Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
paging forums user "pork never goes bad"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Do you think that cured meat is the same as raw? It isn’t, hth

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
PEOPLE.

PEOPLE.

WHAT.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cn7sOmsgW8-/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/losangeles/news/south-la-costco-looks-to-build-800-apartments-on-top-of-its-warehouse/

South LA Costco looks to build 800 apartments on top of its warehouse

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

That is beautiful

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
This is the only April Fools' Day post that got me yesterday and then immediately broke my heart

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

That's less of a prank and more of a crime :mad:

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Serious question: why did costco ruin the food court? Does it actually save SO MUCH money that it’s worth loving with their reputation?

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Have fun hearing the beeping of forklift horns all night

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
As someone who lives across from Costco, aside from the occasional rare truck horn/beeping from the loading dock, they are excellent neighbors.

I even use their dumpster sometimes when ours is full.

PBUC

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

namlosh posted:

PBUC

Sure, I mean, that’s part of the membership benefits. I don’t even have home garbage service.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Have fun in the middle of the night when someone accidentally opens the receiving door when they shouldn't have and deafening alarms go off

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Have fun eating buck-fifty glizzies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner :yum:

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Smugworth posted:

Have fun eating buck-fifty glizzies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner :yum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhEuKVGeVk

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

pencilhands posted:

Serious question: why did costco ruin the food court? Does it actually save SO MUCH money that it’s worth loving with their reputation?

By making the food court a quasi loss-leader they're incentivized to reduce cost as much as possible. If they sell 5% less pizza or hot dogs, but it actually saves you a little money then everyone up the corporate chain is happy. Lots of customers grumble about it, but did they lose any memberships over it? Probably not.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

namlosh posted:

Really this is just a new type of return you've unlocked.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
wasn't it covid that banged everything up on the menu

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

lol

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

npd2004
Sep 12, 2007
And on that day, we fought for Rome.

Truly high art in the cake making craft.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

:golfclap:

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Pure art.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The cake is a lie.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The cake is a lie.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

This person should consider working at Sam's Club.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

numberoneposter posted:

welch's fruit snacks > mott's fruitsations

that reminds me, what happened to the green box kirkland fruit snacks? i havent seen those in ages

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Is it just my dishwasher or are the Kirkland UltraShine Packs absolute garbage? I've never had issues with any other Kirkland product but compared the Cascade brand ones, some of the dishes come out dirty and almost all of them have a film or deposit on them.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

jisforjosh posted:

Is it just my dishwasher or are the Kirkland UltraShine Packs absolute garbage? I've never had issues with any other Kirkland product but compared the Cascade brand ones, some of the dishes come out dirty and almost all of them have a film or deposit on them.

I've never had a problem with them. My dishes are pretty clean with the exception of if I overfill the washer

I'd recommend getting your dishwasher cleaned if that's the case - sounds like it's inefficient

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

jisforjosh posted:

I've used them for a short time. I didn't have any problems but I hate pods so once I used them up I never got them again.

There could be a few causes for your problems. First thing I would do is clean the catch at the bottom of the tub, then run a dishwasher cleaner. A dirty dishwasher leaves dirty dishes. Also make sure you're using a rinse aid.

The problem with pods is that you don't get any detergent for the prewash cycle which is where the bulk of the dirt comes off of. You only need a little because it's a short cycle so two pods is overkill and a waste of money but none doesn't work very well.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
We switched to loose powder for our dishwasher and have not had an issue with dishes being clean since. Cheaper, not paying for water, and as mentioned powder allows prewash which helps a ton.

Pods are convenient I guess but genuinely worse at the entire point of dishwashing.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

KakerMix posted:

We switched to loose powder for our dishwasher and have not had an issue with dishes being clean since. Cheaper, not paying for water, and as mentioned powder allows prewash which helps a ton.

Pods are convenient I guess but genuinely worse at the entire point of dishwashing.

This is the way

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Does Costco even sell powder anymore? There was a couple weeks where I could only find pods and stopped looking after that.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I haven't seen it. That's why I use the gel, I know powder is better but I can't be bothered.

I also like the extra layer of child safety security with the cap.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

jisforjosh posted:

Never had an issue in my dishwasher. We run it probably 5x per week.
We got a two pack with our dishwasher purchase a few years ago but they screwed up and sent us 4 or 6 or something. We just had to buy more. Thostco

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
Kirkland brand dishwasher packets are bad. We bought them a few times but have permanently switched to Cascade.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
All Kirkland packets all the time. Dishes overall come out great. Once in a while I get a fork or something that doesn't come clean and that's probably got more to do with what was on it, how dry it was, and the location of it in my machine.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

StormDrain posted:

All Kirkland packets all the time. Dishes overall come out great. Once in a while I get a fork or something that doesn't come clean and that's probably got more to do with what was on it, how dry it was, and the location of it in my machine.

Same for my experience with them. Works great for us.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
sounds like some of you need to watch a guy with serious dishwasher opinions

get yourself a hotdog and drink with free refill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rBO8neWw04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll6-eGDpimU

If nothing else, run your tap to hot before starting your dishwasher but also get the powder because it's better at actually doing dishwashing. Not gel, unfortunately.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Does Costco even sell powder anymore? There was a couple weeks where I could only find pods and stopped looking after that.

Not at mine, unfortunately, but I get the generic house brand at my local grocery store and it's absolutely fine. there is no brand advantage to dishwasher powder I have ever heard of, so if it's cheap and at your store, give it a try.

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 3, 2023

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Y'all not doing a simple scrub & rinse on your dishes before they go in the washer wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

SirPablo posted:

Y'all not doing a simple scrub & rinse on your dishes before they go in the washer wtf
This is objectively a waste of water and energy. It’s at best unnecessary and at worst may make the dishwasher a little less effective.