Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Answers Me posted:

https://twitter.com/ShiningPolaris/status/1642745671718699010?s=20

It lands right on him lmao, closest I’ve come to feeling sorry for him.

‘The comedy rubber chicken was meant for Roman but it hit Cody instead’ somehow feels like the perfect metaphor

He should have just turned heel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

kitten emergency posted:

Endeavor controls the company, not wwe.

It’s also kinda immaterial in terms of getting money out of the deal; you can get lines of credit secured against investments. Vince is gonna get paid no matter what.

I don't understand any of this poo poo oh well I hope he dies

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ending should have involved The Fiend imo, who would destroy all the bloodline but then Cody as well. Roman then forms the Puppetline

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
woke up this morning and realized all over again that wwe really did do that poo poo

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

The WWE is officially sold

https://investor.endeavorco.com/new...ny/default.aspx

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Kaveman posted:

I don't understand any of this poo poo oh well I hope he dies

I’ve got some exciting news for you about the linear nature of time and aging then

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I had this thought as well but thought it was too dumb to say out loud

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
All I can ever hear when the word Endeavor pops up is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-yWNAKyXFE

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Didn't last year's WM follow the same formula? I seem to recall everyone being happy with how night one went and then night two was being brought right back to reality with an unpleasantly predictable ending.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Maduo posted:

It only just clicked for me that it's THAT Ari Emanuel. Jeremy Piven's character from Entourage owns WWE now.

Maybe Turtle will be the one to take down Roman Reigns.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I think the funniest part about how that match ended last night was the weak rear end chest clothesline (sorry, SAMOAN SPIKE?) being the last nail in the coffin so to speak. Like it wasn't even a cool or impactful move that did cody in it was some jabroni punching Cody once in the corner that was the kill shot after he kicked out of a handful of finishers. They coulda set up some stupid bump at least to make it look good but ah well just go give em a little boop on the chest that should be enough.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i've been awake for about an hour, thinking about all of the funny poo poo going down, and somehow only just now remembered shane mcmahon

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JoelPearl/status/1642738491044896770

Only a third of the way into Reigns' championship run!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

I'm just wondering, with the new company being a publicly traded one, if this means Endeavor's (or whatever the new company's name is) board of directors can just fire Vince if he gets involved in another scandal with company money

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Bard Maddox posted:

Vince and his family getting even richer because of a sale? nice to see that the good guys in this business end up winning every once in a while

Everyone except Shane who sold his stock years ago. Who also has a torn quad now.

And LMAO if Cody was set to win up until that sale was announced

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm just wondering, with the new company being a publicly traded one, if this means Endeavor's (or whatever the new company's name is) board of directors can just fire Vince if he gets involved in another scandal with company money

yeah and they can also fire dana white for hitting his wife on camera

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/JoelPearl/status/1642738491044896770

Only a third of the way into Reigns' championship run!
As people pointed out, that would put him north of Bruno.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Remember a couple months ago all Twitter could talk about was how this was the BEST WRESTLING STORYLINE OF ALL TIME

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

lmao at the cody.

lmao at ufc buying wwe.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Imagining Vince talking to Roman about storyline plans

"Alright Roman you're going to be champion for the next 10 years don't even worry about it"
"Cool"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Vince: "I'm sorry Shane. I'm selling the company so I can't take care of your surgery."

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I doubt Vince even calls him by his name, anymore.

It’s probably “Kid” or “Pal” or “Jack”.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Its gonna be so funny when mjf signs and also gets to lose to roman

Like he tries to make roman run through his gauntlet and roman just superman punches him

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I just can't muster any sympathy for people heartbroken by the booking. Its been a decade of just straight up lucy pulling the football away. You can move past it, and heal.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I obtained a copy of Night 2 and watched the Intercontinental Title match. Maybe it hit better when you saw it raw without any preset expectations, but I thought it was ... OK? Decent match, but people WAY oversold it, and the chop fest aspect, and so did the commentators who were losing their minds at Sheamus' chest being kinda red. If this is what passes for a "bloodbath" in the WWE, then loving lol the product's been neutered.

