Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

What's a protection order for discovery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
given that trump has a rally scheduled tomorrow, it seems like limiting his posting on social media isn't going to stop his vocal complaints about someone ridding him of this turbulent judge

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Maybe having your underlings post pics of the judge's kids isn't a good thing.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

cr0y posted:

Some of the discovered materials could be available to review by Trump but under circumstances controlled by the state.

Seems the defense is at least a little amenable to that.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

And here we go : https://www.manhattanda.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Donald-J.-Trump-Indictment.pdf

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

All 34 are the standard thing, but to aid and conceal a crime.

There's the rub, aye

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

mdemone posted:

There's the rub, aye

Ugh now the cliffhanger is that we won't get to find out what crimes he was aiding or concealing until next season

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/tackettdc/status/1643336984218279937?t=DlcVcbcYMGpgOL4CdOALZQ&s=19

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1643338741807808513

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

mdemone posted:

There's the rub, aye

Yeah I just did a quick but thorough skim : all 34 are falsifying business records in the first degree and point to an invoice, a ledger entry or some combination of checks/stubs.

Seems like a pretty comprehensive map of a bunch of money changing hands illegally, with it all in the furtherance of an unspecified crime.

I'm assuming anything spicy is gonna be part of aforementioned ??? crime, but I was skimming pretty hard so I wasn't looking at anything besides what I already wrote about.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Good god this poo poo moves SO loving SLOW

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

SPOILER: He did not refrain from social media posts

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

mdemone posted:

There's the rub, aye

They didn't charge him with whatever underlying crimes are being aided and concealed, so I assume the underlying crimes must be federal and not something the state can charge him on?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

cr0y posted:

Good god this poo poo moves SO loving SLOW

My take is that Manhattan got slotted first because it can develop discovery of crimes in furtherance of election fraud, which can still be shown despite the late date

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

cr0y posted:

It means that Trump can't disclose information in public or harass/name witnesses involved in the case who he learns of from discovery in the case.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

and the claw won! posted:

They didn't charge him with whatever underlying crimes are being aided and concealed, so I assume the underlying crimes must be federal and not something the state can charge him on?

Somebody get me Jack Smith's special order

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Trump should thank the DA because they determined in their investigation that the doorman at Trump tower who was paid $30,000 to not talk to anyone about a child Trump had out of wedlock was not true.

Also, he apparently mailed the checks for the hush money. It would be very funny if he used USPS.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

plenty of time for trump to violate "don't post badly on the internet"

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Failed Imagineer posted:

SPOILER: He did not refrain from social media posts

What did he post?

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

At this rate, people will be voting while the trial is going on.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Zotix posted:

What did he post?

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

VERY UNFAIR VENUE, WITH SOME AREAS THAT VOTED 1% REPUBLICAN. THIS CASE SHOULD BE MOVED TO NEARBY STATEN ISLAND - WOULD BE A VERY FAIR AND SECURE LOCATION FOR THE TRIAL. ADDITIONALLY, THE HIGHLY PARTISAN JUDGE & HIS FAMILY ARE WELL KNOWN TRUMP HATERS. HE WAS AN UNFAIR DISASTER ON A PREVIOUS TRUMP RELATED CASE, WOULDN’T RECUSE, GAVE HORRIBLE JURY INSTRUCTIONS, & IMPOSSIBLE TO DEAL WITH DURING THE WITCH HUNT TRIAL. HIS DAUGHTER WORKED FOR “KAMALA” & NOW THE BIDEN-HARRIS CAMPAIGN. KANGAROO COURT!!!

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Here's a video of Taylor Greene leaving

https://twitter.com/MichaelRapaport/status/1643288461657493505

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Zotix posted:

What did he post?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Ither posted:

Here's a video of Taylor Greene leaving

Mayor specifically called her out for her poo poo beforehand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq0n8dplrsw

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Who in the world and why in the world was someone recording this?!?

quote:

In a conversation captured in an audio recording in approximately September
2016 concerning Woman 1’s account, the Defendant [Trump] and Lawyer A [Cohen] discussed how to obtain the
rights to Woman 1’s account from AMI and how to reimburse AMI."

lol at Trump trying to cheap out on payment even on hush money:

quote:

Trump told Cohen "if they could delay the payment until after the election, they could avoid paying altogether, because at that point it would not matter if the story became public. "

quote:

"The Defendant thanked the AMI CEO for handling the stories of the Doorman and Woman 1, and
invited the AMI CEO to the Inauguration. In the summer of 2017, the Defendant invited the
AMI CEO to the White House for a dinner to thank him for his help during the campaign."

If they have any physical evidence of this, then that could be bad for Trump. Not sure if this is based on testimony or not, though.

quote:

"In the months that followed, the Defendant and others engaged in a public
and private pressure campaign to ensure that Lawyer A did not cooperate with law enforcement
in the federal investigation"

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Judge is scraeming "LOG OFF" at my arraignment. show yourself, coward. i will never log off

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

This is the best thing I have ever seen.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/katiephang/status/1643338744085217284?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Madkal posted:

Maybe having your underlings post pics of the judge's kids isn't a good thing.

Having a good laugh thinking about Trump referring to his own children as underlings.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

InsertPotPun posted:

well that doesn't make any sense, trump's spent years in new york why would they hate him???

and he's best friends with NY's favorite mayor, Rudy Giuliani!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Who in the world and why in the world was someone recording this?!?

lol at Trump trying to cheap out on payment even on hush money:

If they have any physical evidence of this, then that could be bad for Trump. Not sure if this is based on testimony or not, though.

Lol

So... if Trump had actually Trumped fully and not paid... he would be... scott free on this? Because no money fraudulently changed hands if he never paid her? Might have been sued for breach of contract if there was any paper trail for that but like he said the story could have gone full public in 2017 and Trump would have been fine

ie: He's going to jail for actually paying money for once.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

mdemone posted:

My take is that Manhattan got slotted first because it can develop discovery of crimes in furtherance of election fraud, which can still be shown despite the late date

I don't think there's any discovery at this point.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

V-Men posted:

I don't think there's any discovery at this point.

There's been an investigation by the DA and the Manhattan police in relation to the grand jury. But the discovery has been more limited than it will be in the lead up to the trial.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
December 4th is unfortunately very, very far from now. Perhaps other indictments will drop in the meantime.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

and the claw won! posted:

My understanding is that the statute of limitations has already passed for the campaign finance violations so they couldn't charge him for those.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Ynglaur posted:

December 4th is unfortunately very, very far from now. Perhaps other indictments will drop in the meantime.

Maybe not the special counsel investigation, but one would think there would be movement on the GA case.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Ynglaur posted:

I don't think there's any real chance a later indictment will go to trial before this one does.

Simplex posted:

My understanding is that the statute of limitations has already passed for the campaign finance violations so they couldn't charge him for those.

I'm not sure. Yes, those seem to be typically 5 years, but taking any action to further them restarts the clock.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

FWIW Evan Perez on CNN saying the DoJ investigation is gaining momentum and the feeling is that soon, the DoJ will need to make a decision. Well before he's next to appear in court for the NY charges that the DoJ will announce on the classified documents probe.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 4, 2023

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Zotix posted:

FWIW Evan Perez on CNN saying the DoJ investigation is gaining momentum and the feeling is that soon, the DoJ will need to make a decision. Well before he's next to appear in court for the NY charges that the DoJ will announce on the classified documents probe.

Considering he stated in an interview this week that "Yeah I took those classified documents with the intent to sell them back to the government later" I can believe it lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

Zotix posted:

They could charge him in 7.5 months and it would still be before he’s due to appear in court again for NY.