Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MJeff posted:

Pretty sure SRS said last night that this had been the plan for weeks.

This really is just what they wanted to do. They really are just that bad at this. Which is the funniest outcome of all.

It's even better

It was planned with no interference til the last minute according to them

If we assume that's true and I have severe doubts that means the interference was their attempt to protect Cody rather than just lose clean.

That was them being benevolent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
What if the finish leads to an opening promo thing on Raw where they set up a rematch on Raw and Cody wins the belt? Is that dumber or better than last night?

Red fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 3, 2023

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Red posted:

What if the finish leads to an opening promo thing where they set up a rematch on Raw and Cody wins the belt? Is that dumber or better than last night?

He's having a tag match with a "mystery partner" tonight.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Red posted:

What if the finish leads to an opening promo thing where they set up a rematch on Raw and Cody wins the belt? Is that dumber or better than last night?

A billion times dumber so sure why not

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

He's having a tag match with a "mystery partner" tonight.

Uncle Howdy

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Red posted:

There is nothing WWE can do to salvage Cody.

Last night was like if after all the build to All Out happening it sold 500 tickets.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

This will be cheaper than the jackets and surely everyone will agree this would settle the debt. I’m a size large

HowMs this?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
They should skip all the filler and just make Cody Stardust tonight.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

HowMs this?

A true work of art

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lid posted:

It's even better

If we assume that's true and I have severe doubts that means the interference was their attempt to protect Cody rather than just lose clean.

lmao so no interference completely negates HHH's "the story's not over" bullshit

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Red posted:

They actually did this with Roman once, kinda. He got so sick of being cheated out of the title, he beat the gently caress out of Sheamus and all of his buddies and then when HHH came out, he beat the gently caress out of him too. Then on TV the next night, Vince put him in a title vs. career match and he punched Vince in the face and beat Sheamus to win the world title and everybody agreed it was pretty cool! Then they went right back to loving it up, but, nevertheless.

If Mania had gone off the air with Cody and KOSZ snapping and just beating the gently caress out of the Bloodline, that would've been cool. But instead we got Roman holding up his belts while Cody gets smacked with a rubber cock.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMg--oc-xzs&t=105s

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
What I want to know the most is if C*dy knew when he asked if Brodie Jr could come. Did that man really think "oh, I should lose in front of Brodie Jr, that'll really get heat." and if it's for shoot that Amanda Huber didn't know. That she didn't know she was sending her son to be a prop for heat at the company her late husband escaped from for bullshit like that.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

BGrifter posted:

Kinda want to see roman walk out, dump the stardust jumpsuit on the ground, laugh and leave

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Eat My Fuc posted:

HowMs this?

Hang it in the Louvre

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lid posted:

It's even better

My conspiracy theory? This is them trying to prove the whole gambling on wrestling thing is viable. They locked in Roman winning, created a storyline where the logical choice would be to pivot and have the other guy go over... and stuck to the finish in the secret envelope, see gaming commissions, we can be trusted!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

and it was the same guy thrown out earlier just coming back out again

:effort:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tato posted:

I'm glad Cody Rhodes had an awesome plan ready to counter The Bloodline, the faction that literally interferes (multiple times) in every Roman Reigns match. I just don't think "Absorb Solo's spike with my neck" was a good plan.

He got the neck tattoo to absorb the Samoan Spike, but Solo was smart enough to target a different spot and there goes Cody

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Gaz-L posted:

My conspiracy theory? This is them trying to prove the whole gambling on wrestling thing is viable. They locked in Roman winning, created a storyline where the logical choice would be to pivot and have the other guy go over... and stuck to the finish in the secret envelope, see gaming commissions, we can be trusted!

gently caress we didn't realise that gambling poo poo was probably Endeavour mandated due to vertical integration with their gambling platforms.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It would definitely be rubbing salt in the wound to point out Cody's contract was almost definitely frozen while his pec was torn and based on my memory he's about 3 months into his tenure however long that might be.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The only way to save cody is to fuse the codyverse and howdyverse immediately, tonight

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

"gahhhhhhh! he bopped me!"

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston
Vince looks like John Waters on steroids.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

reignofevil posted:

It would definitely be rubbing salt in the wound to point out Cody's contract was almost definitely frozen while his pec was torn and based on my memory he's about 3 months into his tenure however long that might be.

I had no idea this is a thing, source?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If you come to WWE and you bring Brody Jr just to watch you lose your big match… you’ve got

https://youtu.be/BXhQAIS2Qn4

And I’ll let you find out in eight years what a mistake that was when that kid grows up.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

Why are bad things funny

Good things don't happen anymore so we're all just left to choose the funniest bad option

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
https://twitter.com/DisneyPrimePlus/status/1642735376858054657?t=fNqCl7BCYZQSUDSvOe2iOg&s=19

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MorningMoon posted:

What I want to know the most is if C*dy knew when he asked if Brodie Jr could come. Did that man really think "oh, I should lose in front of Brodie Jr, that'll really get heat." and if it's for shoot that Amanda Huber didn't know. That she didn't know she was sending her son to be a prop for heat at the company her late husband escaped from for bullshit like that.

In fairness he probably just had a great time at wrestlemania because he’s a 10 year old child who’s obsessed with wrestling and being ringside for the Codyverse is just part of that life

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

If you come to WWE and you bring Brody Jr just to watch you lose your big match… you’ve got

https://youtu.be/BXhQAIS2Qn4

And I’ll let you find out in eight years what a mistake that was when that kid grows up.

In 8 years Brodie Lee Jr will challenge the Big Dog, The Samoan Powerhouse, The Head of the Table, the Moana of the House to a title match at Wrestlemania and lose lol.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Anyone say Vince looks like Brak’s dad yet? Because he does

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I am crying at this lol. Who throws a pizza!

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Tato posted:

I'm glad Cody Rhodes had an awesome plan ready to counter The Bloodline, the faction that literally interferes (multiple times) in every Roman Reigns match. I just don't think "Absorb Solo's spike with my neck" was a good plan.

They should have given Solo Sikoa a worked thumb and had Cody's neck tattoo bite it off when he attempted the Samoan Spike

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

RandolphCarter posted:

I dunno, I don't see it.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

RandolphCarter posted:

Paul? Did you move my chair?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

CopywrightMMXI posted:

In 8 years Brodie Lee Jr will challenge the Big Dog, The Samoan Powerhouse, The Head of the Table, the Moana of the House to a title match at Wrestlemania and lose lol.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

BGrifter posted:

Give us Broken Cody recycling all of his old gimmicks and maybe some gimmicks from other people too

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

In fairness he probably just had a great time at wrestlemania because he’s a 10 year old child who’s obsessed with wrestling and being ringside for the Codyverse is just part of that life

so you're saying He's Just Happy To Be Here?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i still love the cody-ster and will cheer him

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Cody probably thought he was winning when he sent the invites. it's happened before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Merge this thread and the MMA thread now