Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ANCALERTS/status/1643267713954099201?t=JJxsGPa0QY8xA-q0CYsmDA&s=19

Past the peak!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
Property management for the apartments I live in just sent a mass reminder to pay rent :stare:

I think this is a first in the two years I've been here. Maybe my rent will actually go down when my renewal hits lmao

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Ebola Roulette posted:

Property management for the apartments I live in just sent a mass reminder to pay rent :stare:

My apartment started doing the same a few months ago. They send the reminder every month now.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/axios/status/1643272592671875074?s=20

big win for gamers

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Turtle Sandbox posted:

I'm surprised we haven't seen a new, low cost, trash tier but cheap food options that fast food used to be. Maybe prices are up so high across the board a hot dog cart slinging the cheapest possible fare still runs to pricey compared to making your own lunch.

It’s 7/11, they have a decent selection of trash tier hot snacks for like $2-3

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
A thread on iowa's move to rollback child labor laws.
https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1643010024111763457?t=fXbiVP4RAlvr7WiIVzAXig&s=19

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

this is how we bring manufacturing jobs back to america

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

this is how we bring manufacturing jobs back to america

When are we putting child sized nets around Ford factories

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Spaced God posted:

don't need it. americans go out with drugs, guns, or cars

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

don't need it. americans go out with drugs, guns, or cars

We don't let 14 year olds buy drugs or drive cars, though.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Twerk from Home posted:

Not sure American kids have that much trouble gaining access to a gun

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

forkboy84 posted:

Whether actual Saul of Tarusus of Pseudo-Saul is to blame, the point remains. Someone there sucks rear end.

I dunno I hate more between him and Augustine tbh. Augustine's conception of original sin is pretty loving depraved

It’s a toss up between Paul, Augustine and Calvin for who has left the biggest stain on Christianity.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Rexicon1 posted:

It’s a toss up between Paul, Augustine and Calvin for who has left the biggest stain on Christianity.

canonically it's Jesus, there's a whole relic about it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shroud_of_Turin

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Twerk from Home posted:

We let 14 year olds drive cars if they have a work permit.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Rexicon1 posted:

Saints Paul and Augustine

Saints good, children working in meatpacking and construction bad.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Twerk from Home posted:

PA has a bill in the legislature to allow 15 year olds to drive cars

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Frosted Flake posted:

Saints good, children working in meatpacking and construction bad.

heresy

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Rexicon1 posted:

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Apartment building sales down 71% in Q1 2023

https://twitter.com/deitaone/status/1643300584169037836

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Whose apartment is down 21%? Were those same apartments up 100% the previous year?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

PA has a bill in the legislature to allow 15 year olds to drive cars

15.5 is already old enough to get a learners permit in many states, and then there are those "farm permits" that allow kids of basically any age to drive "in the area of the family farm". France has a class of license-free microcars where the only operating requirement is being over 14 (and some very basic instruction if you were born after 1988). They top out at about 45km/h though.

e: The hosed thing about the PA proposal is that it is specifically so "younger children can get jobs".

The_Franz has issued a correction as of 18:50 on Apr 4, 2023

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sokani posted:

Whose apartment is down 21%? Were those same apartments up 100% the previous year?

They mean to buy the whole apartment building, not the rent that the renters pay.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Sokani posted:

They're not talking about rent at apartments, they're talking about the actual selling of an entire apartment complex/buildings

What I find funny is that they frame it as a terrible thing that rent is not going up as higher as they want which is a horrible thing for investors lol

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
Time to raise those rents to make up for all the money you just lost on the value of your building!

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Spaced God posted:

From what I can tell, America doesn't believe in social safety nets.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Child labor is needed because they won’t survive to be adults.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

So the Canadian trucker protests were astrotured by the Canadian military? A thread
https://twitter.com/seriations/status/1643266591415582722?t=nzMQqdy-vN5D8JN5S3btkg&s=19

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

we're in the 70s again baby wooo

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

NeonPunk posted:

What I find funny is that they frame it as a terrible thing that rent is not going up as higher as they want which is a horrible thing for investors lol

icing on the cake

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

webcams for christ posted:

icing on the cake

They'll (and commercial landlords) are going to get a bailout in the end with our tax money anyways lol

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

So the Canadian trucker protests were astrotured by the Canadian military? A thread
https://twitter.com/seriations/status/1643266591415582722?t=nzMQqdy-vN5D8JN5S3btkg&s=19

good to see Frosted Flake getting out in the community

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Purchasers of multi-unit buildings almost always make all-cash offers. It's not like hedge funds need to take out mortgages.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Willa Rogers posted:

Purchasers of multi-unit buildings almost always make all-cash offers. It's not like hedge funds need to take out mortgages.

Do you have a source for this? My understanding was that an advantage of real estate investments was the ability to leverage your money further than with other types of investments.

Why tie up $4 million in one building when you can put 25%/$1million down on four buildings at 4%, that kinda thing

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Willa Rogers posted:

Japanese legitimate businessmen do this as well

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

I think some of it may be the buyers starting to look at the underlying numbers. If rent can’t always go up, and the building maybe isn’t always at 100% occupancy anymore, maybe there is some actual risk in buying an apartment building?

It’s like everything else with the raising interest rates, do you park it in a building that is going to maybe have some underlying risk, or do you start parking it in treasuries (or something else) that is showing some sort actual return again? When money was free, there was no other option. Now there is starting to be options again.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Willa Rogers posted:

im pretty sure its cash in the sense that they use their existing properties to get a business loan which is the "cash" they used to buy the property. this is how RE flippers do it.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Mr Hootington posted:

ERT Marksman team in NCR ≠ Prime Minister’s security detail, for one thing. The training pipelines are completely different, they work out of different offices.

Now, the area where they allowed the Truckers to stage is one intersection down the road from the detachment on McArthur Ave, directly across the street from L.H. Nicholson Building, RCMP National Division HQ, on one side, and DND Connaught Building on the other, which was a bit weird.

I thought Quiggin worked in A Div counterterrorism shop, in Downsview, so there’s not a NCR connection I don’t think.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

gently caress this stupid planet.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

2030 “it takes 3 incomes to support an average household, heres why thats good news for Republt”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Home buying these days reminds me of one scene in the Drew Carrey Show where Ryan Stiles and Diedrich Bader are playing poker while babysitting a garbage bag of cash. Stiles keeps winning every hand because he just says all-in and flops the garbage bag of cash on the table.