Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Rank the mainline final fantasy games or get out

I played 3 (6 I guess) and uh Mystic Quest :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Haven't posted in the chat thread for a while but have still been reading everyone's posts. Great chill place to be.

Started playing the original Medal of Honor in my steam deck yesterday and it's pretty great! The fact that it has a modern style right stick looks, left stick moves control scheme as one of the options makes it possible to play without frustration. Can't believe we used to ever live with something different

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Jay Rust posted:

From top to bottom:

VII, XIV, IX, V, VI, X, XIII, XII, IV, XV, I, II, VIII, III(DS)

Never played:

XI, original III

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Dabir posted:

Yeah I heard people really like Dead By Daylight

The most mechanically boring game I've ever played

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

CottonWolf posted:

From top to bottom:

VII, XIV, IX, V, VI, X, XIII, XII, IV, XV, I, II, VIII, III(DS)

Never played:

XI, original III

13 above 4..........?

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Jay Rust posted:

Haven't played 8 or 11.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Dabir posted:

13 above 4..........?

XIII has one of the best combat systems in the series, IV just never really clicked with me. Perhaps because I came to it after VI and it just felt like a disappointment by comparison.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
XIII is good

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Doing this again are we :sigh:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

If they did an HD rerelease of the XIII trilogy, I'd buy it. I never played the second or third games

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gripweed posted:

If they did an HD rerelease of the XIII trilogy, I'd buy it. I never played the second or third games

They were.....already in HD....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

HDer

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffleman_ posted:

So were the Mass Effect games, they got an HD trilogy rerelease

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

My hottest Final Fantasy take is that FF6 is just kind of average. I'm right in the age group of people who have a lot of nostalgia for it, and there are individual parts that I really like, but as a complete product it's just kind of a mishmash of various sci-fi fantasy tropes without a strong connective tissue. Which is fine, because it was written for 11 year olds and you think all that stuff is really cool when you're 11. I think later games in the series did a much better job at balancing their cast of characters and worldbuilding. Peaking of course at FFX-2, the greatest JRPG ever made.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Waffleman_ posted:

HD didn't exist before 2012. And soon it won't have existed before 2020.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

My hottest Final Fantasy take is that FF6 is just kind of average. I'm right in the age group of people who have a lot of nostalgia for it, and there are individual parts that I really like, but as a complete product it's just kind of a mishmash of various sci-fi fantasy tropes without a strong connective tissue. Which is fine, because it was written for 11 year olds and you think all that stuff is really cool when you're 11. I think later games in the series did a much better job at balancing their cast of characters and worldbuilding. Peaking of course at FFX-2, the greatest JRPG ever made.

I feel the same tbh, but to be fair to VI it was more that it was one of the first games to try being more than a basic rear end adventure. Will give it props for Terra’s character arc, not a huge fan of her but it’s cool that a character’s story arc about finding out what love ends in a familial bond thing and not a cliche romance.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
FF9
Crystal Chronicles
The Bouncer

I think that about covers the FF games that I've played that I could rank

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

XIV
V
VII
XII
VI
XIII
X
IV
XV

That's all the ones I've played more than a few minutes of. Looking forward to finally playing VIII and IX after I finish VII

rox
Sep 7, 2016

XII
I

lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

7 & 10 at the top, 12 & 8 at the bottom, everything else somewhere in between.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/1642370095753334784

Congrats to the Elden Ring kid on becoming a WWE superstar

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Veeg has begun streaming Chrono Trigger.

https://www.twitch.tv/videogamessa

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Did the end of Okami make him cry?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
idk why don’t you come and ask him where have u even been Rarity!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Escobarbarian posted:

idk why don’t you come and ask him where have u even been Rarity!!!

I got poo poo going on

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Rarity posted:

Did the end of Okami make him cry?

he said 'gently caress this crappy dog game' and frisbeed the disc out the window. now he's being fined for rubbishery, which I guess is the british form of littering

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rarity posted:

vince mcmahon seeing this kid in the audience and starting to sweat

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rarity posted:

Strong "blacks for trump" guy energy.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Strong "blacks for trump" guy energy.

what?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

There was a dude that was constantly behind trump at all of trumps rallies who wore a shirt and held up a sign that both said "blacks for trump". The games award kid keeps showing up in the front row of tons of big events or award shows. I'm also reminded of Rollen Stewart. They all remind me of each other.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 2, 2023

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Veeg has begun streaming Chrono Trigger.

https://www.twitch.tv/videogamessa

drat that ending Flew by. I'll have to catch up on the end and the beginning tonight.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mr Hootington posted:

There was a dude that was constantly behind trump at all of trumps rallies who wore a shirt and held up a sign that both said "blacks for trump". The games award kid keeps showing up in the front row of tons of big events or award shows. I'm also reminded of Rollen Stewart. They all remind me of each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-N6CCIdUGk

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Jerma isn’t real he’s just something they made up to scare kids and gullible adults. Like the boogeyman.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

what?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think it's okay to not have such a trump brain that you think about trump every time someone goes to a lot of events

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I wasn't thinking about trump. I was thinking about the guy was always at those events. I remembered rainbow wig guy. I can't remember the guy who went to a bunch of basketball games and was dressed like a lunatic that was banned.

Edit: I'll do better next time by finding an anime or children's book reference.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 2, 2023

rox
Sep 7, 2016

bovis posted:

Haven't posted in the chat thread for a while but have still been reading everyone's posts. Great chill place to be.

Started playing the original Medal of Honor in my steam deck yesterday and it's pretty great! The fact that it has a modern style right stick looks, left stick moves control scheme as one of the options makes it possible to play without frustration. Can't believe we used to ever live with something different

glad to see ya :cheers:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

I wasn't thinking about trump. I was thinking about the guy was always at those events. I remembered rainbow wig guy. I can't remember the guy who went to a bunch of basketball games and was dressed like a lunatic that was banned.

Edit: I'll do better next time by finding an anime or children's book reference.

Just say "serial pest"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mr Hootington posted:

Believe it or not most people don't watch every Trump rally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Just say "serial pest"

I didn't know they had a term for it. Thanks! Looks like I'll read up on a few more of these weirdos