Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

cheetah7071 posted:

The guy who knows way too much about pillows a few pages back reminded me of this thread, where someone posted asking "hey I really like this fork, does anybody know what make it is so I can get more forks like it?" and within five posts a Fork Knower showed up to post in detail about every brand it might be, and all the various advantages and disadvantages of the fork

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3950903&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

sebmojo posted:

Then there was a fork knower schism with a second fork knower turning up to challenge every single thing they had said

i skipped out on that thread too fast!

Antivehicular posted:

There is nothing better on this website than when Esoteric Thing Knowers show up to spout their wisdom

This is in turn why this thread is so great: it's an Esoteric Thing Knower thread about the forums, and thus a perfect recursive spiral of Good Knowledge

there is something better; it's when second esoteric thing knower comes in with a violently differing opinion

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

how dare you troll fork thread

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Psycho Landlord posted:

how dare you troll fork thread

i prefer to spoon

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Antivehicular posted:

There is nothing better on this website than when Esoteric Thing Knowers show up to spout their wisdom

This is in turn why this thread is so great: it's an Esoteric Thing Knower thread about the forums, and thus a perfect recursive spiral of Good Knowledge

Wisdom

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

That Little Demon posted:

Two Hours until IZWF

is there a link to the forums where this started, or to the twitch i think tchannel?

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

Mnoba posted:

is there a link to the forums where this started, or to the twitch i think tchannel?

https://www.twitch.tv/ritoru_demon

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Mnoba posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027060

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

pillowpost posted:

If this kind of thing appeals to you, there's also the blanketmod community. However, I tend to stay away from them due to it being populated by perverts who essentially make sex toys out of their comforters, which they call, obviously, "cumforters." Pillmodders are, in essence, nerds who are poor sleepers. Blanketmodders, in contrast, cut dick-sized holes in blankets with anime patterns on them and think they're engineers.

still laughing

Autisanal Cheese fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 31, 2023

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Autisanal Cheese posted:

still laughing

lmfao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

My favorite weird mod author story is the guy who made Gearscore for World of Warcraft. It was an addon that told you at a glance how good someone's gear was, so raid leaders could evaluate applicants quicker etc.

When Blizzard added a paid cosmetic mount to the game, some people got insanely mad about that including the addon author, so he quietly changed the addon to show anyone who owned the mount as having poo poo gear so nobody would invite them to groups. It took weeks before anyone caught on.

thats badass

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

another later wow mod scandal had someone who worked on an extremely popular user interface overhaul (elvui) add a backdoor so she/he could send commands to take over the game of anyone else using the overhaul that she/he didn't like to make them pass gear to him/her, quit groups, a bunch of poo poo.

Arivia fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 31, 2023

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
IZWF stream up, starts at 8pm

Come watch

Stream up for RAM!!

Starts at 8 EST

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Someone please ensure that bit of Arf going to town on Larry outside the ring is turned into a gif

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

IZWF stream up, starts at 8pm

Come watch

Stream up for RAM!!

Starts at 8 EST

get on the IZWF train its hell good

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

rox
Sep 7, 2016

number 1 wwe2k23 stream on twitch rn

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Is WWE2K23 worth it? I've been eyeing it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I can't watch yet I'm at work

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

rodbeard posted:

I can't watch yet I'm at work

I’m gonna be so pissed if I miss Jeffrey getting gob smacked with DDT

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lady Radia posted:

I’m gonna be so pissed if I miss Jeffrey getting gob smacked with DDT

The Jeff vs. TLD Fate of the Forums Match is part of the PPV next month, I think.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
My favorite MMO mount story was in FF14 when triple triad was released and the most expensive mount was Fenrir, which was also a giant mount. Someone poopsocked triple triad for multiple days straight and bought the mount and would hang around popular areas while riding it.

Like the following week someone won the cactpot and bought it and mounted it near him and the guy got pissed at them "showing off".

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Can you do custom imported theme music in 2k23?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Is WWE2K23 worth it? I've been eyeing it.

If you like simulations its amazing, I haven't played the actual game in over 200 hours of play so far lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Dandywalken posted:

Can you do custom imported theme music in 2k23?

no, we add custom music to our VODs on youtube though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlSnaHDMYCE

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

If you like simulations its amazing, I haven't played the actual game in over 200 hours of play so far lol

Yeah, IZWF is making me tempted to buy too

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Leal posted:

My favorite MMO mount story was in FF14 when triple triad was released and the most expensive mount was Fenrir, which was also a giant mount. Someone poopsocked triple triad for multiple days straight and bought the mount and would hang around popular areas while riding it.

Like the following week someone won the cactpot and bought it and mounted it near him and the guy got pissed at them "showing off".

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
triple triad ftw

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i havent ever played a wrestlign game or googled wrestling or anything like that but after IZWF i keep getting steam ads to buy the new WWE game lol. maybe?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Leal posted:

there was a really creepy weirdo with a creep weirdo crew who would idle in one of the mini-town zones (idyllshire) and you could get on a bigass mount like fenrir or behemoth and model-clip over them and they'd get super fuckin pissed about it

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

lobster shirt posted:

i havent ever played a wrestlign game or googled wrestling or anything like that but after IZWF i keep getting steam ads to buy the new WWE game lol. maybe?

you should if you like simulations because its insanely in depth

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

just know that you're going to constantly lose progress in everything you do because of numerous game breaking bugs that have existed in these games for the last 10 years completely unfixed

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Snow Cone Capone posted:

there was a really creepy weirdo with a creep weirdo crew who would idle in one of the mini-town zones (idyllshire) and you could get on a bigass mount like fenrir or behemoth and model-clip over them and they'd get super fuckin pissed about it

I met a similar crew (same maybe? I dunno what server these guys were on)

I was still a noob but a friend had gifted me the cruise chaser mount solely to torment me with the music and I parked it on top of some underdressed people standing around a minor quest hub clearly in RP mode and they started screaming at me in tells for daring to collect quests

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

hey butthead

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1702130/ACL_Pro_Cornhole/

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

you should if you like simulations because its insanely in depth

strong argument in favor, i shall consider

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Alaois posted:

just know that you're going to constantly lose progress in everything you do because of numerous game breaking bugs that have existed in these games for the last 10 years completely unfixed

Oh yes. Oh yes…. Lol. It has its moments that made me yell about this

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Only cool MMO item I've ever owned is the legendary gun in Guild Wars 2. Instead of going *pew pew* or *bang bang* it goes *honk honk whiff honk* and shoots particle effects of confetti and daisies. Sometimes people will kick you out of a group because you spend your downtime spamming the rapid fire skill and it annoys them.

it is my most treasured digital possession

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

quote:

legendary Cornhole personalities Trey Ryder and Bernie Nabors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

this is a whole world I had no idea existed. Finally, a cornhole podcast for us girls.