Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Charles Leclerc posted:

So I just bought a new house, I need the thread's collective wisdom on what percentage of rooms I paint Rosso Corsa to properly show my unwavering support for the Scud? I'm thinking anything less than 75% is half assing it and there are some sick deals on red carpets right now.

Just make sure the Cornices/Base boards are carbon fibre black! to match the Rosso Corsa walls!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

TheBacon posted:

drat OP I am trying to buy a house right now and now I know what filters I need to start applying to my zillow searches. Good looking out tifoso

#EssereFerrari

Oh does Zillow have a filter for “within X miles to the nearest fire department”?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Oh does Zillow have a filter for “within X miles to the nearest fire department”?

:xd: :kingsley:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lmao

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

TheBacon posted:

drat OP I am trying to buy a house right now and now I know what filters I need to start applying to my zillow searches. Good looking out tifoso

#EssereFerrari

Search for foreclosures

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Red_Fred posted:

I forgot that this was famed racist Nelson Piquet
I think there's a nuanced discussion to be had here about separating the decor from the Monaco apartment renter because in spite of the Piquet family's awful political and social views that lamp rules

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I think there's a nuanced discussion to be had here about separating the decor from the Monaco apartment renter because in spite of the Piquet family's awful political and social views that lamp rules

Death of the interior decorator

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Big Lamp

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

TheBacon posted:

#EssereFerrari

this week's zillow search term: passione

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I love lamp.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
zillow filters

within 5 miles of a fire department
within 3 miles of a cafe
within 2 miles of a salumeria
spare room suitable for an in house therapist

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Does Zillow have a filter for being as far away as possible from goons?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Charles Leclerc posted:

So I just bought a new house, I need the thread's collective wisdom on what percentage of rooms I paint Rosso Corsa to properly show my unwavering support for the Scud? I'm thinking anything less than 75% is half assing it and there are some sick deals on red carpets right now.
There's no reason your next 10 low ball quotes won't be accepted

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

When I see someone say :lewis:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Thanks Ants posted:

Looks like nobody has picked it up yet

https://www.luckytvseries.com/

Otoh, it’s the same guy that directed Senna. Otoh, it’s 8 hours of Bernie.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

net work error posted:

When I see someone say :lewis:

amazing iob lad

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i posted awhile ago that oval racing was boring but i watched the texas indycar race and it was pretty entertaining (plus i just finished the part of adrian newey's book where he talks about indycar)

i want to apologize to the thread for posting incorrectly

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGZ0x1s1Xh8

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

the milk machine posted:

i posted awhile ago that oval racing was boring but i watched the texas indycar race and it was pretty entertaining (plus i just finished the part of adrian newey's book where he talks about indycar)

It sometimes is really bad.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

the milk machine posted:

Plus, in a doubly-fitting event, the race
- ended with the last two laps under a safety car
- after Grosjean crashed on lap 248/250

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Plus, in a doubly-fitting event, the race
- ended with the last two laps under a safety car
- after Grosjean crashed on lap 248/250

i had some big chuckles about these facts, indeed

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

lol if ferrari is 5th or lower in the constructors this year. im almost willing to toxx ferrari in 5th, would be a lot funnier than 4th

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

the milk machine posted:

It's one of the best races I've watched in a long time, so no need to apologise as it's normally no where near that good!

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

the milk machine posted:

jealous of your attention span to read

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Just another normal, productive day at Ferrari

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

Otoh, it’s the same guy that directed Senna. Otoh, it’s 8 hours of Bernie.

Watched it a couple months back, it’s pretty good. It’s essentially A History of F1 through the lens of Bernie Ecclestone, the stuff in the ‘60s and ‘70s is the most interesting for me. The 2000s sections do get into the whole mess of Bernie’s legal problems, though, which is…certainly something.

And hell, we’re in mid-season between-race form if that lamp is making another appearance.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
The giant lamp is my favourite piece of f1 ephemera.

Its just so loving big lol.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pURJDToKA0k

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rACR6FxGmo

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The Bernie doc is really good, it was done with his cooperation though so it’s going to portray him in a good enough light for that to have been possible. Probably watch it for a history of F1 and how it professionalised itself and less of a “wow I didn’t know Bernie was innocent” sort of thing.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I went and clipped Toto and Fred having the conversation and then Toto's reaction when he realises the cameras are on him, because it's still hilarious to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7oq47P7SPM

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Custard Undies posted:

I went and clipped Toto and Fred having the conversation and then Toto's reaction when he realises the cameras are on him, because it's still hilarious to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7oq47P7SPM

Both their reactions are very funny. The way they synchronise looking away from each other to pretend they weren't having a conversation.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
What the gently caress

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/65153096 posted:

The sport is working on a plan to change the format of the new 'sprint' weekends.

F1 and the FIA have proposed splitting out the sprint from the main event by creating a second qualifying session exclusively for the Saturday race.

This new qualifying would run on Saturday, be shorter than a standard session but in the same knockout format, and set the grid for the sprint race. The starting positions for the main event would now be set by the qualifying session on Friday, rather than the results of the sprint.

Just as with the desire not to end races under a safety car, this proposal is founded on the desire to create a better show.

On Sunday in Melbourne, the team bosses gave initial support to this plan, and it will now go forward for formal discussion through the normal FIA rule-making process of F1 commission and world motorsport council.

There is a desire to get it introduced in time for the next race in Azerbaijan. At the same time, there is already concern about holding a sprint at a track notorious for producing incident-packed races. And now another novelty is being added. Inevitably, there are uncertainties to be ironed out.

One of these is that the shorter three-part knockout qualifying being proposed could lead to a final session of only six or so minutes.

With a session that short, if a driver running early crashed on his first flying lap, the others may run out of time to set a time. How, in those circumstances would the grid would be set?

This is just one of the matters that needs resolving before the plan goes ahead.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Wait so there would just be a random mini quali and race in between the normal quali and actual race?

What the gently caress indeed????

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

At the risk of being too :bahgawd: I'd rather the sport is run as a sport and not to provide extra opportunities for F1 Sprint Sponsored By Subway or whatever the gently caress the current owners are trying to do

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants posted:

At the risk of being too :bahgawd: I'd rather the sport is run as a sport and not to provide extra opportunities for F1 Sprint Sponsored By Subway or whatever the gently caress the current owners are trying to do

I agree with you.

I am probably one of a few people that miss the Sunday morning (30 mins) warm up session they used to run before qualifying was parc ferme conditions.

But that goes back to the grenading qualifying engines, which also ruled!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Oh poo poo, they are coming for Rebus!

Former F1 sponsor ROKiT launches $149m claim against Williams team

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/former-f1-sponsor-rokit-launches-149m-claim-against-williams-team/10453052/

quote:

Former Williams Formula 1 team sponsor ROKiT has launched a $149m legal action against the Grove outfit in a Florida court, claiming compensation for damage to its reputation.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I hope the judge asks the ROKiT lawyer what their company actually does

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If it were possible for companies to sue teams they sponsor that then go on to lose I'm sure it would have happened before, but then again this is a Florida court so who knows. Perhaps they will rule that Williams destroyed the reputation of ROKiT smartphones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

They had a reputation?