Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

super sweet best pal posted:

Not surprising, WWE pretty much has to grow and diversify because AEW's spent the last four years poaching their talent and CM Punk.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

We do.

I do what to ask how everyone thinks the thread is going? I feel it has become too "general chat" compared to the more "economics chat" it used to be. I also think people are focusing too much on "doom" and getting into a doom-spiral posting.

If anyone has any comments you can post them in reply or pm me.

i think it would be good to return to economics chat, but i'm not worried people are getting into "doom-spiral" posting. it's the doomsday economics thread, it's supposed to be doom focused.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
cm punk destroying a decade plus of good will and adoration from wrestling fans in 15 minutes over a muffin lmao

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
it was just the weekend. it's fine.

so with the OPEC cuts the inflation narrative will continue apace... Jay is going to keep raising rates forever isn't he

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1642856226370252800?cxt=HHwWgMCz3ZPCzMwtAAAA

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/business/status/1642857237252042754?s=20

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Kreeblah posted:

I'd be interested in reading a thread like that, especially if it has anything to say about why Americans are so uniquely bad when it comes to obesity (I assume it has something to do with how much less food-like the "food" we eat here is vs. other countries as well as our gigantic portion sizes, but I'd be curious what actual data has to say about it).

Americans are not uniquely bad, they're not even in the top ten anymore.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

DickParasite posted:

lmao ok this got me

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

So obesity is highly correlated with pacific islander immigration. Huh. Interesting.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
a lot of you assholes here make fun of America's investment bankers, I don't know how you can watch this and not think "wow, they really are suffering just like us" as the wealth that she creates from her emails trickles down to me like drippings off an ice cream cone

https://i.imgur.com/IW2dumD.mp4

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Not pictured: The number of significant figures in her paycheck

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Beached Whale posted:

a lot of you assholes here make fun of America's investment bankers, I don't know how you can watch this and not think "wow, they really are suffering just like us" as the wealth that she creates from her emails trickles down to me like drippings off an ice cream cone

less work than a teacher

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

I work in manufacturing and between our network and two others we deal with and adding in people I know from other manufacturers there seems to be a pretty large slowdown in the contract manufacturing business.

One large company that manufacturers for about 80 different customers is currently begging us for extra work because they are at 60% of capacity. This is a big deal because years ago we built our own capacity since this manufacturer has been beyond 100% capacity and on overtime for the past decade we have been dealing with them. Anytime we approached them with work they would just give us ridiculous prices and lead times. Now they are cold calling and giving huge discounts on output to try and keep their doors open.

What's funny is the feds infinite stimulus might be hiding the slowdown they are looking for. Small business are imploding and large businesses are doing layoffs but the stock market won't crash because the trillions they printed in 2020 are still washing around.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

super sweet best pal posted:

Not surprising, WWE pretty much has to grow and diversify because AEW's spent the last four years poaching their talent and CM Punk.

I have learned the new ceo is ari Emanuel is the brother of Rahm and Ezekiel.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

DickParasite posted:

2/5 Americans are obese Jeet Christ

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob

Beached Whale posted:

destroying my health and sanity for my worthless job at the email factory. sympathy pls

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

hard to beat the techgals tiktoks since they followed up with videos after being laid off

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Beached Whale posted:

why even commute? shower at the gym and sleep at the office.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

DickParasite posted:

:nsa:

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Zodium posted:

i think it would be good to return to economics chat, but i'm not worried people are getting into "doom-spiral" posting. it's the doomsday economics thread, it's supposed to be doom focused.

Yeah I mostly just lurk but I enjoy the economics stuff during the week and the random stuff on the weekend as long as it’s chill and not full of slap fighting.

I’m not worried about the doom posting too much either because the one thing this thread has proven over and over is how wrong goons are so this thread is probably the only thing keeping the wheels on the bus at this point.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

webcams for christ posted:

cool. maybe I'd nest that under another bullet point of: Pathophysiology of obesity and metabolic diseases?

also: Evidence for and construction of nutrition guidelines

the constructs of "health foods," "junk food," etc would overlap between the above and anthropology of food

Definitely, that's looking like an awesome thread.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

ArmZ posted:

why even commute? shower at the gym and sleep at the office.

They don’t want you working from home.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Mustached Demon posted:

nuclear family unit is a bible thumper thing though so it may run contrary to that

The nuclear family white picket fence stuff is a red herring. They'll never actually support a society that makes that a reality because they need the unmarried heathens to give meaning to their theological struggle.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

lil poopendorfer posted:

2/5 Americans are obese Jeet Christ

It's even more mind boggling when you look at overweight + obese.

Per the CDC:

Percent of adults aged 20 and over with overweight, including obesity: 73.6% (2017-2018)

We are very much on the path to there being no healthy Americans.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

webcams for christ posted:

I'm going to start working on an Effortpost OP for a new thread,

Shoot me a DM if you want some contributions/ideas from the clinical side of things.

I’ve never worked in bariatric or weight management specifically, but I’ve done a lot of work adjacently and apparently made more referrals to weight management in 2022 then anyone in my hospital system lol.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Beached Whale posted:

“Nice little princess shift you have there.”

-healthcare workers, everywhere

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

from 2:30 to 6:00pm I hover my keyboard with the WASD gamer stance.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

And yet still no value was created.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
im not glamorizing as i crave public attention on one of the biggest social media platform

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
🤔
https://twitter.com/as_a_worker/status/1642881120889864194?t=iEwHFMMTee_7pcusjIm4QA&s=19

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Wasn't there some article recently about how Japan would be saved if all the retirees would just commit seppuku?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
I can't believe neoliberalism is doing this

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
This is the next logical step after you've written off a certain percent of the population as being economically useless.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Nothus posted:

This is the next logical step after you've written off a certain percent of the population as being economically useless.

hooting and hollaring about internalizing the idea that modern civilization prioritizes the importance of the "economy" and an ancient equivalent of a ten-person caveman tribe prioritizing Giant Stack of Mammoth Tusks above all else to the point if you cannot contribute to the Mammoth Tusk Pile you are shoved off a cliff

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1642847160000720900?s=20

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

To understand what these terms mean you would need to flip away from your latest Redfin Pittsburgh home sale price lists for five minutes and skim the paper referenced in the chart or click on one of the links people have shared

They're dumb categories

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

is pepsi ok posted:

Wasn't there some article recently about how Japan would be saved if all the retirees would just commit seppuku?

he is only saying what the governments of "international community" want

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

is pepsi ok posted:

quite a feat considering that in around two decades approx 1/3 of the entire pop is going to be >65

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Nothus posted:

if we've learned anything from the past three years it's that you sort of need those "economically useless" people to do the work that keeps society running, but I guess the people in charge are too busy huffing their own farts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Nothus posted:

Rahm Emanuel's brother wrote about how everyone over 75 should just shuffle off this mortal coil and we keep seeing government policy that's determined to make it happen