Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

I dunno I’ve yet to see a non dollar denominated international commercial invoice.

some bulk trading going off the dollar nominally is not the big deal y’all think it is. wake me when the negotiated pricing isn’t based off dollar markets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Also GPT-4 blows chatgpt out of the water so give it a month or two before poo poo starts getting real stupid

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My posts are a hidden gem

They are a nugget, that's for sure.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I dunno I’ve yet to see a non dollar denominated international commercial invoice.

some bulk trading going off the dollar nominally is not the big deal y’all think it is. wake me when the negotiated pricing isn’t based off dollar markets.

Yeah, exactly.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

the state of CT is a hidden gem as long as you stay fixed on the shoreline and uhh make millions of dollars a year

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Hidden Gem is my current character title for my hobbit in Lord of the Rings Online :buddy:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

My posts are a hidden gem

Well they are hidden to like half of all posters

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

AI writing is still total trash. It'll be much better soon, but these people jumped on it too soon for the hype and not the substance.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Fitzy Fitz posted:

AI writing is still total trash. It'll be much better soon, but these people jumped on it too soon for the hype and not the substance.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Jon Irenicus posted:

the state of CT is a hidden gem

Well, it is home to Daym Drops...

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Mr Hootington posted:

It was. The rest is just scold bullshit. Oh no the wrong colored or gendered person wants to pass out flyers for abortion rights! Better turn them away!

From a ways back but absolutely LOL at this dumb poo poo take

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Bar Ran Dun posted:

dude it’s only been like 2 days since the lng deal went through

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Bar Ran Dun posted:

🙄

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Fitzy Fitz posted:

it is a wonderful illustration that "Great Writing" and "The Essay I got a B+ On in Undergrad" are the same things to our ostensible technocracy.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Bar Ran Dun posted:

"wake me up when i am being kicked directly in the balls, and no sooner"

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Penisaurus Sex posted:

it is a wonderful illustration that "Great Writing" and "The Essay I got a B+ On in Undergrad" are the same things to our ostensible technocracy.

and I assume outlets like Buzzfeed don't even have an incentive to generate decent writing. they just need enough to get clicks and generate ad revenue.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

fart simpson posted:

dude it’s only been like 2 days since the lng deal went through

bulk cargos (liquid and solid) are a pretty simple trade. they use old school ocean bills of lading that are a bit esoteric anymore but that would facilitate a non dollar payment.

I’d want to see the contract and the vessel charter party agreement. I think y’all are swallowing a wet fart on this one.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

your posts are a big wet fart imo

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Fitzy Fitz posted:

and I assume outlets like Buzzfeed don't even have an incentive to generate decent writing. they just need enough to get clicks and generate ad revenue.

They're basically just going for placement, but extremely repetitive stuff like that is going to be counterproductive so I'm surprised they're bothering.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pennsylvania did some poo poo permitting gas companies to raise rate and add weather adjustments for 2023. since the new year my gas bill on the budget plan has doubled

anyway, they're still billing me that doubled amount even though I'm positive on my budget balance

Thanks to the gas company and thanks to the PUC for making this all possible

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Fitzy Fitz posted:

the point isn't to make great writing, it is to cheaply produce bullshit to flood communications channels

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

nothings going on at all says some idiot multiple countries beginning to switch to yuan in deals no big deal

nothings ever a big deal or a change until it is

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
pfc, why are you still using gas? is a heat pump not available to you or something?

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Pennsylvania did some poo poo permitting gas companies to raise rate and add weather adjustments for 2023. since the new year my gas bill on the budget plan has doubled

anyway, they're still billing me that doubled amount even though I'm positive on my budget balance

Thanks to the gas company and thanks to the PUC for making this all possible

get off the budget plan. it's a scam to just get you to pay more ahead of time.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
get on that bike and don't stop riding it til your out of Pennsylvania

Apr 7, 2003

It was $132 four months ago!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Louisgod posted:

pfc, why are you still using gas? is a heat pump not available to you or something?

what does a heat pump cost to buy and install? :thanks:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the power company here signed a contract with the state to raise rates 37-40% this year alone

Apr 7, 2003

Louisgod posted:

because that's what's here

my water heater, furnace, stove, and clothes dryer are all gas

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
^ time to slowly replace them dude.

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

what does a heat pump cost to buy and install? :thanks:

it depends on the square feet of your place and if you have pre-installed vents in it. I have vents in my house from a furnace so when I got mine installed they retrofitted the heat pump to that system, so I get heat/AC all across my house. cost about ~$5k to get everything installed + labor, and my utilities bill, which is inclusive of water and sewage too, tops out at $150 a month, and even down to $90 if I don't have to use it that much.

you can also get ductless units installed for specific parts of the house that could cost ~$2k each.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Someone smarter than me could probably show that the Homework Kid idea of learning being the process of assembling What Teacher Wants coupled with the more adult Striver idea that intelligence = achievement is at the root of this.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Pittsburgh Methanol Cloud

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Bar Ran Dun posted:

bulk cargos (liquid and solid) are a pretty simple trade. they use old school ocean bills of lading that are a bit esoteric anymore but that would facilitate a non dollar payment.

I’d want to see the contract and the vessel charter party agreement. I think y’all are swallowing a wet fart on this one.

I'm kind of in the middle. I think this is not a "nothingburger," but you're also not going to see massive de-dollarization in just a couple of weeks or months. I don't think most normal businesses will see an effect for a while.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Eric Cantonese posted:

I'm kind of in the middle. I think this is not a "nothingburger," but you're also not going to see massive de-dollarization in just a couple of weeks or months. I don't think most normal businesses will see an effect for a while.

these are the same idiots that post the same version of this every-time something happens oh multiple train derailments ah thats completely normal towns poisoned ah thats completely normal

everything is always fine and the same consider them to be the other extreme if doomerism is one extreme

Tuckerd
Mar 29, 2023

by vyelkin

HallelujahLee posted:

the pertrodollar being replaced is happening faster than anticipated but yeah the reserve currency part is a slow ongoing process

the dollar being replaced by the yuan in two different trade agreements in two days seems to be entirely priced into every american market as of 1pm EDT

hell, crude oil is up almost 2% on the news

Tuckerd has issued a correction as of 18:14 on Mar 30, 2023

Tuckerd
Mar 29, 2023

by vyelkin

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

how does de-dollarization affect me the peasant

Bonus Time Baby!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I don’t know if it was intentional, and I realize the writers all went to Harvard, but there’s a reason Lisa Simpson perfectly embodies this kind of person and was a great way to mock Liz Warren.

Is Lisa really smart or has she just learned how to do homework the right way and tick all of the correct boxes while making insipid presentations?

Tuckerd
Mar 29, 2023

by vyelkin

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

HallelujahLee posted:

these are the same idiots that post the same version of this every-time something happens oh multiple train derailments ah thats completely normal towns poisoned ah thats completely normal

everything is always fine and the same consider them to be the other extreme if doomerism is one extreme

there are an average of 1,500 train derailments in the US every year. you're just hearing more about it now because of the Ohio incident last month. the media is capitalizing on the fact that the articles generate clicks, and absolute morons like you fall for it and think everything has started collapsing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

counterpoint: Everything is collapsing