this bundle with 95% of its poo poo taken out for $5 and goes “What a deal!!”

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Garbage iap bundles are there to make you think the other ones are a good deal. The fact that the Jubilee one was seen as a great deal shows it works. This game gives extremely little per dollar spent by any metric when compared to other games.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GarudaPrime posted:

I'm a small spender. I happily spent money on the new player bundle, the Jubilee bundle and the Mystique bundle because I liked the cosmetics. Like I said earlier, there were other bundles I would have happily bought if I could have afforded them at the time.

Credits are poo poo. I would rather use my 1,100 free gold to buy credits than to pay for them outright. But maybe this bundle is selling like crazy. I hope not.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Artelier posted:

You're now still going to draw him in the first four turns, then drop him into Lockjaw on 5 and draw him again on 6

plenty of room for mbaku!

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
I honestly haven't seen too many galactuses. What's the telegraph?

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

psychopomp posted:

I honestly haven't seen too many galactuses. What's the telegraph?
Leaving a lane open. Goblins into a one of your lanes. Wave or Electro ramp. Wolverine. Shuri into Nimrod. Cloak to move squirrels.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

canyonero posted:

Leaving a lane open. Goblins into a one of your lanes. Wave or Electro ramp. Wolverine. Shuri into Nimrod. Cloak to move squirrels.

Thank you for reminding me to play a fake Galactus deck where it's just like Galactus until turn five and then oops it was black panther or dr.doom and arnim Zola the whole time

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Guess one of the problems of getting early Wasp and Nick Fury is you still need to unlock the base card in a cache 😔

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

cinnamon rollout posted:

Thank you for reminding me to play a fake Galactus deck where it's just like Galactus until turn five and then oops it was black panther or dr.doom and arnim Zola the whole time

this gets me constantly when i snap on a debrii or green goblin gently caress YOU to galactus and then they like, destroyer + knull instead

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Is rescue supposed to be what Gweneth paltrows character is in the movies?

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Is rescue supposed to be what Gweneth paltrows character is in the movies?

Rescue is pepper Potts. So yeah

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

canyonero posted:

Leaving a lane open.

I wonder if people who see my empty lane are shocked or relieved when I drop that Warpath.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Is Warpath useful? Always seemed a waste to sacrifice an entire lane just to get one card to 9 power.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

cinnamon rollout posted:

Hmm, now I'm wondering if I could play Galactus on the "wrong lane" T5 and then Zola him T6. I guess it'd wind up being a 50/50 shot but still

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Fate Accomplice posted:

I wonder if people who see my empty lane are shocked or relieved when I drop that Warpath.

I'm just annoyed because I always forget to account for Spectrum.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Hobo Clown posted:

Is Warpath useful? Always seemed a waste to sacrifice an entire lane just to get one card to 9 power.

I'm playing the 3rd deck from this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6a5c-AEz2Y&t=273s

and enjoying it very much. ideally you ignore 1 lane entirely and prof X another + armor/destroyer the third.

teasing the third lane with a lizard or something else till destroyer takes them out works real well.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Hobo Clown posted:

Theoretically the goal is to win 2 lanes and any effort spent on a third lane is wasted anyway. He's fine but not super good since he is exactly strong enough to get owned by Shang-Chi, inflexible, and there's plenty of good cards or location rng that can just turn off his ability.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Does it feel like Galactus decks are everywhere all of a sudden? I feel like half the games I've played the last couple days have started with Wolverine going into Electro, and we all know what comes next!

I know people have complained about it in the past, but it really is an unfun card and it makes the game leading up to it feel pointless. It feels like it would make way more sense to have him nuke the location it's played on, rather than the other two.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Jokymi posted:

Does it feel like Galactus decks are everywhere all of a sudden? I feel like half the games I've played the last couple days have started with Wolverine going into Electro, and we all know what comes next!

I know people have complained about it in the past, but it really is an unfun card and it makes the game leading up to it feel pointless. It feels like it would make way more sense to have him nuke the location it's played on, rather than the other two.

It makes the game very boring. Its always going to be a few moves. Throw down spiderman on turn 5 if it was played turn 4, or throw down knull and death, or some high card while throwing out cosmo.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Galactus rules, most fun card in the game

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

Jokymi posted:

Galactus is so bad design wise. They really need to change the effect to be end of turn at least. For example I could guess my opponent is about to drop Galactus so I play Debrii, but I don't have priority so my card on the Galactus turn doesn't flip and I've effectively skipped an entire turn doing nothing.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I dont get why people play these kind of decks. In my experience the disrupt the other sides board will almost always lose. He spent 7 points trying to screw me and he still lost the game.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
shuri in my shop feels like a pretty safe pin given their reluctance to nerf her, huh

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tbf Galactus is the only thing I'm winning with right now. Clawed my way to 60 tonight!

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

quite stretched out posted:

shuri in my shop feels like a pretty safe pin given their reluctance to nerf her, huh

I have a feeling they will back down on that, but probably wont have another balance patch for 2 weeks.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So I finally got 6000 credits tokens. Have Kang already, so I have questions about Galactus or Thanos:
Thanos - How viable are his decks right now? Feel like he dropped off the face of the earth, meaning it really was probably Quinjet that enabled him. He seems kinda fun, if maybe a little weak.
Galactus - He seems quite strong in the current meta. I already have all the pieces for the standard Galactus deck including Knull, so I guess this is the one I'm leaning towards (even if the playstyle seems a bit rote/repetitive). But I want to know, how are the Nimrod variants? That looks fun to do and setup, but not sure how feasible it actually is. I don't have the Season Pass yet but I got a week to decide.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Stop retreating on Turn 5, dammit. I need 2 more 4 card lane wins. Also, gently caress Galactus, Darkhawk gets a reprieve because I Shang Chi'd his rear end.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Ninurta posted:

Stop retreating on Turn 5, dammit. I need 2 more 4 card lane wins. Also, gently caress Galactus, Darkhawk gets a reprieve because I Shang Chi'd his rear end.

If you just want to clear the quest, maybe try Brooding

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I just got galactus and he is very very fun

It looks like most of the best decks involve Nimrod at the moment though and I didn’t buy this months pass because the card seemed kinda boring

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

I'm pretty sure this is the dirtiest playline I've ever been a part of.

T2, Jubilee from Bugle. Ok, not terrible, maybe play it on 4 I have some good hits.
T3, Coulson to raft. Gets Bones and Prof X.
T4 starts: Westview Transforms into Peak. Suddenly I have inverted X and Jubilee. I snap. I slam them both into raft to get the free 6 cost. Jubilee pulls dino, Prof stops them from rotating rock and jubilee and their jubilee activating. Free 6 cost is Destroyer(!!!!!)
T5: Mystique, Destroyer, Inverted Doom to seal mid. Cackle like the evil son of a bitch I am.
T6: Opponent ropes before retreating.

I want to play more tonight, but I know I can only ruin my mood after this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I dont care if the tuesday bundle isnt technically worth it. It helped me get Darkhawk and now I've been cruising. Unfortunately I am having surgery tomorrow and I dont know when I'll be able to play again. I dont have a phone thats good enough to run the game, and I am spending 2 nights in the hospital after and dont know when I'll be able to climb stairs again and my computer is up here. Hopefully I can play some by friday.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Mar 28, 2023