Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

Fun fact: eating 12 ounces of processed meat per day increases your risk of coronary heart disease by over 300%

Nah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I eat all my meat as god intended. Raw, freshly picked off the sausage tree.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

Fun fact: eating 12 ounces of processed meat per day increases your risk of coronary heart disease by over 300%

whoever figured this out needs to have their head shoved into a toilet and FLUSHED

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

what makes meat “processed”

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

pencilhands posted:

what makes meat “processed”

>2% sphincter content

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
wish Costco sold these

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

Spoken like a True Soy Boy

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Chinatown posted:

wish Costco sold these

Do they even still make those? I haven’t seen them in years.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I've seen them at 7/11

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Children's Motrin, 3 for $13. PBUC.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Someone mentioned the birria pupusas upthread i think. They just hit my warehouse

I ate one for breakfast.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Fartington Butts posted:

I ate one for breakfast.

Was it good??? I want to have one immediately

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Chinatown posted:

wish Costco sold these

They have the original flavor at the business center!

Moon god?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

Was it good??? I want to have one immediately

Hell yeah, but of course like all things of this sort it could use maybe 50% more filling.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

welch's fruit snacks > mott's fruitsations

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

namlosh posted:

Moon god?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

namlosh posted:

They have the original flavor at the business center!

Moon god?

goon mod?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Chinatown posted:

wish Costco sold these

Didn't we already talk about diarrhea?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

I believe you mean "bulking up your artery walls" - it's basically weight training for your vascular system.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

How much over 300%?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Thread friends, I hope you will hear my candid confession of an act, neigh, a desecration before Lord Kirkland, done in his very kingdom of Seattle, no less, on holy ground :(

It's been gnawing at my soul since christmas.

It is with great shame that I inform you that my wife, with good intentions, bought the giant serrano ham. She had no plan or understanding of this ham besides the fact that I had ogled its serene and gentle curves a fortnite before.

We live alone- well, we have a few cats; and to my great shame, I wasted most of the ham. I am a fantastic cook but I just had no idea how to use the thing. It sat in our garage, a symbol of my failure and her indulgence, for two months before I ultimately owned up to my sin and tossed it out (Seattle at the time was like 19 degrees so it was basically in a freezer, and kept fine that whole time).

I have no real aim here except to throw myself at the mercy of our Lord Kirkland, under him we shall never want- and lo these many days without polish nor onion dispenser, I must defer to his great wisdom that as we simply did not deserve the splendor of onion, we are derived of sin and can only beg for repentance.

May He forgive my sin :(

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Just return it three years later in a thousand slices

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Chunderbucket posted:

Just return it three years later in a thousand slices

Holy poo poo lol. See, this is why I don't make the big bucks. I'm not an idea man.

I've seen a couple of super boner returns over the years...

Once someone returned a dirty toilet. Like, there was poop on the toilet, and the lady was in line, with the poop toilet(???) I have no idea how that resolved ultimately but wtf. The employees were just sitting there staring at it. No one really wanted to make a first move.

Another time I was at Costco about 2 weeks after Christmas (this was years ago and unrelated to the serrano ham incident of winter 2023) and someone was, on my life, returning a loving christmas tree that was just... like... naturally dead. I'm 99% sure she got the return.

I feel like if you truly abuse the return policy like that, Costco should just accept the return but also return that year's membership fees and ban you. I'm cool with 95% of what people return but so many people regularly take advantage of the system. I've seen other minor poo poo like worn out clothes... just like, old appliances (???) that they clearly wanted to replace. gently caress those people.

Clearly costco accepts the hit with returns because it's something they're known for, but I'll bet they lose an absurd amount of money this way. Back in the day you could even return COMPUTERS this way once they were obsolete, but now they have a pretty blanket policy about not allowing returns of that class.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Sunday Morning posted:

How much over 300%?

The exact number should be 287%, so -13% over 300%. I had calculated 330% when I did a rough estimation yesterday. Oops.
Here's the meta-analysis I got the number from.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

The exact number should be 287%, so -13% over 300%. I had calculated 330% when I did a rough estimation yesterday. Oops.
Here's the meta-analysis I got the number from.

That seems like bad data analysis for a number of different reasons, but the general idea that processed meats increase your risk for heart disease is sound, so whatever.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Taima posted:

Thread friends, I hope you will hear my candid confession of an act, neigh, a desecration before Lord Kirkland, done in his very kingdom of Seattle, no less, on holy ground :(

It is with great shame that I inform you that my wife, with good intentions, bought the giant serrano ham. She had no plan or understanding of this ham besides the fact that I had ogled its serene and gentle curves a fortnite before.

We live alone- well, we have a few cats; and to my great shame, I wasted most of the ham. I am a fantastic cook but I just had no idea how to use the thing. It sat in our garage, a symbol of my failure and her indulgence, for two months before I ultimately owned up to my sin and tossed it out (Seattle at the time was like 19 degrees so it was basically in a freezer, and kept fine that whole time).

I have no real aim here except to throw myself at the mercy of our Lord Kirkland, under him we shall never want- and lo these many days without polish nor onion dispenser, I must defer to his great wisdom that as we simply did not deserve the splendor of onion, we are derived of sin and can only beg for repentance.

You slice it thin and eat it

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Taima posted:

You know it can sit on your counter, out of the sun, for months and months, right?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Taima posted:

We live alone- well, we have a few cats; and to my great shame, I wasted most of the ham. I am a fantastic cook but I just had no idea how to use the thing.

Did you try putting it in your mouth and chewing it

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Shoulda returned it. Maybe the price has even gone up since you bought it in which case you’re actually doing Costco a favor.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

What’s the easiest way to slice the slab of meat? I could never do it thin like deli style.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I tend to use a knife.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Sharpen the knife. No, sharper.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Just saw ham leg is on sale $20 off. Go buy another now that you know the right way to do it. Also shameful you did not consult church thread before trashing it. Repent!

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Grabbed a car battery today at the Co, comparing prices at other places like batteries plus, the Costco interstate batteries are superior in terms of specs and the price difference nearly pays for the membership on it's own.

Also grabbed some quick staples, Toilet paper, rotisserie chicken, and a hot dog.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

infraboy posted:

Grabbed a car battery today at the Co, comparing prices at other places like batteries plus, the Costco interstate batteries are superior in terms of specs and the price difference nearly pays for the membership on it's own.

Also grabbed some quick staples, Toilet paper, rotisserie chicken, and a hot dog.

how was the ‘dog

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Dog gud, putting condiments is a bit of a hassle so I don't bother these days.

Also there was a Karen at the tire center arguing with the sales guy for a good 10 minutes about why they weren't going to rebalance her front tires (she was getting her rears replaced) when they were already fine and she just started freaking out a bit even though the tire guy explained that it was unnecessary unless the car was driving rough. She walked out in a bit of a huff'puff.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Taima posted:

For Serrano, you either just eat it as is (very thinly sliced), or you can make it into croquetas, bocadillos, or even just chopped up and mixed with some scrambled eggs for breakfast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Vegetable posted:

What’s the easiest way to slice the slab of meat? I could never do it thin like deli style.

go to a costco business center and buy those giant meat slicers