Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Atleast Shane gave everyone a fun wrestlemania moment tonight :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Intruder posted:

Rock promised Vince he'd do next year's Mania if Roman was still champ

why wouldn't Rock want to face Cody as champ? homelander with a Florida man meth tattoo is as close as he'll get to the superman faceoff he wanted

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Intruder posted:

Rock promised Vince he'd do next year's Mania if Roman was still champ

god i hope that's true and Rock still doesn't do the match

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

JUNGLE BOY posted:

why wouldn't Rock want to face Cody as champ? homelander with a Florida man meth tattoo is as close as he'll get to the superman faceoff he wanted

perhaps you forgot that roman utilizes the superman punch :colbert:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
at the very least, cody doesn't have to deal with the requisite "lackluster first world title reign after wrestlemania"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Digital Jedi posted:

god i hope that's true and Rock still doesn't do the match

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I can't wait until the next time Fed stans try to convince me this time Lucy will let them kick the football, anyone who expects otherwise get what they deserve

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
WWF: You Do Not, In Fact, Have To.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
all I have to say is

lol, lmao

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For those curious, an onsite report from someone there mentioned that the audience was deflated when Bianca won, and again when Cody lost.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I’m really bummed. Go ahead and laugh at me because you could never hurt me as bad as the WWE has.

What the gently caress man?

I deserve this for giving them the benefit of the doubt. Lol. What a mark

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

make him be stardust again

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Had a rip-roaring time hooting and hollering with my buddies at John Wick 4 and then I come home to find out Cody lost at Mania, what an entertaining day.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I have extremely low expectations of WWE's booking and still am just in awe that Roman went over

Incredible poo poo

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That DICK! posted:

make him be stardust again

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

havent kept up with wrestling in a bit decided to watch the cody match because it's cody: lol

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I'm not even that anti-WWE these days (more apathetic) but I tuned in for the main event and just my 2 cents as a complete casual, I too had to laugh at that ending. I was actually surprised at most of the match being pretty good up until the final interference. All that build up with Cody overcoming one thing after another and they really decided to go right back to the status quo. Like mindbogglingly poo poo booking.

Even if he ends up winning later, it really just won't matter nearly as much as it could've. This ain't no Rocky 1 and 2. Vince, never change.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ouch, this must suck for people that believed the Cody story was going somewhere positive

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’m really bummed. Go ahead and laugh at me because you could never hurt me as bad as the WWE has.

I just feel bad for all wwe fans, they deserved more than one dub coming out the weekend

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Cody just needs to leave again, start another new company, then return and maybe he can get his win in the main event of wrestle mania lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

iamsosmrt posted:

Even if he ends up winning later, it really just won't matter nearly as much as it could've. This ain't no Rocky 1 and 2. Vince, never change.

This is the Roman Reigns story as well

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

No, you're right this is your own fault for not thinking this is exactly what would happen

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

man broke his fuckin tits for this

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I've never seen anyone buried as bad as Cody was.

Congrats you dumb mark.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Coaaab posted:

I just feel bad for all wwe fans, they deserved more than one dub coming out the weekend

why?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

That DICK! posted:

man broke his fuckin tits for this

He gave it all away, gave it all away for this

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Coaaab posted:

I’m not so sure about that

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Eat My Fuc posted:

He's still going to Finish The Story. Cody would never let us down

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Eat My Fuc posted:

I'm sorry, EMF. I hoped it would happen too, but I knew this company would stab you in the back. Its what they do.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
did he get in any real offense or just the figure four

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cody paid tribute to his dad by coming up short in a title match

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

lmfao, just lmfao, it was never gonna be any other way

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I’m not so sure about that

They don’t deserve poo poo but they were given this hilarious gift anyway

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

This company is obsessed with "records" in a pre-determined business and they will shoot themselves just to say "Roman reigns has been champion for 1000 days"

:lol:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm glad my Tribal Chief, the Head of the Table, the Needle Mover, Godmode, the Big Dog Roman Reigns remains the undisputed world champion

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i have a sneaking suspicion that cody is going to decide that he's actually wanted the us title all along because his dad was the american dream etc. he wont win it but the feud will be ep;ic

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Well don't I look dumb for trying to make sense of all the booking the past 6 months and concluding it had to be they were all in on giving Cody the biggest possible rub. Lugered the fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

all joking aside I can't believe Cody didn't go over. Just the easiest win possible and they shoot themselves in the dick. And they sacrificed Sami being the hottest babyface since Danielson for this