Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So why did he declare bankruptcy again? Was it because of the Ye show, or did he declare it because of the lawsuits he lost?

And if it's from the lawsuits, what's stopping him from just declaring a constant cycle of bankruptcies to drag it out as long as possible, because whoops, he's still a billion dollars in debt because of his non-dischargable debt, time to declare bankruptcy again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
He declared bankruptcy because he thought it would help him delay and gum up the process. It's been his only consistent legal strategy through all this.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

He's dumb as a box of rocks and was probably drunk when he came up with the plan.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
IIRC you can only declare bankruptcy so often, it's not One Weird Trick To Never Paying Debts.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Ok well this thread is kinda spiraling so let's either find something new or close it until something new happens

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Facebook Aunt posted:

He's dumb as a box of rocks and was probably drunk when he came up with the plan.

His dad's probably driving the plan, who sounds like a less stupid but comparably evil piece of poo poo to Alex. Alex meanwhile is probably causing the guy to pull his own hair out because he's dumb as a box of rocks and keeps revealing the squirreled away caches of money.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Randalor posted:

So why did he declare bankruptcy again? Was it because of the Ye show, or did he declare it because of the lawsuits he lost?

And if it's from the lawsuits, what's stopping him from just declaring a constant cycle of bankruptcies to drag it out as long as possible, because whoops, he's still a billion dollars in debt because of his non-dischargable debt, time to declare bankruptcy again?

It's because of the lawsuits he lost. When he realized his chances weren't looking good, his companies started taking out huge debts (on paper, anyway) to companies owned by his family and friends, and then he filed bankruptcy saying that he was already in the red due to those debts. Which is a trick bankruptcy courts have seen a million times before, by the way, and they're quite wise to it.

It's taking so long because the bankruptcy court is thoroughly investigating his finances. Once it's done, he won't have any finances left to investigate.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Facebook Aunt posted:

"He was probably drunk when [thing]" is a pretty accurate description of literally every moment of Jones' life.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

5er posted:

His dad's probably driving the plan, who sounds like a less stupid but comparably evil piece of poo poo to Alex. Alex meanwhile is probably causing the guy to pull his own hair out because he's dumb as a box of rocks and keeps revealing the squirreled away caches of money.

This is the good and funny part at least. It really sounds like he's a fail son whose father will never tell him that he loves him.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Slyphic posted:

So he pulls a Kim Dotcom. I heard he just had a lovely time on vacation at some Caribbean(?) country , OH NOES, he might have to go back forever.

Kim Dotcom is basically locked in NZ and the only reason why NZ isn't gladly giving him up is that the US botched the poo poo around him so hard that it became a sovereignty issue for NZ.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
There's a certain kind of poetic irony in Alex fleeing the country in order to escape with his millions, but as someone who's listened to every episode of Knowledge Fight I think he honestly and truly loves America (specifically Texas) too much to ever leave it. In addition, he's a big dumb alpha male who brags about being the tip of the spear. His response to aggression is only ever going to be aggression, and he'd literally rather die than leave.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Froghammer posted:

There's a certain kind of poetic irony in Alex fleeing the country in order to escape with his millions, but as someone who's listened to every episode of Knowledge Fight I think he honestly and truly loves America (specifically Texas) too much to ever leave it. In addition, he's a big dumb alpha male who brags about being the tip of the spear.

He's more like the end of the bell.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ok well this thread is kinda spiraling so let's either find something new or close it until something new happens

Kinda wanna laugh about how visibly annoyed the plaintiffs are (to their benefit, the 'had enough of this poo poo' energy is so satisfying to see in official court documents)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Yeah don’t close the thread there are more laughs to come with hearings tomorrow in the bankruptcy case. Plus if you haven’t read bankston’s motion for sanctions please do.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah don’t close the thread there are more laughs to come with hearings tomorrow in the bankruptcy case. Plus if you haven’t read bankston’s motion for sanctions please do.

