Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Renegret posted:

You all know that tipiak pull apart cheese bread?

Wife and I both got home late from work tonight so dinner tonight was one of those and a can of tomato soup.

A+ easy lazy 15 minutes dinner would eat again. It was like a punched up grilled cheese.

We add more cheese because we're fat, but it's a good deal for the price. I normally only see it in store a couple of times a year, so if it's back we'll pick some up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I would go to Sam’s Club if it meant getting my rear end in a top hat stretched wide open by a 1/4 lb. “all beef hot dog” if you know what I mean.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Please don’t eat cheese bread for dinner, goons.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

That cheese bread was nothing special the one time I got it

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

FCKGW posted:

Idk how to embed TikTok videos but please watch this TikTok video

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRvqSgyt/

His tshirt advertises his own band, which I'm not all for, but the band is nice melodic sludge metal which I am. Also he only put ketchup on the hotdog that he ate in an amazing picture. So overall pretty good

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I’ve got a $700 air purifier and I still rock the filter + box fan combo during fire season. Come at me proles/bourgeois.

Edit: I don’t even secure the filter to the fan

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Quite A Tool posted:

I’ve got a $700 air purifier and I still rock the filter + box fan combo during fire season. Come at me proles/bourgeois.

Edit: I don’t even secure the filter to the fan

Centrists. *ptui!*

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 28, 2023

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Wonderllama posted:

Cheese bread and tomato soup is just deconstructed pizza and that makes it fancy

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Wonderllama posted:

Piles of carbs, fat, and salt. How can you not enjoy that for dinner?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Don’t buy a fancy cheese bread when you can just buy a loaf of white bread and some Kraft singles and it does the same thing for cheaper.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

binge crotching posted:

Piles of carbs, fat, and salt. How can you not enjoy that for dinner?

smashing some brews and then some carbs/cheese/meat and then passing out in your own filth owns.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Waking up the next day; blindly taking a sip of a half-empty brewski; and then, feeling a bloated wad of pizza crust hit your lips. That’s a real connoisseur’s experience.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Dick Fontaine posted:

Waking up the next day; blindly taking a sip of a half-empty brewski; and then, feeling a bloated wad of pizza crust cigarette butt hit your lips. That’s a real connoisseur’s experience.

Ftfy

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Achmed Jones posted:

every now and then i get something with chicken in it that, for the lack of a better way to say it, tastes like _bird_. little jones got some paw patrol nuggets years ago that were that way, and they were vile. i've had lunchmeat chicken that was that way, too. i wanna say i've also had lunchmeat turkey that was that way, but it's mostly chicken. same story with chicken meatballs. i don't know if it's the bird equivalent of boar taint or what, but it's foul (haha im funny) when you get something that has the flavor

normal chicken breast, bbq, drumsticks, and all that have always been fine so that's good at least

this is from pages back but I know exactly what you mean. sometime a chicken nugget, tender, wing, whatever will have this distinct chicken taste that is unbearable for me.

sometimes it goes away if you cook it to death (like over 190 F for a chicken breast) but usually the taste remains and is just vile.

not all chicken though, sometimes it just tastes fine, other time, blegh.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

this is from pages back but I know exactly what you mean. sometime a chicken nugget, tender, wing, whatever will have this distinct chicken taste that is unbearable for me.

sometimes it goes away if you cook it to death (like over 190 F for a chicken breast) but usually the taste remains and is just vile.

not all chicken though, sometimes it just tastes fine, other time, blegh.

I'm glad I don't get this. Worst I get is gristly bits or weird suspect looking pieces of tendie.

Haven't had a soapy rotisserie either yet

I do worry about woody chicken breasts but I'm not sure I've ever accidentally gotten them

Thank you Trash Mammal. Welcome to dog world b*tch*s

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY journeyman SIGSMITH Luvcow

https://i.imgur.com/EebjYYe.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

Official height endorsed by a medical professional: 5'11.5"

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Grab a baguette from the bakery, a big wheel of brie, blackberries/raspberries, and some nuts. It's still bread and cheese but it feels fancier.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

oh god I didn’t expect to start a holy war on air purifiers. I’ll stick with the Winix as I do not trust my weirdo cats with box fans.

I also picked up some of the Kirkland salsa which is apparently in glass jars and not plastic now? It’s been a few years since I’ve bought it and it tasted way worse than I remember, like it needed salt or something. Not inedible, especially in weird huevos rancheros, but probably not a rebuy.