Also the presentation was hilariously bad. Constant embarrassing AR poo poo, cutting away from 2/3 entrances to show the same loving Mike's Harder Lemonade ad. The camera work is still pure poo poo, the commentary wasn't great either.

E: and double lol at Vince only being back to sell the company, not get involved in any way honest, why would he, he said he wouldn't, no evidence he'd lie.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

explosivo posted:

Imagining Vince talking to Roman about storyline plans

"Alright Roman you're going to be champion for the next 10 years don't even worry about it"
"Cool"

5 years in:

roman: "can I literally ever take a vacation"
vince: "do I take them"
roman: :(

I hope someone brings a beach ball tonight so security can poo poo itself

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

5 years in:

roman: "can I literally ever take a vacation"
vince: "do I take them"
roman: :(

I hope someone brings a beach ball tonight so security can poo poo itself

roman has a very limited schedule only surpassed by brock, he's constantly on vacation lol

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

That DICK! posted:

i have a sneaking suspicion that cody is going to decide that he's actually wanted the us title all along because his dad was the american dream etc. he wont win it but the feud will be ep;ic

Cody losing to theory would be even funnier than roman

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Astro7x posted:

Everyone except Shane who sold his stock years ago. Who also has a torn quad now.

And LMAO if Cody was set to win up until that sale was announced

SRS at least, is claiming this was always the plan.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Hoss Corncave posted:

Didn't last year's WM follow the same formula? I seem to recall everyone being happy with how night one went and then night two was being brought right back to reality with an unpleasantly predictable ending.

Mayeb it's just a bad memory and bias to the company but I want to say all since they changed to 2 nights they have all been like that.
One night is great and the other just isn't.

I'll have to look back see what the cards all were and ratings for them.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I obtained a copy of Night 2 and watched the Intercontinental Title match. Maybe it hit better when you saw it raw without any preset expectations, but I thought it was ... OK? Decent match, but people WAY oversold it, and the chop fest aspect, and so did the commentators who were losing their minds at Sheamus' chest being kinda red. If this is what passes for a "bloodbath" in the WWE, then loving lol the product's been neutered.

Also the presentation was hilariously bad. Constant embarrassing AR poo poo, cutting away from 2/3 entrances to show the same loving Mike's Harder Lemonade ad. The camera work is still pure poo poo, the commentary wasn't great either.

E: and double lol at Vince only being back to sell the company, not get involved in any way honest, why would he, he said he wouldn't, no evidence he'd lie.

The bar is so low that an amazing, all time great Wrestlemania is roughly the equivalent of a half-decent Tony Khan ppv

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Hoss Corncave posted:

You don't even need to reach back that far. This match felt beat for beat like Roman vs . Sami from only six weeks ago.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I hope they have Cody finally beat Roman at one of the KSA shows.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah. Watching and posting with everyone helped mitigate it, but I could not see myself watching another WWE PPV this year with how bad the presentation still is. You also got to skip it, but there was actually 19 minutes of wait between the women's tag team 4way and the intercontinental 3way. And like half an hour after the cage match before the C*dyjob. Insane. (Though the latter got me enough time to come up and make this edit before the main event)

gently caress's sake, Edge speared Finn into a stair, and the impact was covered literally by a shot of the ref's rear end.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

projecthalaxy posted:

lmao at the cody.

lmao at ufc buying wwe.

don't you
forget about shane

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
His name is Shame McMahon

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Did they break the 4th wall or whatever claims they were making before, at WM?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Cody better be on BTE this week

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

they are totally gonna have Cody on Raw cut a big promo to #ContinueTheStory tonight and WWE fans will once again fall in line to say the story is good, but they'll be lying to themselves (very practiced). wwe missed the boat and Cody winning in Saudi Arabia or whatever is going to be a total joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I'm sure Cody will be just fine after he gets attacked by Bray Wyatt on Raw tonight and has 3 months of storylines where he has to "face his demons" or whatever and that rabbit handpuppet is dressed up like one of the Young Bucks.