Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
i'm going to fight a car today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

spacemang_spliff posted:

good luck i hope you win

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
https://twitter.com/bigthink/status/1640655018687709184?cxt=HHwWgIC-vYDD48QtAAAA

Love car -> need parking wherever you take car -> stuff gets spread out -> cant walk. need car. -> need more parking

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

content warning: non life threatening injuries to car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynhumAumc8Q

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

i made the joke because they disabled the mace-gun safety and accidentally shot it, ergo trigger warning

i thought it was funny

:kiddo:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Hubbert posted:

i made the joke because they disabled the mace-gun safety and accidentally shot it, ergo trigger warning

i thought it was funny

:kiddo:

oh that's a solid pun, nvm

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

cat botherer posted:

https://twitter.com/bigthink/status/1640655018687709184?cxt=HHwWgIC-vYDD48QtAAAA

Love car -> need parking wherever you take car -> stuff gets spread out -> cant walk. need car. -> need more parking

yeah, no one ever talks about parking

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I e honda'd a silverado

everyone stood up and cheered

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

spacemang_spliff posted:

I e honda'd a silverado

everyone stood up and cheered

i zangiefed your mom

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

i zangiefed your mom

good. i'm happy for you both :colbert:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

spacemang_spliff posted:

good. i'm happy for you both :colbert:

is your mom marjorie taylor greene?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Grassy Knowles posted:

is your mom marjorie taylor greene?

the last time I talked to my mom she out of nowhere was like "I hope MTG dies lol"

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

the last time I talked to my mom she out of nowhere was like "I hope MTG dies lol"

Lol my mom lives in her district and the things she says about that woman would probably justify a civil commitment

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

spacemang_spliff posted:

zangief is getting around then lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

spacemang_spliff posted:

its going to the die the way wotc keeps on making GBS threads out terrible sets

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

alpha bro who refuses to eat anything that isn't raw meat because that's how our caveman ancestors did it but can't walk a mile to a grocery store so he drives his F250

A couple weeks ago someone either here or the hot takes thread posted one of those RETVRN wheat field accounts that talked about taking their kids back to the lives of our ancestors and included driving a stick in the list, I thought it was a pretty good one sentence encapsulation of the confluence of chud, dumbass, and carbrain

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i drove stick as a kid and then my dad crashed my car and now my left leg twitchs non stop on the rare occasions when i drive cause stick doesnt exist on this continent now.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I'm not 100% sure but I blame the jolty feeling of poor handling when being a passenger in a car in the USA on automatic transmission doing AI poo poo. Maybe we could try to get a car to drive itself on a single gear first before putting it in charge?

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Old Disney cartoon where driving turns Goofy into an rear end in a top hat
https://twitter.com/BrentToderian/status/1642422485600854016?t=HmkoETMOmAbFWvKiTn13oQ&s=19

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ardennes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PVxA_UfK5M

An interesting video about Culver City possibly removing a bus/bike line in one of the few recent success stories as far as mixed-use planning around LA Country (probably SoCal at this point). The chief reason seems to be that drivers are simply jealous of watching buses/bikes pass them, and there isn't a good other reason besides simply resentment. They are simply being 'driven' insane.

Jesus

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Polo-Rican posted:

https://twitter.com/BrentToderian/status/1642422485600854016?t=HmkoETMOmAbFWvKiTn13oQ&s=19

Old cartoons didn't GAF (Warning, cartoon violence!) :nws:

https://i.imgur.com/btJNAft.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/cdVv0kw.mp4

ajkalan has issued a correction as of 02:58 on Apr 3, 2023

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Omg I can't believe you would post auto playing video of graphic fatal car accidents like that when did this turn into pyf snuff films MODS?!?!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ajkalan posted:

Old cartoons didn't GAF

please nws that

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

OK, done

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Polo-Rican posted:

I think I've posted this a couple times. I love those old shorts.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
without cars i would never have killed that guy. cars ftw

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

where did the "these automobiles are everywhere, like pigeon poo poo" quote come from again please

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

cowboy beepboop posted:

where did the "these automobiles are everywhere, like pigeon poo poo" quote come from again please

'social ideology of the motor car' iirc

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

cowboy beepboop posted:

Italian vets from the first world war I think

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

NeatHeteroDude posted:

the safety of subways etc. vary widely but in my/my wife's experience like 7/10 rides are fine and the remaining ones are either a little stressful or unsafe. the big thing is that you don't know when the ride will be safe or stressful, it feels like you have to be alert all the time. for us all it really took was one bad trip to make every subsequent trip very stressful, and i was pretty happy when we could finally afford cars to drive

I used to sleep on the train on my way to/from work everyday it ruled. Granted I was a white dude living in Munich so other people/locals may be a very different experience.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

Italian vets from the first world war I think

The Italians are okay sometimes

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

dxt posted:

I used to sleep on the train on my way to/from work everyday it ruled. Granted I was a white dude living in Munich so other people/locals may be a very different experience.

My weirdest subway story was a middle-aged woman doing a football spin move to get in front of me at the door so she could leave before me.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

dxt posted:

The biggest factors in determining the probability of a stressful/dangerous encounter on the subway, from my experience in Chicago where it's become much more common, seem to be in no particular order

1) The extent of homelessness minus the extent of decent public shelters
2) Whether you are a woman
3) Whether you are socially marginal or physically vulnerable in some other way (especially being homeless)

Frankly the best thing we could do for public transit in this city would be to build a bunch of good public shelters so the public transit infrastructure doesn't have to serve both functions.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Frankly the best thing we could do for public transit in this city would be to build a bunch of good public shelters so the public transit infrastructure doesn't have to serve both functions.

absolutely, public transit being dangerous is a symptom of much bigger issues. One of the local news stations here in Minneapolis did a scare story about how dangerous it is to ride the light rail, they showed some people using drugs in order to drum up support to fill the trains and stations with cops.

https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/news/wcco-cameras-capture-rampant-drug-use-on-metro-transit-light-rail-trains/

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Cars solve the problem with homelessness twice though. You can sleep in your car, plus you can kill homeless people with your car, no consequences. No need to improve society, it's already perfect.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

personally idk if i'd mind people just injecting drugs as long as they weren't going wild or anything. maybe there could be a special car for that? or stalls?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

dxt posted:

absolutely, public transit being dangerous is a symptom of much bigger issues. One of the local news stations here in Minneapolis did a scare story about how dangerous it is to ride the light rail, they showed some people using drugs in order to drum up support to fill the trains and stations with cops.

https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/news/wcco-cameras-capture-rampant-drug-use-on-metro-transit-light-rail-trains/

The bumper teaser hyping this story was funny because you can see all the normies getting off behind the reporter.

NeatHeteroDude posted:

personally idk if i'd mind people just injecting drugs as long as they weren't going wild or anything. maybe there could be a special car for that? or stalls?

Safe injection sites are the answer and will never get to happen. :(

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
The actual biggest problem with the light rail in Minneapolis is it only goes from the mall of America to downtown and from downtown to St. Paul. Unless you need to travel between those points it's not very useful.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

cowboy beepboop posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Boywhiz88 posted:

Safe injection sites are the answer and will never get to happen. :(

yeah it's such a massive public health boon to give people a place where they have alcohol swabs and unused syringes