Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

No Wave posted:

I got thor in a diaper. marvel snap.

I would be legitimately excited if they offered a store item that would block the baby variants from appearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Sandwolf posted:

How about 0 in 40 😎

(have gotten another 3 pixels though, so 😎)

congrats you're part of the 1%

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

parasyte posted:

congrats you're part of the 1%

this is nowhere near as fun as I was lead to believe it would be

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Avasculous posted:

I would be legitimately excited if they offered a store item that would block the baby variants from appearing.
I find babies the most volatile. I like baby valkyrie is for example and baby nightcrawler is just good. There are ones that are just too far like diaper thor and baby MODOK. And then there's the monstrosity baby jane foster.

source: https://marvelsnapzone.com/variants/baby/

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

No Wave posted:

I find babies the most volatile. I like baby valkyrie is for example and baby nightcrawler is just good. There are ones that are just too far like diaper thor. And then there's the monstrosity baby jane foster.

the weirdest is the Red Skull one, I forget if that's baby or chibi but I don't know what the difference is between them anyways.

The nazi gets a cutesy card is a weird decision, although Red Skull being in a game built to sell you cosmetic cards of those characters seems weird.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Chainclaw posted:

the weirdest is the Red Skull one, I forget if that's baby or chibi but I don't know what the difference is between them anyways.

The nazi gets a cutesy card is a weird decision, although Red Skull being in a game built to sell you cosmetic cards of those characters seems weird.
He was the highest winrate pool 3 card and they buffed him. really makes u think.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Some of the Baby variants are awesome, like baby Galactus, baby Ironheart, baby Squirrel Girl, but good god do I hate seeing my opponent play baby Wolverine.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

No Wave posted:

He was the highest winrate pool 3 card and they buffed him. really makes u think.

Him being in the game is so weird, how can the conversation go anything besides "We need to make really cool art of this nazi that gets people to drop $15 in gold to buy the variant" or "We need to make the dumbest looking variants for this nazi so people don't think hey cool nazi variant"

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

No Wave posted:

I got thor in a diaper. marvel snap.

No Wave posted:

I find babies the most volatile. I like baby valkyrie is for example and baby nightcrawler is just good. There are ones that are just too far like diaper thor and baby MODOK. And then there's the monstrosity baby jane foster.

Got the Thor variant in a reserve, didn't use it until the shop offered the Jane Foster one.

Don't know if I'll ever upgrade them again. Common foils have that something special :smug:

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

No Wave posted:

I see a lot of enchantresses considering shuri is a quarter of the ladder. I guess it's better to run tech cards that actually win some matchups when tech cards dont do a whole vs shuri.

Tech cards can help vs Shuri, but there’s no single “I win” vs Shuri tech card in the same way Cosmo beats Wong.

I’m playing a Zabu Sera Hazmat deck at the moment that has a fair few tech cards and does well vs Shuri. Shang Chi is obvious. Green Goblin can fill the last slot behind their Armour where they tend to fill the first three gaps with their low cost cards early, stopping them protecting their big card there and helping win the lane. Goose can give you an easy win on a lane as long as you play them before t5 when their big guns drop. With the energy discounts enchantress can be dropped onto the armour lane with Shang chi on t6 (possibly with Cage and Hazmat elsewhere if you have Zabu and Sera out). I’ve won several times vs Shuri decks just today and am almost certain my win loss rate is positive.

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 31, 2023

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

team overhead smash posted:

Just hit infinite with a ramp deck.

Think it works well with Krakoa as a lot of the time any of their choices should be moderately good.

This deck finally got me over the hump into infinite as well. The versatility with Leech/Sandman as tech cards and BP/Doom for go tall or go wide options really gives it a good punch against just about anything.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Chainclaw posted:

pretty much all the cards get a cutsey cosmetic variant, and giving (one of) the nazi(s) an inherently diminutive/unserious stylization as (afaik) his only released variant makes sense in moving the association people make with the card from "genocide" to "snidely whiplash" without actually rehabilitating nazis/conveying strength (and his mechanical design is literally "gang up to beat the big nazi")

it's really more of an issue with Marvel as a property in any context where you're going to make villains playable game pieces, because some of the better-known heroes have rogue's galleries that are very heavy on nazis (Captain America + related characters especially)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I really wish I had taken a screenshot of my last game.

Turn 1: First location is Bar Sinister. I pass, my opponent plays Agent 13 middle.

Turn 2: Middle location is Plunder Castle. I play Okoye out right, my opponent passes.

Turn 3: Right location is Sanctum Sanctorum. I play Hood and Carnage on Bar, my opponent plays Green Goblin with priority. I end up with a 10 power Carnage and my opponent has 3 goblins.

Turn 4: I play Demon, Nightcrawler and Beast on Bar while my opponent passes.

