Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

External Organs posted:

TotK: yes, you can pet the dog once it's fused to your ornithopter the little girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

fusing the dog and horse together

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
Mushroom shield

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Games gonna whip rear end, cool to get the confirmation on the zed word also.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I am looking incredibly forward to seeing what kind of wild poo poo super players like Peco and the zelda playing Neko do with this game.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

LOL that they actually named one of the new abilities ultrahand.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

a.lo posted:

fusing the dog and horse together

If you fuse a horse and a cucco do you get a chocobo? Can Squenix sue at that point? Me? I'm gonna fuse a cucco and a lynel to make the ultimate monstrosity, then poke it from across the map using a 20 mile length of fused sticks and watch the chaos unfold from atop a sky island.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Can you shield surf with your shield mushroom, shooting poofs behind you??

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
On the one hand, it is basically crafting that they added, but on the other it looks really cool and intuitive and it is basically the logical next step they could have gone.

I wonder if the fusion caps out at 2 items or if it is higher. In any case I can't wait to see peoples horrible abomination weapons.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cattail Prophet posted:

LOL that they actually named one of the new abilities ultrahand.

Game of the year

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
babe wake up new minecraft dropped

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

you say garry's mod, i say Dead Rising Nuts & Bolts

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
That's a creative way to sand down durability without outright getting rid of it. Holy poo poo this game looks nuts already.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Also the smoothness of getting blown off of a sky island and dropping all the way down to the ground was really impressive for the Switch. No stuttering or buffering. I'm very excited for this game

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Orange Crush Rush posted:

you know it takes time to ship games to stores and stuff right

gently caress stores, I have an internet connection.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I wanna make a shield hoverboard

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Hey everyone, BigBrainLink69 here, with my new quadruple hit keese eyeball boomerang reverse tech I'm about to drop on y'all

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I’m gonna build a car with a bunch of pitchforks fused to the front of it and drive it into dudes like some BattleBots poo poo

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm also enjoying that the larger/heavier the object you fuse to a motor seems to deplete the motor battery's charge faster. This is going to make for some interesting ways to see what people come up with to get over these limitations it seems. Baskets of Zonai Charges being carried around!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Unlucky7 posted:

On the one hand, it is basically crafting that they added, but on the other it looks really cool and intuitive and it is basically the logical next step they could have gone.

I wonder if the fusion caps out at 2 items or if it is higher. In any case I can't wait to see peoples horrible abomination weapons.
Looked to me like they fused three things together at once in there (stick, log, rock)

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm also enjoying that the larger/heavier the object you fuse to a motor seems to deplete the motor battery's charge faster. This is going to make for some interesting ways to see what people come up with to get over these limitations it seems. Baskets of Zonai Charges being carried around!
Just attach additional cars on the back with their own batteries and ah poo poo we invented trains again

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

dublish posted:

If development is finished, why the gently caress do I have to wait six more weeks to play this game? :argh:

So I can play RE4R at least 3 times first

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

tsob posted:

Link has a metal face? Wouldn't he fly crotch first due to a belt or something? Just hip thrusting his way up a mountain :heysexy:
:smug: okay it's more hand-first but c'mon

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
If you duct tape steak to your sword you'll regain a quarter heart after every attack because link will take a bite on each swing.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

MorningMoon posted:

If you duct tape steak to your sword you'll regain a quarter heart after every attack because link will take a bite on each swing.

Fuse a raw steak to a flame blade and eat heartily once your foes are vanquished

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'm going to fuse a dodge button into the controls

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/HotCyder/status/1640718290803892226?s=20

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Murdstone posted:

Looked to me like they fused three things together at once in there (stick, log, rock)

There were 2 different fuse powers, Fuse for weapons and ULTRAHAND for sticking together parts for vehicles.

It looked like Fuse can only do 2 things, where ULTRAHAND is unlimited (or at least higher capped)?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

hatty posted:

I wanna make a shield hoverboard

☝️

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm so glad that Pro Controller's mostly black rather than gold or I'd be slamming a preorder in already. I love me a shiny gold controller.

I'm similarly thankful I already own an OLED Switch so there's no real temptation for that Special Edition :shepspends:. Please do not tell me those JoyCons are sold separately.

CBD Corndog posted:

There were 2 different fuse powers, Fuse for weapons and ULTRAHAND for sticking together parts for vehicles.

It looked like Fuse can only do 2 things, where ULTRAHAND is unlimited (or at least higher capped)?

Ultrahand looks to be an assembly system dressed up as a power. There's probably a block limit of some sort, but I bet it'll be interesting seeing people push it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just want to run around Hyrule with an impractically long stick.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

If you truly have at least somewhat unique interactions with every kind of material and weapon and overworld item, I can see why this game took 5+ years to make

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Making keese eyeballs the most useful item in the game, interesting move

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Everybody has their attention on Fuse and Ultrahand, for good reason, but also wonder what else could be done with the Rewind power. Throw a rock at someone, then use rewind to smack them with it again?

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

Excited to see what other people create. Less excited to play myself because I lack any creativity whatsoever and will likely be making the same poo poo for every single thing.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Making keese eyeballs the most useful item in the game, interesting move

I watched this video and told my son about the homing arrow you build with the keese eyeball and he goes "I saw the homing arrow in the last video they put out."

How did I miss it the first time?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

mabels big day posted:

If you truly have at least somewhat unique interactions with every kind of material and weapon and overworld item, I can see why this game took 5+ years to make

I really appreciate they understood that the correct way to make a crafting system like that is not to balance it around "expected" gameplay, but to encourage utter nonsense and mayhem. I was half-expecting the long stick + Pitchfork to make like a reinforced Pitchfork, but I hoped for Long Pitchfork with them just stuck together end-on-end and was elated to see it happen :allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Good-Natured Filth posted:

Excited to see what other people create. Less excited to play myself because I lack any creativity whatsoever and will likely be making the same poo poo for every single thing.

Same, but I will at least take joy in pulling up on Ganon with a rock attached to a stick like some sort of caveman.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
maybe Ultrahand is distinct from Magnesis in that you get to rotate the objects and they dont need to be metal ?

but it's still Fuse that's holding the pieces of the helicopter together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I watched this video and told my son about the homing arrow you build with the keese eyeball and he goes "I saw the homing arrow in the last video they put out."

How did I miss it the first time?

Lol, what? I missed it or forgot about it in the meantime too, then.