In the mean time I guess we could post naked Shrek or something

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Deptfordx posted:

Uhm. To who are we giving the power of instant, unchecked, summary judgement in this new legal paradigm?

Me.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I’m glad the lawyers got to write a funny filing about how much this guy sucks and they’re sick of his bullshit. We’ve been writing funny posts about how much he sucks and we’re sick of him this whole time and they haven’t been able to join in.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
That's just the kind of thing a plaintiff that's been posting under cover would say :ninja:

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Pirate Radar posted:

I’m glad the lawyers got to write a funny filing about how much this guy sucks and they’re sick of his bullshit. We’ve been writing funny posts about how much he sucks and we’re sick of him this whole time and they haven’t been able to join in.

Speak for yourself. My posts fuckkin suck

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Froghammer posted:

There's a certain kind of poetic irony in Alex fleeing the country in order to escape with his millions, but as someone who's listened to every episode of Knowledge Fight I think he honestly and truly loves America (specifically Texas) too much to ever leave it. In addition, he's a big dumb alpha male who brags about being the tip of the spear. His response to aggression is only ever going to be aggression, and he'd literally rather die than leave.

I feel like this is giving him way too much credit, given that his whole Texan swagger is immediately countered by him living in Austin, which might be one of the most liberal areas in the whole state, instead of owning some ranch or hiding out in one of his bunkers. He constantly whines about how liberal the cities are getting and says that it might be time for him to leave because it's a lost cause, but then goes right back to his comfortable life until the next time that he gets worked up and makes the exact same declaration. He romanticizes the rugged cowboy lifestyle, but it's all just an aesthetic for him without even the slightest hint of commitment.

He loves putting on the persona, but he isn't willing to give up anything to actually reinforce it — he just wants to LARP as Colonel Travis (or more specifically, the fantasy version of him that he believes in) at the Alamo, surrounded by the Mexican Army and fighting down to the very last man. It's exactly as shallow as some lonely, out-of-shape guy buying a Cold Steel katana and cutting bottles with it in his backyard to feel like his favorite anime character.

He isn't the tip of the spear. He is the loud, drunk guy at the bar who only gets into fights when he knows that he'll win or has a friend there to dramatically hold him back so that he can feel dangerous. See also: his growling monologue to Wolf Blitzer about stomping a man's guts out and watching him bleed to death, compared to how he meekly responded to that clip during his deposition.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Sentient Data posted:

That's just the kind of thing a plaintiff that's been posting under cover would say :ninja:

My neck is a perfectly normal size

E: thought this said defendant obviously, my bad

Pirate Radar fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 30, 2023

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

He filed the bankruptcy in anticipation of the adverse decisions in the suits and he created a bunch of fake debts that is pretty transparently a fraud. Now he's actually bankrupt so that's that. A series of ill-conceived plans.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Generic American posted:

I feel like this is giving him way too much credit, given that his whole Texan swagger is immediately countered by him living in Austin, which might be one of the most liberal areas in the whole state, instead of owning some ranch or hiding out in one of his bunkers. He constantly whines about how liberal the cities are getting and says that it might be time for him to leave because it's a lost cause, but then goes right back to his comfortable life until the next time that he gets worked up and makes the exact same declaration. He romanticizes the rugged cowboy lifestyle, but it's all just an aesthetic for him without even the slightest hint of commitment.

He loves putting on the persona, but he isn't willing to give up anything to actually reinforce it — he just wants to LARP as Colonel Travis (or more specifically, the fantasy version of him that he believes in) at the Alamo, surrounded by the Mexican Army and fighting down to the very last man. It's exactly as shallow as some lonely, out-of-shape guy buying a Cold Steel katana and cutting bottles with it in his backyard to feel like his favorite anime character.

He isn't the tip of the spear. He is the loud, drunk guy at the bar who only gets into fights when he knows that he'll win or has a friend there to dramatically hold him back so that he can feel dangerous. See also: his growling monologue to Wolf Blitzer about stomping a man's guts out and watching him bleed to death, compared to how he meekly responded to that clip during his deposition.