Turn 5: I play Falcon, Carnage and Nightcrawler on Bar, my opponent plays Shuri. I have a 16 power Carnage and 3 1/3 Nightcrawlers. My opponent retreats. :)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Hey, Baby Black Panther from the mystery variant. I'll take it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

LGD posted:

pretty much all the cards get a cutsey cosmetic variant, and giving (one of) the nazi(s) an inherently diminutive/unserious stylization as (afaik) his only released variant makes sense in moving the association people make with the card from "genocide" to "snidely whiplash" without actually rehabilitating nazis/conveying strength (and his mechanical design is literally "gang up to beat the big nazi")

it's really more of an issue with Marvel as a property in any context where you're going to make villains playable game pieces, because some of the better-known heroes have rogue's galleries that are very heavy on nazis (Captain America + related characters especially)

Captain America goes back to WW2 when he punched Hitler. Red Skull was also in the first issue of Captain America way back in 1941. Both characters existed before Marvel Comics was even a thing.

Also someone brought it up months ago, but given that Snap is a licensed Disney property then Second Dinner probably has very little say on things like variants. It could be in their contract to provide at least 1 variant of every card released, and the Chibi version was probably seen as one of the least problematic ones. Like you said, it at least makes him look more like a cartoon villain but whether that's good or bad is subjective.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

HIT 60 :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: I really didn't think I was going to but oh my goodness does Sera put in the work. My variant was chibi Heimdall so that's awesome too. If only it was Pixel so I could have that all Pixel move deck one day...

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Chainclaw posted:

Him being in the game is so weird, how can the conversation go anything besides "We need to make really cool art of this nazi that gets people to drop $15 in gold to buy the variant" or "We need to make the dumbest looking variants for this nazi so people don't think hey cool nazi variant"

I mean, they made this Nazi the featured character in the welcome bundle

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Youremother posted:

Some of the Baby variants are awesome, like baby Galactus, baby Ironheart, baby Squirrel Girl, but good god do I hate seeing my opponent play baby Wolverine.

I got Baby Wolverine out of a cache the other day.

I will not be playing him.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Isn't it just Calvin peeing?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Another win for Rogue. I probably shouldn't have bothered with Angela on the last turn but it worked.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Second dinner you need to fix this kind of poo poo, its ridiculous.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I pulled Super Skrull and I honestly have no idea what to put him in. Patriot and hope to run into mirror matches?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Devo posted:

I pulled Super Skrull and I honestly have no idea what to put him in. Patriot and hope to run into mirror matches?

That's where I have him. He actually can do some good work sometimes but you also get dead hand drops with him too.

Had one mirror match where I played him and followed him up with Mystique and before my opponent could realize how hosed they were, they had already snapped me back.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

DurosKlav posted:

Actually, that first game is fine. Sucks if you're a ramp deck I guess.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

DurosKlav posted:

This is the perfect set of locations

for DOOM!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I have every Steampunk except Shocker at this point. Seems more generous than previous runs.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Completing this silly 40+ quest in the most silly way possible is great.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Youremother posted:

For all the badmouthing of pixel as the worst variant type, I have way more baby ones that I don't use (Wolverine, Jane Foster, Deadpool, Storm) than pixel ones (Invisible Woman and Carnage, and only because I have variants I like better for both).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Baby Deadpool and Storm aren't bad, but Storm has an awful lot of variants.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Storm is lucky enough to have a Jim Lee variant, the closest we're probably going to get to actual X-Men Animated Series variants.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Woo 2nd time today Xmansion has leeched me. Why doesnt that location just spawn X-men?

EDIT:

Another addition to gently caress you locations spawns.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Apr 1, 2023

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

DurosKlav posted:

Woo 2nd time today Xmansion has leeched me. Why doesnt that location just spawn X-men?

.... Leech is an X-man though

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Youremother posted:

Storm is lucky enough to have a Jim Lee variant, the closest we're probably going to get to actual X-Men Animated Series variants.
I have the Cyclops one and that's one of my favorite variants

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Who wins, bounce or Shuri?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I don't know why it only occurred to me now that I am seeing this deck that Valkyrie is a good fit with a Mr Negative deck

https://marvelsnapzone.com/decks/deck-negative-51/

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FlamingLiberal posted:

I have the Cyclops one and that's one of my favorite variants

Shame I don't have a use for him. Sometimes I throw that variant into my Surfer deck because it's so great.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

He's mainly used in Patriot decks

Or I use a Patriot/Surfer deck which can take advantage of both metas

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

RevKrule posted:

.... Leech is an X-man though

Is he? I've only watched the movies. I have 0 comic book knowledge. Cant imagine Patrick Stewart letting that thing in his club.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Apr 1, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FlamingLiberal posted:

He's mainly used in Patriot decks

Or I use a Patriot/Surfer deck which can take advantage of both metas

Oh I know. But with Galactus being so strong Debrii is better in that slot, and I typically want cheap cards to fix with Valkyrie or beefier cards like Thing and Abomination. There's just no room for him.

Patriot Surfer is kind of crap imo, but maybe I just suck at piloting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I was surprised to learn that Leech was like, twelve years old. Humbled me a little to realize I was raging about a card that represented a homeless little kid.