Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’m really bummed. Go ahead and laugh at me because you could never hurt me as bad as the WWE has.

What the gently caress man?

I deserve this for giving them the benefit of the doubt. Lol. What a mark

I'm sorry EMF. I hope you don't do anything crazy like get a neck tattoo in this depressing state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I haven't read this thread in months but I just had to see the reactions to that finish.

I haven't watched WWE ppv in years, but do they seriously not have a single baby face with some friends that could watch their back?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

has anyone edited the "aww... aaaawww" over the finish of the main event yet. send it to me in a pm

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
did Roman really win lol. this isn’t just a meme?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Seams posted:

did Roman really win lol. this isn’t just a meme?

roman reigns won because he's the big dog and i love him

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

i'm sad

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
cody dared to tread in roman's yard

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The jackets are in the enclosed pool area.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

The jackets are in the enclosed pool area.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I’m not so sure about that
wwe may be run by a bunch of dirt worst assholes but the crowd at wrestlemania didn't need to look like they found out their grandma just died

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Intruder posted:

all joking aside I can't believe Cody didn't go over. Just the easiest win possible and they shoot themselves in the dick. And they sacrificed Sami being the hottest babyface since Danielson for this

You have to be a real loving dense at this point to think Vince ever wanted a hot babyface like Danielson

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

It's almost kind of comforting that nothing has changed.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
It takes massive guts to make that call but I disagree so much. There's no topping what they built to there and to not go with it......I just don't understand the rationale. I know it could be hard to end a run like Reigns has had but I don't see any bigger moment to do so than what they had with Sami and then Cody. Who's the person? What's the story?

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

lol cody

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Coaaab posted:

wwe may be run by a bunch of dirt worst assholes but the crowd at wrestlemania didn't need to look like they found out their grandma just died

why?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
so did Roman win via tonnes of interference and cheating to give Cody an out or was it just superman punch, spear, welcome to the big leagues kid

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Stall_19 posted:

It takes massive guts to make that call but I disagree so much. There's no topping what they built to there and to not go with it......I just don't understand the rationale. I know it could be hard to end a run like Reigns has had but I don't see any bigger moment to do so than what they had with Sami and then Cody. Who's the person? What's the story?

WWE is about moments

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Seams posted:

so did Roman win via tonnes of interference and cheating to give Cody an out or was it just superman punch, spear, welcome to the big leagues kid

solo sikoa gave him the samoan spike

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
https://twitter.com/jessithebuckeye/status/1642734604074246145?s=20

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[eyes welling with tears from laughter] this is so sad and hosed up

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

the story is “our fans are bastards who we hate”

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

They don’t deserve poo poo but they were given this hilarious gift anyway

The gift of not feeling like giving any more fucks for this dumb company.

Intruder posted:

This is the Roman Reigns story as well

About 6 years down the line, Cody's Rhodeshow faction featuring all former AEW stars will reign supreme.

I wasn't necessarily expecting them to actually pull the trigger on a Cody victory going into the match, but I'm more in shock that they actually managed like a really good match up until that point setting up the Cody victory only to gently caress it up anyway. The story doesn't really have anywhere interesting to go from here, just maybe Cody demanding a rematch with even MORE desire to finish his story. Even worse, assuming he actually wins, it only sets up a rubber match. Ugh.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

the story is “our fans are bastards who we hate”

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I like that Cody was still doing the pseudo-heel entrance, just being a self-indulgent prick and the crowd ate it up. Big Kento Miyahara energy

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Congratulations to Sami and KO for their consolation prize Wrestlemania moment. At least they ended a WM night as some kind of champions.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

what was here what was here omg pls

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
because i'm empathetic like that

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Why the hell is there a rubber chicken in the ring?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Miching Mallecho posted:

This company is obsessed with "records" in a pre-determined business and they will shoot themselves just to say "Roman reigns has been champion for 1000 days"

:lol:

Yup and pretend to be shocked, but Kevin Patrick mentioned that if Bianca makes it to Backlash as champion, she becomes the longest reigning modern women's champion. It's all about arbitrary numbers that literally no one but WWE cares about. WWE is the only wrestling company on this planet that thinks length is the most important thing in a champion's reign. It's about quality + number of title defenses + length. Not just length alone.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Seams posted:

My convoluted prediction of a bunch of spears, superman punches and crossrhodes was more or less true, but actually pretty well paced until they remembered they hated sending a crowd home happy.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Maigius posted:

show respect to the american nightmare

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

2 night wrestlemania is honestly brilliant. Just put the guy who your audience is most behind in the me of night 1 for a second or third tier title, then you can have whatever hosed up poo poo you want in the real me lol. There will never be a mania like 30 again.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://twitter.com/RockGun90/status/1642737303532498944

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Maigius posted:

It represents choking.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

what was here what was here omg pls

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Coaaab posted:

because i'm empathetic like that

At this point if you go to a WWE show and expect anything different its your own fault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

iamsosmrt posted:

Even worse, assuming he actually wins, it only sets up a rubber chicken match.