My Texas friends call is "All hat, no cattle" syndrome.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Gotta admit, this is good reading

E:

Kramer voice: "It's the cancel culture, Jerry, don't you get it? They're cancelling us." high pitched squeak of horror "We've been cancelled!"

EE:

I feel like underlining this entire document, there's no bad paragraph to choose.

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 30, 2023

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Volmarias posted:

Gotta admit, this is good reading

I feel like underlining this entire document, there's no bad paragraph to choose.

:vince: That final sentence is an absolute knockout blow.

Wait is Bankston the one writing these? Because if so he's kind of a loving pro at legal demolishment.

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022

InsertPotPun posted:

you need to learn that there are things other than extremes.
NO ONE. and i'm going to repeat this so i know you ignored it at least twice: NO ONE wants "instant justice" or for jones to be whatever jerk off fantasy you create up above. you god drat quote me a person saying ay of that. any of it. "geez this is slow" is not "instant". "jones is still vacationing i tropical destinations twice a month" is NOT "throw him in a woodchipper"
learn that there are things between "ALL" and "loving NONE" or your showers are going to suck.

Quoting this because this is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen posted on these dead, gay frog forums and I want to be able to reference it in case I ever start to think along these lines

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Yeah I'm 100% in favor of instant justice when it's 100% clear

Especially and particularly when involving the wealthy.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Psyduck.docx

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Baron von Eevl posted:

"He was probably drunk when [thing]" is a pretty accurate description of literally every moment of Jones' life.

The video of Alex loving up his nose was released if you haven't seen it.

https://twitter.com/scrowder/status...-in-wall-2023-3

Yeah he's drunk.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah I would not have predicted seeing a Big Lebowski quote in a legal brief. But then I also wouldn't have expected someone to demand a new trial because an expert witness didn't account for a judgment that hadn't even been rendered at the time of his testimony (and would have absolutely no bearing on his expert testimony anyway).

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

FFT posted:

Yeah I'm 100% in favor of instant justice when it's 100% clear

Especially and particularly when involving the wealthy.

it's a nice idea that i would love to agree with, but i think it's safe to assume that any legal "weapon" like this will automatically be directed, in the most discriminatory manner possible, at the people who are most powerless and least able to fight back against it. it seems like a hard tendency to legislate away.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Volmarias posted:

Psyduck.docx

God, I'm so jealous. As a lawyer you really relish any excuse to unload on opposing counsel like this. I will probably go the rest of my career and only be able to dream of smelling this much blood in the water.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

InsertPotPun posted:

the response to "i hate the way the system works" is not "well, that's the way the system works *shrugsies*"

Thing is I know I don’t understand the courts or their problems. I can see the results and am aware that when an institution needs a bunch of decorations, bibles, ceremonies, and silly clothes to claim legitimacy, there is an issue.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Have you seen a link to the Zoom call going around? I saw a Reddit post with the last one, after it had already happened.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Devor posted:

Have you seen a link to the Zoom call going around? I saw a Reddit post with the last one, after it had already happened.

Link to the previous Reddit thread from a couple days ago, the links/phone numbers are the same every time

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Piell posted:

Link to the previous Reddit thread from a couple days ago, the links/phone numbers are the same every time

The posts from here are all from 2-3 days ago. This will be the same place to go for the hearing mentioned in this post?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Morter posted:

The posts from here are all from 2-3 days ago. This will be the same place to go for the hearing mentioned in this post?

Yep, those are the links/numbers for the bankruptcy hearings, I've listened to a couple of them and they don't change

Edit: also im not sure if there is a hearing today but there definitely is a major deadline for Alex to turn in a bunch of documents coming up in a few hours

Piell fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Mar 30, 2023

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

So what do we think?

Doesn't turn in the documents

Or

Turns in documents packed with obvious frauds and omissions that are immediately detected.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Turns in a few documents. mostly not what was asked for. insists "we gave them everything"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Really, what is a deadline for documents submission but a glorified Mod Challenge?

In this essay,