The Simply Protein bars have pretty decent numbers - 15g protein for 150 cal, plus lots of fiber - and taste decent, kinda like rice krispie treats. Worth the farts, even more so when like 35% off.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRvGU2mg/

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

This dude right here.... :hmmyes:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

bagmonkey posted:

Also I put one by the litter boxes and now that area smells excellent, that was an A+ decision
Is this the one you got? Any cheap options for replacement filters? https://www.costco.com/winix-true-hepa-4-stage-air-purifier-with-wi-fi-and-additional-filter.product.100662892.html

Do plants help with litter box smell?

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 28, 2023

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

Is this the one you got? Any cheap options for replacement filters? https://www.costco.com/winix-true-hepa-4-stage-air-purifier-with-wi-fi-and-additional-filter.product.100662892.html

Do plants help with litter box smell?

tbh I found that keeping as few surfaces as possible for litter-related stuff to settle on was the key to making thje litter box area smell less like a litterbox. That, combined with daily cleaning helped a poo poo ton. The Winix acts like a wall that stops smells from drifting over to my WFH, so it's mostly added protection + seeing how much poo poo it catches

I haven't looked up cheap replacements but I saw reviews mention that they are available outside of Costco on like, Amazon and poo poo since it's a standard filter size. If you're not filtering for harmful allergens, fire-related smokey air, etc the 'generic' ones should do fine

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Ayndin posted:

oh god I didn’t expect to start a holy war on air purifiers. I’ll stick with the Winix as I do not trust my weirdo cats with box fans.

How much Winix stock do you own

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Just two. I figured the living room and my office/foyer can share one as I don’t actually hang out in the living room that much nowadays.

i checked in case there was some chance it could be held by a 401k or something but they’re traded on KASDAQ so I’m going to say probably not

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

We have two air purifiers because my partner is allergic to stuff but I’m convinced they don’t do anything and are just a placebo

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I need to get some new winix filters. The corsi cube thing is cool and very functional but I don't want a cube of hvac filters in my living room.

Also: gonna eat dinner at costco tonight

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Is the Sweet & Spicy Crab Spread new I don’t remember seeing it before. Pretty goddamn good imo. Lot of crab flavor and as much spice as you can put in it without overpowering that crab flavor.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Wayne Knight posted:

I need to get some new winix filters. The corsi cube thing is cool and very functional but I don't want a cube of hvac filters in my living room.

Also: gonna eat dinner at costco tonight

Sir the corsi cube is literally tens of dollars cheaper and very effective. You can also get a large package of earplugs at Costco for when you have it running.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

bird with big dick posted:

Is the Sweet & Spicy Crab Spread new I don’t remember seeing it before. Pretty goddamn good imo. Lot of crab flavor and as much spice as you can put in it without overpowering that crab flavor.

I’ve never seen this at Costco before, what’s the brand?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cp0reXfOoFZ/

What a weak constitution. Its too saltyyy, it gives me heartbuuurrnn. No mention of the pencilhands style rear end ripping though

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Vegetable posted:

We have two air purifiers because my partner is allergic to stuff but I’m convinced they don’t do anything and are just a placebo

sounds like they ought to be allergic to you

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Is Instagram just closed to anyone who doesn't have an account? I click the link but it never lets me see anything except a login page.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Oh. I think thats an issue on desktop? On mobile it just takes me straight to the video in my browser, not even logged in

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cp0reXfOoFZ/

What a weak constitution. Its too saltyyy, it gives me heartbuuurrnn. No mention of the pencilhands style rear end ripping though

Holy poo poo. I thought the chicken bake was almost half that size.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Oh. I think thats an issue on desktop? On mobile it just takes me straight to the video in my browser, not even logged in

Naw does the same for me on mobile

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I got no idea then. Blame Zuck

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

StormDrain posted:

Sir the corsi cube is literally tens of dollars cheaper and very effective. You can also get a large package of earplugs at Costco for when you have it running.

i mean all jokes aside I think it's worth remembering the cube was popular in 2020, when lots of people wanted air filtration for some reason and most HEPA filters were basically impossible to buy, doubly so for any filter with a custom filter (lol Dyson lol) but things like furnace filters were available

also I'm sure Costco sells a variable speed box fan. :v:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I'm on Mobile. I checked and the link loads on my computer so I guess they just are trying to strong arm me into an app or signing up on my phone.

also gross... do not want to eat that.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

skipdogg posted:

I’ve never seen this at Costco before, what’s the brand?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Oh poo poo, I'd buy that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah that actually sounds fantastic.