Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

spacetoaster posted:

How long until they release a report saying that Saudi Arabia was actually responsible for 9/11 and we need to invade them?

Didn't the brandon administration already do that last year in response to SA refusing to raise production?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Almost as if there was no ethical consumption in capitalism and that Capital is ultimately a corrosive element.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Nineteenth century Americans ate bread fried in bacon fat for breakfast.

most people died of tuberculosis before the cancer and heart disease got em

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
https://twitter.com/kobeissiletter/status/1642276961115308032?s=61

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Stereotype posted:

the atrocious life expectancies are a mixture of black people being murdered by racist capitalism and cops and poor white people being murdered by their own hands and unfailing suicidal loyalty to the rich.

it’s mainly the latter because the former is still a massive minority (26% black in Alabama for example)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

honestly insane oregons this high now wtf

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

jesus christ this is so hosed up

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

North Idaho is dragging down Boise. Boise is drat near as expensive as Los Angeles now.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Stereotype posted:

the atrocious life expectancies are a mixture of poor black people being murdered by racist capitalism and cops and poor white people being murdered by racist capitalism and cops

ftfy

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I thought the reason microplastics were bad is cause they hosed with your endocrine system, but I freely admit to not being a doctor of plastics medicine

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SlimGoodbody posted:

I thought the reason microplastics were bad is cause they hosed with your endocrine system, but I freely admit to not being a doctor of plastics medicine

insulin is a hormone my man

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

totally sustainable

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

anime was right posted:

most people died of tuberculosis before the cancer and heart disease got em

lucky

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Why is that?

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

I thought it was weird that a toxic swampland hit #8 but then I forgot that many of america's towns are superfund sites anyway, or about to become them

Apr 7, 2003

lol why is Idaho's median so high. It's a big loving empty state. plenty of room to build new poo poo

Apr 7, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Why is that?

This is a joke about how dying young is preferable to living in this lovely country for any long period of time.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lol why is Idaho's median so high. It's a big loving empty state. plenty of room to build new poo poo

almost like it's not a problem of supply

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

What counts as ultra processed? M&Ms? Triscuits? Cheetos? All of the above?

the part you are asking about is at 3:00. this whole talk is super good though, highly recommended. to answer your questions, all of those

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_im2zAuBmME

actionjackson has issued a correction as of 01:56 on Apr 3, 2023

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

500 good dogs posted:

my body isn't room temperature inside

lol also instead of metabolizing fats does it instead somehow shunt them directly into the blood stream

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost
Americans eat 3600kcal/day or something like that, it’s a wonder we’re not even fatter

Apr 7, 2003

500 good dogs posted:

why not

Apr 7, 2003

lil poopendorfer posted:

Americans eat 3600kcal/day or something like that, it’s a wonder we’re not even fatter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_food_energy_intake

Ireland somehow consumes more but they're all thin

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

It’s Boise. Retiring Californians sell their homes and move to Boise and pay for a home in cash. This has created several problems:

- The minimum wage in Idaho is still $7.25/hr
- Retired people do not provide labor but still require labor for service fields.
- Jacking up the home and rent prices in the area has created a huge exodus of young people for higher paying areas. Any young person that can leave does.
- The retired people are now complaining that “every place is short staffed.”

Edit: Most of Idaho is federal land. South East Idaho is a desolate poo poo hole that nobody wants to live in. Mountain Home was rated one of the most depressing city in America at one point iirc.

FlapYoJacks has issued a correction as of 01:56 on Apr 3, 2023

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

FlapYoJacks posted:

It’s Boise. Retiring Californians sell their homes and move to Boise and pay for a home in cash. This has created several problems:

- The minimum wage in Idaho is still $7.25/hr
- Retired people do not provide labor but still require labor for service fields.
- Jacking up the home and rent prices in the area has created a huge exodus of young people for higher paying areas. Any young person that can leave does.
- The retired people are now complaining that “every place is short staffed.”

if we started some sort of government department of diners we could probably fix a lot of problems

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Koirhor posted:

its all the legal weed now causing the munchies!!
I mean yeah I’m lit as hell right now and just walked down the street for a bacon cheeseburger and fries.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

They burn a lot of calories carrying shilelaghs and trekking through bogs

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

SourKraut posted:

I stopped using anything but stainless steel for my hot coffee several years ago; of course, it's going to leach out nickel and chromium from the stainless, but, you know, lesser of two evils and all that!

I don't think it will do that.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

500 good dogs posted:

I can fix that. :murder:

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

imagine the smell (of putrid rotting goon meat)

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

You couldn’t pay me to live in any of those places just to be a homeowner.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Fxhedgers/status/1642648773640998913?s=20

McDonalds being considered a milestone for a recession or depression would be pretty appropriate

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
lol are they doing the "if you're not fired, your security pass will let you back in to the building tomorrow, otherwise drop it in the mail chute" thing

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

McDonald’s somehow has 200k employees

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Rectal Death Adept posted:

https://twitter.com/Fxhedgers/status/1642648773640998913?s=20

McDonalds being considered a milestone for a recession or depression would be pretty appropriate
turns out people cant afford $13 mcbreakfasts?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

FlapYoJacks posted:

North Idaho is dragging down Boise. Boise is drat near as expensive as Los Angeles now.

north Idaho is where all the retired LA cops go to be with their fellow nazis

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Accelerating the Arches 2.0

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I’ve literally never driven by a McDonald’s at any hour and not seen 20+ cars in both drive thru lines

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

webcams for christ posted:

I mean it's not like Obseity Medicine is it's own discrete field nowadays with its own journals, board certifications, and over half a century of studies into the etiology or anything haha, that would make everything much clearer

Post moas or be quiet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

FlapYoJacks posted:

Mountain Home was rated one of the most depressing city in America at one point iirc.

imagine a place called mountain home being lovely lmao