Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

No worries major, post away

Why thank you, good imp! In that case, I'm tossing up between getting Tactics Ogre: Reborn and Triangle Strategy, as per Pablo's post. Funnily enough, they've actually gone on sale today, with impeccable timing! :v:
I have to say I prefer the graphics of TOR due to nostalgia, despite TS arguably having 'flashier' graphics overall. But as an older GBA Tactics Ogre game is the only JTBRPG I've played (unless I'm forgetting something, like how I forgot about TO until that Crystal Project map unlocked memories), so I guess what I'd like to know is whether either of them are better suited to new/rusty players? Also, bonus points if either let you do training/mock battles (presumably for negligible XP) like the old TO allowed you to do. Since those were always fun

Also, to keep kinda on-topic, here's a certain (campaign) map I have fond memories of:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

good poo poo

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

icons and background reminded me of the legend of mana world map

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Tarranon posted:

icons and background reminded me of the legend of mana world map

same.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

Major Isoor posted:

Why thank you, good imp! In that case, I'm tossing up between getting Tactics Ogre: Reborn and Triangle Strategy, as per Pablo's post. Funnily enough, they've actually gone on sale today, with impeccable timing! :v:
I have to say I prefer the graphics of TOR due to nostalgia, despite TS arguably having 'flashier' graphics overall. But as an older GBA Tactics Ogre game is the only JTBRPG I've played (unless I'm forgetting something, like how I forgot about TO until that Crystal Project map unlocked memories), so I guess what I'd like to know is whether either of them are better suited to new/rusty players? Also, bonus points if either let you do training/mock battles (presumably for negligible XP) like the old TO allowed you to do. Since those were always fun-
In Triangle Strategy you can grind up your party between maps by doing mock battles with no limits. You can also do extra battles in Tactics Ogre Reborn but there's a limit imposed on what level your party can get to depending on how far along you are in the story. As a strategy RPG enjoyer who is also not very good at them, I found Triangle Strategy a bit easier to complete.

Fun fact, when I went to ask my local shop if they had a copy of Tactics Ogre, the counter person went to look it up and asked me how to spell Ogre.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I haven't visited it so long...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

so sick

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I have Zeal as my phone background

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

nicest map you'll ever meet

twisted fuckin psychomap

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1CBGH_yySg

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

The music.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Oh lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

started looking for this lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I got the tude now posted:

started looking for this lol

:cheersdoge:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
A view of Kalimdor atop Mount Hyjal

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Leadthumb posted:

The music.

The orchestral arrangement Square put out a few years back makes me want to be featured in the crying at video game music thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKEOrh382io&t=316s

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

uncreativename
Jul 30, 2013

Good soup! posted:

The orchestral arrangement Square put out a few years back makes me want to be featured in the crying at video game music thread

I wish they would've done an orchestral version of my fave chrono trigger song. oh well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94rBtaQbM9Y

reminds me of how I felt when I found out the original version of Turks Theme wasn't going to be in ff7 remake lol (I did end up buying it eventually anyway, though)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

now that's a loving map

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Good soup! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKEOrh382io&t=316s

goat

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

oh hell yeah

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

pure masochism distilled into one image

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The world map of Alefgard is gonna be ingrained in my mind forever after finishing the the Dragon Quest 1-2-3 trilogy. Just plain awesome stuff

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

That's a pretty cool map! I've gotta wonder how rare Small Ponds and Wolf Caves are though, in order for (presumably) the only known one of each to be listed on the map

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the one, singular, bog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the one, singular, bog

Hah! Didn't even notice that. If this is a British-made map and therefore the bog is the toilet, drat there must be a big queue for it every day :D