Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

Rahm Emanuel's brother wrote about how everyone over 75 should just shuffle off this mortal coil and we keep seeing government policy that's determined to make it happen

Gosh, wonder what happens to the economy when you get rid of 20.6 million people who spend more individually than people under 25 do

https://www.bls.gov/opub/btn/volume-4/consumer-expenditures-vary-by-age.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1642877117863002113?s=20

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Continued contraction in S&P reading.
https://twitter.com/LiveSquawk/status/1642886446573932545?t=tAxeqppCLQpo3yJja5JnHw&s=19

ISM drops in 7 minutes and is expected to be lower.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m assuming the answer is “no”

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

why do we Rise if not to Grind?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

A literal flashlight-under-the-chin ghost story for WSJ readers lol

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Oh God this is really it, I'm dying, I see the light. My whole life is flashing before my eyes!

*me in grade school staring at an overhead projector*

*me in college staring at a powerpoint*

*me at work staring at a screen*

*me at home staring at a screen*

Ahhhhh, a life well lived.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

is pepsi ok posted:

It's even more mind boggling when you look at overweight + obese.

Per the CDC:

Percent of adults aged 20 and over with overweight, including obesity: 73.6% (2017-2018)

We are very much on the path to there being no healthy Americans.

its really hard out there for people who are attracted to people with a BMI under 25

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

is pepsi ok posted:

It's even more mind boggling when you look at overweight + obese.

Per the CDC:

Percent of adults aged 20 and over with overweight, including obesity: 73.6% (2017-2018)

We are very much on the path to there being no healthy Americans.

reminder that a BMI > 25 is a significant comorbidity for covid-19

over 200m Americans have significant covid-19 comorbidities lmao

"you don't have to worry about it if you're healthy!"

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

Beached Whale posted:

a lot of you assholes here make fun of America's investment bankers, I don't know how you can watch this and not think "wow, they really are suffering just like us" as the wealth that she creates from her emails trickles down to me like drippings off an ice cream cone

https://i.imgur.com/IW2dumD.mp4

I hope someone crashes a plane into her office tower.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Canada's euthanasia program is being expanded to cover homeless and mentally ill people probably because it's cheaper to just kill them than try and solve the issues that creates the problems

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
My dream is an opt-in euthanasia program for the elderly where in exchange for signing a strict DNR you get access to any drug you want and 24-hour nursing staff to administer them.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

I just want to say that a crack ping is really just a failed saving throw against psychic damage

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
ok for an actual econ question:

anyone know when the funding for state grants for mortgage assistance is going to end/run out?
Post '08, everyone with hosed up housing payments was supposed to apply for hamp loans and get their interest rates knocked down via loan mods. This didn't work very well for a lot of reasons, but that was the plan
Now, interest rates jumped. Can't HELOC as easily either. But if you're in default, and , let's say, in Illinois..

quote:

The Illinois Emergency Homeowner Assistance Fund (ILHAF) program is now accepting applications for assistance!

The Illinois Emergency Homeowner Assistance Fund (ILHAF) provides up to $60,000 in mortgage assistance to eligible homeowners — paid directly to the servicer, taxing body or other approved entity

that cant just stick around forever, right? and of course i assume it's badly implemented/advertised, because otherwise everyone would be going wait what? and strategically defaulting

i could answer this myself but i dont want to go look up biden's ARPA and figure it out if someone else already knows

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 15:45 on Apr 3, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/C_Barraud/status/1642890071572348931?t=S7k8_nP0bGV2BsM-Cgif7A&s=19
Across the board contraction. Employment and prices paid showing big drops. Yields plummeting and stocks flying.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
We did it, we cooled down the economy. Now we can heat the economy up!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

The balloon is the :nsa: smiley

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Gosh, wonder what happens to the economy when you get rid of 20.6 million people who spend more individually than people under 25 do

https://www.bls.gov/opub/btn/volume-4/consumer-expenditures-vary-by-age.htm

Boomers Die, Number Cries (but still goes UP!)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

webcams for christ posted:

I'm going to start working on an Effortpost OP for a new thread
C-SPAM > Political Economy of Food, Behavioral Health, and the Obesity Industrial Complex

Yessss

So much of it seems poorly understood, even by the experts. There's lots to discuss.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Koirhor posted:

its really hard out there for people who are attracted to people with a BMI under 25

It's even harder if you're only attracted to people with bmi under 25, that don't use nicotine containing products, don't have ugly tattoos and don't have horrible opinions.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I don't normally look at the CSPAM homepage. Is it always full of Stewie Griffin Politics posts?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Azuth0667 posted:

It's even harder if you're only attracted to people with bmi under 25, that don't use nicotine containing products, don't have ugly tattoos and don't have horrible opinions.

drat thats rough

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I don't normally look at the CSPAM homepage. Is it always full of Stewie Griffin Politics posts?

yea, it’s p normal

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Yeah. So much of it seems poorly understood, even by the experts. There's lots to discuss.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

ok for an actual econ question:

anyone know when the funding for state grants for mortgage assistance is going to end/run out?
Post '08, everyone with hosed up housing payments was supposed to apply for hamp loans and get their interest rates knocked down via loan mods. This didn't work very well for a lot of reasons, but that was the plan
Now, interest rates jumped. Can't HELOC as easily either. But if you're in default, and , let's say, in Illinois..

that cant just stick around forever, right? and of course i assume it's badly implemented/advertised, because otherwise everyone would be going wait what? and strategically defaulting

i could answer this myself but i dont want to go look up biden's ARPA and figure it out if someone else already knows

Based on the eligibility for the illinois program, if you are able to strategically default you probably have too much money to qualify, otherwise its more throwing in the towel. You also need a "covid hardship" but that could be anything.

who even knows how state grants works, without spending a billion years digging through congressional acts or terrible department websites. like a lot of these programs it'll probably hit up 5% of those eligible, reject 90% of those people, then be silently canned in an omnibus

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

yeah, they're really funny

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Fitzy Fitz posted:

we're taking the forum in a new direction, CSPAM is no longer a leftist shitposting forum, it's now for discussing stewie griffin politics

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Azuth0667 posted:

that alone is already a killer right there

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Koirhor posted:

But what a time to be alive for chubby chasers.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Woke Mind Virus posted:

Yeah. So much of it seems poorly understood, even by the experts. There's lots to discuss.

lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Yes. We are in a new era. Join the discussion in the thread you choose.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Salvor_Hardin posted:

My dream is an opt-in euthanasia program for the elderly where in exchange for signing a strict DNR you get access to any drug you want and 24-hour nursing staff to administer them.

That's pretty much the case now with hospice centers (not in-home hospice).

Medicare will fully cover hospice but you won't be treated for anything other than easing your end of life.

It's also true to some extent for home hospice, but the drugs are more regulated, bc it's the family & other caregivers administering them rather than medical professionals.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Beached Whale posted:

a lot of you assholes here make fun of America's investment bankers, I don't know how you can watch this and not think "wow, they really are suffering just like us" as the wealth that she creates from her emails trickles down to me like drippings off an ice cream cone

https://i.imgur.com/IW2dumD.mp4

At least she's not making it look glamourous like the tech versions of these things.

It seems safer from an HR standpoint not to make these at all, mind you.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
sad really if you like them thicc people shed a tear and thank you for being progressive, but if you like them thin you are part of the problem. many sides

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Koirhor posted:

sad really if you like them thicc people shed a tear and thank you for being progressive, but if you like them thin you are part of the problem. many sides

get down with the thiccness

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

get down with the thiccness

This needs to be a Thread title somewhere

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Willa Rogers posted:

That's pretty much the case now with hospice centers (not in-home hospice).

Medicare will fully cover hospice but you won't be treated for anything other than easing your end of life.

It's also true to some extent for home hospice, but the drugs are more regulated, bc it's the family & other caregivers administering them rather than medical professionals.

Yeah but that's just for end of life and the scope of drugs is limited. I want this for fully capable 80 year olds who are are ready to check out and want to go out candy flipping and railing pharmaceutical grade blow.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

I've been tuned into my local small business community for years even though that's not really my client base anymore, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the fed really did hit their mark and a ton of these guys are already dead businesses walking. Lots of obvious stress over the last six months and definitely a noticeable shift to more sober concerns about conditions from the very obviously astroturfed "no one wants to work anymore!!!" bullshit.

I dunno, it's just anecdotes, but it feels like something.

Edit- Posted this before, but I don't think you're going to see tons of firings in the legitimately small business spaces until those businesses start collapsing completely. Too many of these businesses are already operating at minimum staffing levels and couldn't fire people even if they wanted to do it.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

Rahm Emanuel's brother wrote about how everyone over 75 should just shuffle off this mortal coil and we keep seeing government policy that's determined to make it happen

They read Asimov and thought Earth was the good guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I thought you all hated boomers anyways!!!